Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Sony ordered all third party stores to sell it online... there were few that allowed walk ins but not a lot. Some did a lottery system. This never happened before which is harder for everybody to get the thing unless you have a bot that will do the work for you.

In retail store, worst case scenario, you have 500 people waiting in line. But online? You are competing with Thousands if not millions, not just humans but programmed bots as well. Pre order pages were gone in an instant and thats not going to change in the next pre orders, unless Sony allows non online orders.

Sony surely knows there was a big demand for this, more people are at home, ps4 was a big success compare to ps3 but they failed to meet their planned 7 million shipment, so thats another factor.

Sony could have done this 50/50. And i don't think they are only accepting online orders because of covid safety protocols. Or else Sony should have stopped retailers to sell the new Ps5 games without an online pre order as well. Weird how I saw the New ps5 games and DualSense before the actual console. I could buy DualSense any time I want without a pre order.

So unless Sony manages to keep up with the demand, allow retailers to sell this without a pre order then maybe fewer people would buy from scalpers and there won't be a shortage for the rest of 2021.

Also, itshard to be wowed by ps5's record breaking sales when scalpers also earned 43 million by justselling ps5s. It really makes me wonder if scalpers got majority of the supply. And that 43 million was back in December!

Scalpers Rake in $43M by Selling PS5s, New Graphics Cards on eBay

Edit: scalpers earned 27 million with ps5s and 7 million for the ps5 digital version.... and thats just eBay!

Last edited:
I've never had a controller suffer from drift. If it did happen I would just drop $70 for a new controller. That $70 would be more than worth not having to fuss with Sony customer service or wait for a new controller. Generally I detest bothering with customer service for any electronic device that's worth less than $1000.

I guess they are legitimate since they aren't breaking any laws but they are still nothing but leeches that provide no value to the market but bring plenty of downsides. They should be scorned.

Something has to be done with selling over priced items especially Ps5 which isn't eXactly a limited / collector's item that only has a thousand copies (even though it is limited in stocks at the moment, millions will be manufactured and distributed for at least the next 8 years) and there's a SRP for the product. I can understand a 10% to 25% interest, but these consoles are being sold twice as its retail price. And outside the United States, ps5 is much more eXpensive.

I've read a law was made for scalpers selling tour tickets twice its original price. Unfortunately not every country is going to implement a law against scalpers / resellers giving unfair price numbers.

I just can't wait forthe day when ps5s are displayed in malls and retail stores, ready to be bought without an online pre order and scalpers are no longer making money from selling ps5s. But I don't trust Sony making that happen until late 2022.

Here in Germany there is still nothing really tangible when a new wave will come and so.
Rumor has it this week, but the last 3 weeks had the same rumor going...and nothing.

we just got a new wave in Finland, and I was informed that I would be receiving it this month, but I got a 2nd email saying that they made an error and I actually wont get the console yet

Any word on if we will be able to organize our games and apps into folders again? Like we were able to on ps4. I enjoyed doing that.

I finally saw what a ps5 looks like and damn thats a huge console. And its boX as someone was getting their ps5.

Though idk why the playstation 5 is cropped in the box cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"