• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The only Remake that should ever be made

The Kid

AMERICA FTW
Reaction score
Yes, The Wizard.

435px-Thewizard2.jpg

I truly believe this film is an genius work of art that must be remade for today's audiences. :dew:

There's nothing else i've seen that captures the essence of gamer culture so perfectly, just watch this scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B9r4-G1hGM&mode=related&search= and tell me you don't think it's brilliant. If you don't think so, then please go away.

My idea for the remake involves the current console wars between the 360, Wii, and PS3 and perhaps a few other game systems like psp and ds... well I guess that's all of them.

It'll follow the same basic story as the original. So it won't have a story.

I just want to see a kid use the wii-mote to impress our heros and then dramatically pause and say "It's wii-rrific"

Your thoughts, my friends?

I think The Relic desperately needs a remake. You know, that doesn't suck.

this is truly a great movie i used to watch it all the time when i was a kid

Sure.

I would be up for a remake.

Problem is that for me personally, I doubt I would find it superior to the original. Why? Basically because of the games that was featured in The Wizard. For me, those games bring back alot of good memories. That being said, I don't think I would personally find a remake to be more enjoyable. Basically because I find The Wizard to be something of a film that somewhat represents a certain time in the video game industry (as well as the time period in general) that I look back on with alot fondness.

So again. I wouldnt mind a remake. I would watch it. But again, I doubt I would enjoy it as much. If only for sentimental reasons.

I'm pretty damn tired of remakes on ANY level, and this one is just a bad idea. The charm of the original would be lost in the new "Uber-crazy!!" world of gaming. I saw that MTV special on those game-tournaments. Horrible. :csad:

The Wizard without the 80's and Fred Savage = A ****burger.

So.. uh... What else do they do beside playing games with a lame glove? :huh:

you can't top that power glove sequence, why bother trying?

Nathan said:
So.. uh... What else do they do beside playing games with a lame glove? :huh:

Well a ******ed kid says California 10 times and Christian Slater chases Fred Savage. That pretty much sums it up.

I bet that dude gets all the chicks.

"HEY BABY, wanna see my.....POWERGLOVE!?"

"hell, yes. Show me that bad boy."

Then Anakin Skywalker slowly slips on his soft velvet Powerglove...

"OMGIGAWd POWER GLOVE ME UP THE ******

the rest is too much for a G rated movie.

But uh...why not just create a movie with an entirely new storyline set in todays gaming subculture.

And leave The Wizard as it is. A reminder of simpler times....:csad:

Where art though Abobo?

They put you in a movie but instead you just looked like a walking ********
9.jpg

Not the Abobo I remember.

47082743.abobo.gif

R.I.P.
Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
And I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be
If you'll not fail to tell me that you love me
I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

The only remake I would support fully is for Clash of the Titans.

This movie "Captures the essence of gamer culture" as "perfectly" as Lamb Chops playalong captures the essence of the meat-production-industry.

The essence of gamer culture is one redeeming-quality-less-waste-of-time like no other while being stunted in every important quality for success in life.

Being a gamer does not involve, generally speaking, going on real life epic advenutures with a cute chick to help out your ******ed cousin with Christian Slater involved somehow. If it did, sign me up that sounds like a more fun time than anything that's happened with videogames in the last 12 years.

The Wizard was just a big Super Mario Bros 3 commercial and yes, the Power Glove was so bad you couldn't actually play games with it.

I thought you were going to say the Wizard....of Oz. That badly needs an update more in tone with the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"