or maybe during the act of teh sex

dying having teh sex onstage!!!!

that would so rule :mad:

Originally posted by casualspidey101
Darkwing duck rules:D
Left%20Field.jpg

Boards Of Canada
Music Has The Right To Children
If you were like me in the late 90's, you were tired of people singing the praises of The Chemical Brothers while thinking to yuorself "yeah, they're good, but there's better Electronic music out there" well then, this album is for you.
Complex structuring which nonetheless brings forward melodies that evoque much more feeling than most of the bands out there in the Electronic scene (even today) give it a spin and see if you like it....ah, electronic which brings me to my next one

Underworld
Beaucoup Fish
Possibly one of the most innovative bands out there in the electronic movement, rather than depen on guest vocalists they have an in-house one. they started as a new wave band, but failed misserably(under the radar proves this)but this is quite possibly my favorite album of theirs.
try "Jumbo" or "Shudder/King of snake" they are all very good.

Originally posted by PLAS
I DLed it, and lemme tell you, it's a great, great, great album

it kinda reminds me of Yo La Tengo

but much more sexy

Yeah, I got that too on first impression, If you liked that one also try The Magnetic Fields specifically the Holiday album which kicks all kindsof experimental ass, it was realeased in early to mid nineties yet fell under the radar of the "Alternative" boom that was so strong at the time.

and yes, broadcast is teh sexy.

I am listenign to it at this moment, I'll come up with a review for it later

Anybody like Husker Du? Tool? Mogwai? ...Nelly?

Imjust DL'd Zen Arcade

I haven't listened to it in a long time

el bumpo!

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
Hearts of Oak
Great sounding indie rock/punk with a big volcabulary. Any other band using 'ossify' or 'abjure' would sound pretentious, but Leo, with his soaring falsetto and great lyrics, makes it work. Best songs on the record are 'Where Have All the Rude Boys Gone?', 'The High Party', 'Bridges and Squares' (which is one of my favorite songs ever), and 'The Crane Takes Flight'.

This thread rules.

I haven't listened to it while more than barely awake, but I downloaded Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble" last night, and there was something just so good about it... I tried to find more of his music, but couldn't right then.

I need to listen to the song again, but it seemed good. I recommend.

Refused
The Shape of Punk to Come
My god. What can I say about this album? If you think you know hardcore, Refused will change your perceptions of the whole medium. From the explosive opening lines of 'Worms of the Senses' (I've got a bone to pick with capitalism/and a few to break!) to the ending "ballad", 'The Apollo Programme was a Hoax', this CD does not stop. Marxist/Anarchist hardcore with angry as hell lyrics, a dash of electronica and medolica, and a good amount of complexity in the music; it's a real shame that these crazy Swedes broke up.
Watch the music video for 'New Noise' in Realplayer (56K or DSL) and see why this band rules.
Caution: don't view video in crowded workspace, as it is extremely loud)

the defenders said:
You, my friend, have good taste.
Thank you very much. If it wasn't for the Brendan Leonard Show, I never would have found out about most of my favorite bands. But Ted Leo and the Pharmacists are freaking awesome. It's too bad I've missed them twice when they came to town.

the defenders said:
Yeah, I watched that show when it was on. I didn't know The Pharmacists were on it though, although I know Brendon was into good music. That's rockin' though.
It might be out on DVD, which is great because my tapes are wearing out. The show also got me into Jets to Brazil and the Hi-Fives, plus I already have three MU330 albums.

Gomez
Split The Difference
If you're a fan of Gomez, you probably don't need to read this review to be convinced that the new album is incredible, but the fact is that most of you don't know about the existence of this band, that has been around since 1998 and has consistenly put out great material in long play, coupled with the best collection of singles, probably on ly comparable to Ride in that sense.
This Album is a return to form, after a brief experience with electronic experimentation, that while it didn't fail, It did distract from the fact that these are amazing muscicians, The atmosphere is thick with sound on this one, the patented stop and go action of Gomez's long days past is still present, but only briefly,anad sparcely throughout the record.
The many vocalist's add to variety strewn on every song, and by the time you finish the record you'll either love it or hate it.
for I've yet to meet someone who only goes "Meh!" when asked about Gomez, It's either full fleged love or a hate only expressible in gutural grunts and clicks.

Enjoy.

Barbelith said:
Thank you very much. If it wasn't for the Brendan Leonard Show, I never would have found out about most of my favorite bands. But Ted Leo and the Pharmacists are freaking awesome. It's too bad I've missed them twice when they came to town.

ha! Ted Leo and the Pharmacists! My brother was friends with Chisel at ND! i spent a couple party's hanging out with them! ha.
and actually a guy i know directed the video for 'where have all the rude boys gone'!

maxwell's demon said:
ha! Ted Leo and the Pharmacists! My brother was friends with Chisel at ND! i spent a couple party's hanging out with them! ha.
and actually a guy i know directed the video for 'where have all the rude boys gone'!
That's awesome. Ted Leo seems like he'd be an awesome guy to hang out with.

P.S. Mogwai is great.
(translation for those of you under 18: M0gwa1 1s teh roxxor!!111)

yeah he was pretty cool, except for one time late in college, i ran into him after a Seam show. I was a bit disappointed- seemed like he'd gotten a bit 'too cool for school'- but looking back now, i was probably coming off like a geeky fanboy, asking him questions about his brothers band and stuff.
actually, last time i ran into him last fall at my local market- that was the last time i saw him. he was pretty cool then. he was looking at some mangos or something.

oh and defenders- you'd love this- when i saw himat a party in college- he did an AMAZING cover of 'Death of a Disco Dancer'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"