The Official Nov/Dec Fan Art Contest Voting Thread

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
Please vote for the piece you want to win the contest from the choices below.

Thank you to everyone who participated. Voting closes Sun Jan 11th

aprilsfavemutant_zps1c2bfeb7.jpg

more art at: www.hectorenriquez.daportfolio.com

Here's a little something I drew over the weekend:

2duxtom.jpg

Never drew them before... So here's a first time from me. Not too shabby!

I made a clay bust :) Turtle wax anyone?

10816162_10203002860582158_23779545_n.jpg

Noticed the fan art contest linked in the video games section. Haven't checked out the fan art section on here forever. I always liked the monthly contests, but kinda assumed they had died off. Glad to see you're trying to revive them.

So far my votes going to the bust, really liking it. Can tell you did a lot of work on it, and have some very good skills. I like the other entries as well.

Since there aren't many entries I tried to do a quick one just to fill it up a bit more.

TMNTContest-Fading-small_zps4f5c350c.jpg

Here is my one.
TMNT1_zps0ddf9267.jpg

I vote for eledoremassis02.
Won't let a sculpture like this go to waste.

It seems unfair to have different kinds of artistic expressions for a contest, I don't think I could compare a clay figure to a drawing. It is certainly a very dedicated effort, however I vote for the first Donnie pic. It has an eerie Starry Night-esque feel to it.

Artistsean, Wushuboy & Guardian7 are my favourites but they're all good. :up:

Going with Guardian7 this time.

I voted for eledoremassis02 because that is a dope bust. I also thought Wushuboy and ellie4ever had great ones as well so it was a tough choice. I loved TMNT growing up as a little Kidd, turtle power!

I voted for Hugo's because Donatello is the best.

It seems unfair to have different kinds of artistic expressions for a contest, I don't think I could compare a clay figure to a drawing. It is certainly a very dedicated effort, however I vote for the first Donnie pic. It has an eerie Starry Night-esque feel to it.

To me that makes it more interesting and opens it up to a wider range of artists and voters. We're voting on a subjective basis anyway, it's just about what you like best, not judging talent or effort level.

To me that makes it more interesting and opens it up to a wider range of artists and voters. We're voting on a subjective basis anyway, it's just about what you like best, not judging talent or effort level.

right.

art is subjective and there are so many mediums. why limit the possibilities?

Went with eledoremassis02 too. Now I expect you to finish a life sized statue, and prop it in front of your neighbor's windows at night to scare them.

Wushuboy has a handle on the classic B/W style of TMNT while also having a modern take.

voting ends jan 11th, so be sure to vote if you haven't already!

voting has closed and eledoremassis02 is your winner

congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"