The Phantasy Star Series

Lily Adler

#forthecontent! 📹 (she/her)
Staff member
Reaction score
So I had a friend who was obsessed with Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast and another who bought it when Sega decided to pull the plug on its servers. Is it a good series? I've heard that it's archaic compared to other RPGs.

I personally loved PSO, and I'm still waiting (foolishly) for Sega to localize PSO2. :/

As far as it being archaic, it's probably fifteen years old so of course it isn't going to stack up if you're making a direct comparison to modern games. However, I suspect if you can appreciate old games and have a group of friends to play it with, it would still be pretty fun.

Looks like PSO2 may never get localized. There's PSU, I guess.

Looks like PSO2 may never get localized. There's PSU, I guess.
oh really ?

PlayStation 4
Phantasy Star Online 2 coming to PS4
Published 11 hours ago. 157 comments.

PlayStation 4 version due out in 2016.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming to PlayStation 4, Sega announced.
The free-to-play online RPG first launched for PC in Japan in 2012, following a PS Vita release in 2013.
The PlayStation 4 version of Phantasy Star Online 2 will begin service in Japan in 2016.

If you’re at the Tokyo Game Show in September, Phantasy Star Online 2 will be playable on PlayStation 4.

Sega also confirmed the latest expansion to the title, “Reborn: Episode 4,” will be released in 2016, complete with a new logo.
Thanks, Games Talk.

Read More

PlayStation 4, Game Announce, MMORPG, Phantasy Star Online 2, RPG, Sega
source:Gematsu

Well we'll have to see if it's coming west ward as well. after all this was the case with some other titles like Digi mon cyber sleuth and they're letting it come west. Yeah it's a different dev studio. but thing are subject to change.

Last edited:
Not sure about the online games but i consider phantasy star iv one of the best RPGs ever made... You should check it out on Sega Genesis

A Look At Phantasy Star Online 2 On PlayStation 4.September 15, 2015 . 8:30am

Sega announced last month that they’re bringing their MMORPG title Phantasy Star Online 2 to the PlayStation 4,
and the upcoming version just got a new trailer for Tokyo Game Show 2015.

Sega announced last month that they’re bringing their MMORPG title Phantasy Star Online 2 to the PlayStation 4, and the upcoming version just got a new trailer for Tokyo Game Show 2015.

[YT]2FLSeqOoMJY[/YT]

Phantasy Star Online 2 will release in Japan in 2016. A playable demo will be available at Tokyo Game Show.

Read more stories about PC & Phantasy Star Online 2 & PlayStation 4 & PlayStation Vita on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Switch
[FONT=&quot]Phantasy Star Online 2: Cloud launches spring 2018 in Japan[/FONT]
Published 44 mins ago. 2 comments.

The September-announced, Cloud-based Switch version.

PSO2-Switch_12-16-17.jpg

Phantasy Star Online 2: Cloud, the Cloud-based Switch version of Phantasy Star Online 2 announced in September, will launch in Japan in spring 2018, Sega announced.

Since all of the game data exists on the cloud server, time-consuming downloads and constant updates will not be required for Phantasy Star Online 2: Cloud. It will run at 30 frames per second, but there may be lag depending on network conditions.

That being said, a stable Internet connection is required to play. The Switch version cannot play quests with models outside of the PC version, but since all accounts use the same Sega ID, Arks Cash and Star Gems can be shared across models. You can also switch between models as you please as long as you are not logged in at the same time.

Phantasy Star Online 2 is currently available for PC, PlayStation 4, and PS Vita in Japan.

Thanks, GAME Watch.

source: Gematsu

Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming to the Nintendo Switch… which does not have region locks

March 9, 2018 19 comments

We had really thought that after the never-updated website finally shut down last year we would be done talking about Phantasy Star Online 2, which at this point is Sega’s never-ending routine of dangling a steak in front of American fans before punching them in the throat. But, see, the game is coming out for the Switch! That matters because there are no region locks on that particular console, so you could easily import it and play it on your American console!

And, of course, you could then be baffled because you presumably don’t speak enough Japanese to muddle through any of the game’s menus or interfaces or dialogue prompts. But the game would run, and it would even never need patches due to running entirely on the cloud. Which is kind of cool, Read more

Via: Massivelyop.com/

source: Kotaku, Destructoid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"