Not open for further replies.

PLAS

Avenger
Reaction score
hey kids!
listen to this
your ears will thank you

Ladrytron
imagine what would you get if you mix Depeche Mode, Erause/Pet Shop Boys, old psychodelic music and Britney Spears and added some heroin to the mix, and that's kinda like what this album sounds like.
it's basically techno pop, with the added bonus of really intelligent songwritting and clever arrengements that breathe a very unique style into this group
perfect for late night parties, with enough 80's nostalgia thrown in the mix, one of the best dance albums I've heard
outstanding songs: "he took her to a movie", "jet age", "I'm with the pilots", "Ladybird"

Quicksand
Manic Depression
emo before it became a fad and nu metal before that term even existed
this now-defunct band from NY who happen to be contemporaries of Tool had possesed a very unique blend of metal, punk, grunge and lots of emotion
you want powerfull riffs? they're here, you want deep lyrics? check and overcheck, you want breakneck tempo swings that will make you stomp the mosh pit? they've got them is spades
it's a damn shame the band no longer exists
really cool tracks: "simpleton", "blister", "landmine spring", "torn on my side"
the whole things is great

more to come later

Ladytron is Awesome.....May I recomend Stereolab, oh mighty PLAS?

The Rasmus - In The Shadows
The Rasmus - Still Standing
Keane - Somewhere Only We Know

I love the title, The Plasmatics rocked. If you like a band, they are probably good so I'll check these bands out.

Stereolab
Cibbo Matto (I fell in love)
whatever u want

but remember to post the why do you think the album is good

oh, I forgot to mention this

while this is open for all types of styles and from all times, I would strongly suggest to avoid recommending bands like simple plan, good charlotte or yellowcard... or any other mainstream crap that really brings nothing new to the table but the same old tired crap of always

Speaking of Emo, How about the First Sunny Day Realstate Album...that one was pretty good, and effectively (If sadly) was the first band to be called Emo.

Edit:
I like how Jeremy's voice is more of an Incomprehensible wail, he sounds more like a creature than a man. On most song you just listen to his voice as if it were another instrument in the wave of sound you're being hit with, while in "Pheurton_Skeurto" his voice gains a clarity that gives the song a subdued air of agression that to me is really appealing.

Originally posted by PLAS
Stereolab
Cibbo Matto (I fell in love)
whatever u want

but remember to post the why do you think the album is good

oh, I forgot to mention this

while this is open for all types of styles and from all times, I would strongly suggest to avoid recommending bands like simple plan, good charlotte or yellowcard... or any other mainstream crap that really brings nothing new to the table but the same old tired crap of always

Yes. Good Charlotte and Yellowcard should be a bannable offense. I'll get on my suggestions now.

Fugazi: the argument (political punk/hardcore music, with some awesome difficult to digest sonic textures)

Cooper templre clause:kick up the fire and let the flames break loose ( a really experimental rock album that will leave you with a hedache yet still be glad for listening to it)

Non prophets:hope(rapper sage francis, winner of umpteen scribblejams talks about a wide range of subjects from why he hates children to the intellectual poverty of mainstream hip hop incredibly lyrically complex and with some cool beats)

The Mars Volta:de loused in the comatorium.(a breathtaking soundscape with brillitant instrumentals and quite possibly the most pretentious lyrics ever)

Razorlight:up all night. (British indie band in the kind of post punk style of the libertines deceptively simple album.)

Originally posted by Constantine J.
Speaking of Emo, How about the First Sunny Day Realstate Album...that one was pretty good, and effectively (If sadly) was the first band to be called Emo.

SDRE is a great example of a band whose first album was just mindblowing, and although it sounds a lot like what is now known as emo, when it came out it was just post-grunge

and as far as the first emo band, methinks the honor goes to fugazi or minor threat, even Black Flag's Damaged is an example of seminal emo-core

The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone?
With a delightful quarkiness, The Unicorns rock like the mentally unstable Canadians that they are. Each song starts out with unusual noises and sounds somewhat like an 80s video game. The highlights of the album for me are Child Star, I Don't Wanna Die, and Tuff Ghost.

The only bands I am going to check out ar ethe ones explaining what type of music the band is and your little mini review, El Diablo and Vapor, your posts are useless

Originally posted by El Diablo
Fugazi: the argument
Cooper templre clause:kick up the fire and let the flames break loose
Non prophets:hope
The Mars Volta:de loused in the comatorium.
Razorlight:up all night.

Fugazi is great, I've always liked them, Repeater being my favorite favorite album.

Another recommendation of mine is Soul Coughing.

The album is Ruby Vroom, and it's one of the best amalgamtions of music I've heard in along while, and have yet to hear something that even comes close to this.

While everyone was busy worshipping at the altar of beck in the mid 90's I indulged in the hersy that was Soul Coughing.
Acoustic bass, great drumming, Samples used in very creative ways (Like a Mighty Mouse theme song sample, and a Looney tunes sample), combined with lirycs more ackin to beat poetry than songcraft. they even reference Fugazi's "waiting room" in one of their songs.

The Mooney Suzuki - People Get Ready

These New York City garage rockers take hints from everything from Mo-Town to the MC5 in their music making. What comes out it an album of catchy, amazing, garage rock. *they are even better live*

Originally posted by PLAS

and as far as the first emo band, methinks the honor goes to fugazi or minor threat, even Black Flag's Damaged is an example of seminal emo-core

You sir, have thouroughly schooled me. :up:

Leftover Crack- F*** World Trade

Recently signed to Jello Biafra's Alternative Tentacles Records, these ska-punk squatters from NYC rip at the establishment with this album. It might just be the political lyrics that I like, but these guys just f***ing rock. www.alternativetentacles.com (please support indie labels)

The Velvet Underground- The Velvet Underground featuring Neco

I felt I had to put the greatest and most influential band to all of the music I listen to on here. Everyone should listen to to record, even your cats and dogs. Proto-punk at it's best. Lou Reed's monotonic singing combined with John Cale and Sterling Morrisson's great and unusual music makes this THE most important album...ever. All of the bands listed here are influenced mostly by these guys. If you haven't heard them, you better. It's even better on vinyl.:)

Broadcast
The Noise Made By People

If you ever liked Mazzy star but thought yourself to Manly to admit it, here's a brittish band that combines a healthy dose of Nostalgia with great experimentation and a female vocalist that just makes every minute of the songs a delight.
It's somewhat reminisscent of Black Box Recorder for those who have heard them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"