The Official XBLA Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Five XBLA games on sale for half price. TODAY ONLY.

Castle Crashers
Limbo
Trials HD
Shadow Complex
Monday Night Combat

Five XBLA games on sale for half price. TODAY ONLY.

Castle Crashers
Limbo
Trials HD
Shadow Complex
Monday Night Combat

UGH!! Did they advertise it at all?? I've been waiting for Limbo to drop in price but it seems like they barely advertise price drops anymore unless it's part of the weekly thing.

Outlands is a surprisingly awesome awesome game.

UGH!! Did they advertise it at all?? I've been waiting for Limbo to drop in price but it seems like they barely advertise price drops anymore unless it's part of the weekly thing.

I don't think they did. But if it helps, I bought Limbo, and I totally think's worth the full price.

Ok... Ms. 'Splosion Man is amazing.

Just saying... blows the original away. (No pun intended.)

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet was a lot of fun, the puzzles strike that fine balance where they're not too easy but they're not frustrating. I'm surprised the multiplayer turned out to be the best part though lmao it gets pretty hectic. If you're on the fence about getting it wait 'til there's a sale. I blew through it in about five hours, I wouldn't have minded if it were only 800 points but yeah, it's a pretty awesome game regardless. :up:

I have yet to buy any of the Summer of Arcade titles this year as I feel 15 bucks is a bit much. If I get any it will be Bastion... the rest? Deal of the Weeks. Not saying they're bad... but, I'm just cheap when it comes to XBLA games. More so when I can get DLC for 5 bucks less.

I just spent 400 MS to get the Batman avatar costume from Arkham City in the XBL Marketplace, but I noticed that despite the fact that Marvel has so many games out, they don't have ANY avatar-related things in the Marketplace. Why is Marvel so uncooperative with Microsoft & Xbox? On the other hand, DC has Batman and GL in the Marketplace, but as a Marvel fan I really wish I could've gotten an IM, Thor, or Cap costume.

I never really noticed that, TBH. Marvel needs to get on that, stat!! I've had a sour taste in my mouth ever since Marvel/Disney/whoever pulled DLC content for their games from the marketplace like gamer pics and even game DLC like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2 add-ons.

But I'd love to see some Marvel-related avatar stuff. Seems like a no-brainer!

Id love an iron man costume and a cap shield. the possibilities are endless. And they'd probably sell better than dc costume pieces. Hawkeye's mask would probably sell more than green arrow's costume

ugh...this new interface is HORRIBLE. Obviously it's geared towards pushing Kinect. But for people who use a controller to navigate it's a massive step backwards in functionality.

Eh I personally love it way more,Confusing at first But then much easier to navigate and I just love the new design for the dashboard and for other apps like Netflix(way way much better/easier&faster)

I said in some other thread that I thought it was on par with the last major update. Neither better or worse. But having spend some more time with it, yeah it sucks. It's pretty bad. The main menu is okay, but once you go deeper into any of the categories, it becomes a real mess.

The game marketplace is particularly awful. The icons being pretty nonsensical certaintly doesn't help either. "New Releases" is a power button. "Most Popular" is presumably people with their hands raised at a concert. To find the game trailers section (which is vaguely called "videos") you have go through a silhouette of a man's head wearing headphones. Not only do they hide the different categories of games, but you have to go through a photo of some woman jumping (wtf?) to get to them.

Once you get there, you see the four major categories of games: XBLA, Games on Demand, Indie Games, and Xbox Originals. The icon for XBLA is a pixelated 360 controller. I understand what they're trying to communicate with that, but it's wildly inaccurate. XBLA hasn't been that since, like, 2006. Next we have Games on Demand. I don't even know what the **** this thing is. It looks like some sort of engine with a blue laser coming out of it. Moving on to Indie Games, we have a brick wall with some kind of pulp science fiction equipment in front of it. Excellent. Finally, we have Xbox Originals which is signified by a large original Xbox logo. Okay, you know what? Give it up for Micrososft, guys. They managed to make one icon that actually makes sense and clearly communicates what it represents. Great job.

My ciriticisms don't really matter though, because like I said in that other thread, as with the last update, I will continue to use my guide button menu in place of the main menu wherever I can.

It isn't without its improvements though. Cloud saves are welcome addition, and I really appreciate having Quickplay right there on the main menu.

Unfortunately, the biggest thing this new UI accomplished is completely putting me off Windows 8, as it shares the same design language. :/

metro.jpg

Speaking of bad interfaces, I hate the new Google image search on tablets.

Last edited:
ugh...this new interface is HORRIBLE. Obviously it's geared towards pushing Kinect. But for people who use a controller to navigate it's a massive step backwards in functionality.

Not really. :huh: Pressing the bumpers to go from menu to menu and having every option viewable is pretty good. The marketplace will take a little getting used to but overall it's a fine design.

I've had it for about two months... I seriously don't get why people have issues with it. I like it, minus netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"