The Official Pull List Discussion thread

Darthphere

Kneel before 'Drox!
Reaction score
So guys, these comics are getting pretty damn expensive nowadays and I need to cut back some. All I want to know is, what titles you guys think I should drop. Heres my pull list: Note some of these titles havent come out yet.

DC Comics

Batman
Detective Comics
Action Comics
Superman
Jonah Hex
JSA
Outsiders
Superman/Batman
Wonder Woman
Checkmate
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Green Lantern
Birds of Prey
The Flash
Robin
Blue Beetle
Ion
Teen Titans
Aquaman
Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters
Justice League of America
Ex Machina
The Other Side
Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood

Marvel Comics

Daredevil
Captain America
Young Avengers
Civil War
Civil War: Frontline
Civil War: Young Avengers/Runaways
She-Hulk
Squadron Supreme
Annihilation
Union Jack
Ms. Marvel
Moon Knight
X-Factor
Astonishing X-Men
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man
Eternals
Incredible Hulk
Fantastic Four
Criminal
Immortal Iron Fist
Dr. Strange: The Oath
1602: Fantastick Four

Misc. Comics oh yeah and Image.

The Walking Dead
The Lone Ranger

I may have forgotten some so....

Personally I'd drop Checkmate, Moon Knight, Astonishing, BoP, Nightwing, and Outsiders.
And Battlestar Galactica. But that's just me. How many do you want to drop?

You Buy a lot of comics, er a lot more than me.

Drop these:

DC: Robin, The Flash, Blue Beetle, Uncle Sam.

Marvel: No idea, don't read marvel someone on these boards will have to help you.

I'm just curious why you don't collect

Annihilation: Super Skrull and Annihilation: Ronan and Invincible.

Mistress Gluon said:
I'm just curious why you don't collect

Annihilation: Super Skrull and Annihilation: Ronan and Invincible.

The first two really wasnt that interested but might pick up the back issue if I have extra cash and Invincible I got into late in the game so its one of those series I follow in Trades and hardcovers like Y:The Last Man.

Im looking to drop 5-7 titles.

I think all the issues (omit like three) are in TPB right now. And definitely worth the price tag.

As for the other two Annihilation stories, they're not too bad, sure, none of them feature Galactus or Quasar, but they're not bad.

Mistress Gluon said:
I think all the issues (omit like three) are in TPB right now. And definitely worth the price tag.

As for the other two Annihilation stories, they're not too bad, sure, none of them feature Galactus or Quasar, but they're not bad.

Its also a way for me to save money. TPB's and hardcovers tned to be cheaper than buying individual issues. Especially with discounts.:D

Darthphere said:
Its also a way for me to save money. TPB's and hardcovers tned to be cheaper than buying individual issues. Especially with discounts.:D

Oh how I so love holiday sales of buy-one-get-one-free deals. :up:

i havnt heard good things of annihalation. Young Avengers is on hiatus so just dont worry abut that one yet -- dont drop 5-7 then, drop 4-6 :) The Lone Ranger (wtf?? that seriously any good?) and FF (cos of their constant title misleads etc etc to boost sales -- "a death in the family -- not a joke, not a hoax, for real" -- piss off!) Teen Titans (you have Young Avengers civil war arc for now and theyre apparently "the same" :p [as if]).

yknow what you should do to save money though? and what would scrape those 4 books a month off of your list? drop 52. it is SO good tho.. but are there gonna be any 52 trades?

DC Comics

Detective Comics
Action Comics
JSA
Outsiders
Superman/Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Green Lantern
Birds of Prey
The Flash
Robin
Teen Titans

Marvel Comics

Daredevil
Captain America
Young Avengers
She-Hulk
Squadron Supreme
Moon Knight
X-Factor
Astonishing X-Men
Eternals
Incredible Hulk

I cut out all the series that are for sure going to have TPB printings.

MyPokerShirt said:
yknow what you should do to save money though? and what would scrape those 4 books a month off of your list? drop 52. it is SO good tho.. but are there gonna be any 52 trades?

Not until next year

MyPokerShirt said:
i havnt heard good things of annihalation. Young Avengers is on hiatus so just dont worry abut that one yet -- dont drop 5-7 then, drop 4-6 :) The Lone Ranger (wtf?? that seriously any good?) and FF (cos of their constant title misleads etc etc to boost sales -- "a death in the family -- not a joke, not a hoax, for real" -- piss off!) Teen Titans (you have Young Avengers civil war arc for now and theyre apparently "the same" :p [as if])

It hasnt come out yet but im hearing good things.

Drop everything except the Ultimate titles and you should be fine. ;) :p

My pull list is sick. Last time I checked my pull it was over a hundred titles including mini-series and one shots.

Im also looking to adding Criminal, the new Connor Hawke mini and Mystery in Space on the pull list.

I try to stay away from mini's or limiteds since they're going to go to TPB anyway. That's how I keep my pull list down.

Yeah but mini's are so delicious, there are like White Castle burgers, you cant have enough.

twylight said:
DC Comics

Detective Comics
Action Comics
JSA
Outsiders
Superman/Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Arrow
Nightwing
Green Lantern
Birds of Prey
The Flash
Robin
Teen Titans

Marvel Comics

Daredevil
Captain America
Young Avengers
She-Hulk
Squadron Supreme
Moon Knight
X-Factor
Astonishing X-Men
Eternals
Incredible Hulk

I cut out all the series that are for sure going to have TPB printings.

Not until next year
Well arguably those three will have TPBs as well (I would also think it is a safe bet that all OYL stuff will be in trade at some point in the near future). But some stuff you just cannot wait on.

Well, when it comes down to money for school or money for comics...the schooling wins out. ;)

twylight said:
Well, when it comes down to money for school or money for comics...the schooling wins out. ;)

It does?:confused:

twylight said:
Ultimates aren't that good. :o

the ultimate books are overrated but Ultimates itself is amazing -- no, no INCREDIBLE if read altogether. the very first issue was brilliant and the couple afterwards slowed down the pace a bit, but when each volume gets into its full story the action is just mental and i can't believe they killed off
Hawkeye's family

Darthphere said:

I hate loans and I refuse to be in debt for the rest of my life, so yes. :p

ShadowBoxing said:
Well arguably those three will have TPBs as well (I would also think it is a safe bet that all OYL stuff will be in trade at some point in the near future). But some stuff you just cannot wait on.

I know...but they aren't mini's....or 'Event's' ;)

Besides who really want's to wait on S/B, AXM and TT?

Darthphere said:
Yeah but mini's are so delicious, there are like White Castle burgers, you cant have enough.

Until you pass gas in the car on your way down to Atlantic City and kill your road trip buddies. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"