The Retro Gaming Thread

That would be great. Something that SquareEnix should do---

You rememer SECRET of EVERMORE? You and your dog go through time and try to save the specific times you are in? Or how about ILLUSION of GAIA, where you are a telekinetic young boy who becomes the dark knight Freedan or the Ninja Shadow to save the planet and your friends? How about an anthology set featuring those two games, plus some of the hard to reach SNES games for both, like the original Star Ocean, or Secret of Mana? Release it with a buttload of extras for $30 bucks, and you got me at "Hello"!

CantThinkOfAName said:
since these jackasses' parents decided to consummate in their forties because they were enjoying the the lifestyle of the Reagan babies too much:mad:

damn newbies to the world :down

pre 16-bit is retro. i was playing elite quite alot around six months ago.

Johnny Blaze said:
That's right...I forgot all about Paper Mario. :o

Well then...looks like Nintendo just needs to make a next gen Earthbound game and I'll be happy. :o

Well, in Japan they ported both of them to the GBA. Supposed to be coming to America as well, which is great. :up:

X said:
Well, in Japan they ported both of them to the GBA. Supposed to be coming to America as well, which is great. :up:
Actually they're not supposed to be coming to America, which is pretty close to what you said.

Anyway I played SMB 2 on my NES today...good stuff. Worst old Mario game but fortunately Mario games are at such a high level of awesomeness that even the worst of them is an undeniable classic:up:

Boy, and I hope someone comes and says that 2 isn't really a Mario game, that doesn't get old

I´ve been playing a lot of emulators lately, so, yeah, i´m into retro gaming right now.

Zx Spectrum
Amiga
NES
SNES
N64
Old PC games

You name it...

hippie_hunter said:
All my GBA games are either NES or SNES ports
Same with me, though I did get most of the GBA Castlevania games, but that's because I'm a Castlevania ****e. :o

My brother just got the original Breath of Fire at the Flea Market today for fifteen bucks, so it looks like I'll be playing that once I'm done with Mario RPG. :D :up:

Not Jake said:
Actually they're not supposed to be coming to America, which is pretty close to what you said.

Really? I heard differently a while ago. :(

Not Jake said:
Anyway I played SMB 2 on my NES today...good stuff. Worst old Mario game but fortunately Mario games are at such a high level of awesomeness that even the worst of them is an undeniable classic:up:

Boy, and I hope someone comes and says that 2 isn't really a Mario game, that doesn't get old
I cant wait for Whatshisface to come in and say Super Mario Bros. 3 wasnt a real Mario game:(

:)

Not Jake said:
Didn't they make one for the N64 (Mother 3, I think) and never released it outside of Japan? I suppose Earthbound will never be America-bound:(

But then, I never played the SNES version, so I guess i have no reason to be superbly sad.

:(

CantThinkOfAName said:
Didn't they make one for the N64 (Mother 3, I think) and never released it outside of Japan? I suppose Earthbound will never be America-bound:(

But then, I never played the SNES version, so I guess i have no reason to be superbly sad.

I think that was scrapped during production.

CantThinkOfAName said:

It was tossed:down:

But yeah, you should download an emulator, I dunno, SNES9x or something, and then go to http://www.cherryroms.com or somewhere (I haven't checked that site for a long time so I don't know if it still has a lot of roms or not, but you have to make a screen name there) and get Earthbound:up:

In fact you can probably download an SNES emulator at that site

Burger Time is a game that will never get old. Peter Pepper vs evil Hot Dogs, Eggs and Pickels. :)

My mate got out his SNES and we played:

Super Mario World.
Super Ghouls and ghosts.
Street Fighter 2

and some other games that I forget lol

I wish they brought out old school consoles out again, for all the old school gamers around, They would still sell :up:

GothamsGuardian said:
Burger Time is a game that will never get old. Peter Pepper vs evil Hot Dogs, Eggs and Pickels. :)

Hahahaa, yes! :D :up:

The Amazing Lee said:
I wish they brought out old school consoles out again, for all the old school gamers around, They would still sell :up:
Probably not, but the whole plug 'n play controller fad seems to be going strong

Thread resurrection!

I was playing Mega Man X last night. Love that game...maybe as much as Mega Man 2. I know, blasphemy:(

Also I've been playing Link to the Past in my spare time. I just beat Blind the Thief last week, so that's like, 3 or 4 more dungeons to go if I remember right. Which I probably don't. Might start playing again tonight.

Also, lookie here at this awesomeosity. It seems the patent for the NES has expired so now making pirate systems isn't so piratey anymore. Check out this sexy momma: http://www.playmessiah.com/onlinestore/index.htm

It's slim, should play games reliably, and has rumble, which apparently works on the louder beeps and boops. It could get annoying but also a game like Contra could kick ass with it.:o

Too bad it's $60. I'd buy it if it were a little cheaper. The wireless controllers they sell are supposed to be good, too

Wow, that is pretty cool. But, my old NES is still going strong, so I'd have no real need for it. But, that rumble feature would be cool. Love to see how it'd work with a game like Punch Out. :up:

Oh, and comparing MMX with MM2 is indeed blasphemy. :(
The first two MMX games were great games, but still can't beat out the classic MM games; MM2 especially. At least, that's my opinion anyway. :o

As for retro games...I've been playing the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on my SNES lately; mainly sticking to the first two. It's funny, I used to be able to beat both of them, but now, for the life of me, I can't beat the Demon in the second one and, for some reason, I can't get past your father in the first game. :(

Recently, I've been thinking about breaking out one of the old school Dragon Warrior games, but I can't decide between DW2 or DW3.

The DW games are pretty tedious to go back to, what with all the menu work for things like opening a chest or talking to people or unlocking a door. I prefer the Gameboy Color versions, which do all that with just a button, like you would in most other games. DW1 & 2 were on one cart, with DW3 on a cart its own. All exactly what I wanted. Same game, less hassle.

Ya know...I think I have those somewhere too.
Maybe I'll go look for them and play them on my Cube...or just say **** it and play the original Final Fantasy. :o

I lust for the original Final Fantasy cartridge. I need one. Especially one with a battery that doesn't piss away saves once a week.:(

There's an auction on ebay right now that I'm keeping my eye on, with Final Fantasy, Kirby's Adventure, and Kid Icarus along with like 18 other games (most of which I don't have). I hope it stays reasonably priced (though with those games, I doubt it).:( I have a nice 15-game...I don't know what you'd call it, case? Rack? Anyway, it holds 15 NES games and has these spring-loaded tabs on it that when you release one the corresponding game will kind of pop out. It's this great old thing that I've been trying to track down another one of for awhile. Anyway, back to my point, I'm trying to fill it with the 15 best NES games. Right now it's filled with the 15 best NES games that I own. I figure I have about 10 of the top 15 NES games in it right now, and I'm looking to replace the remaining 5 good (but not best) games with others (Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, and Final Fantasy are among the 5 I want).

The ones I have that I already consider top 15 are:

SMB/Duckhunt (would like to replace this with SMB/Duckhunt/World Class Track Meet)
SMB2
SMB3
Zelda
Zelda 2
Castlevania
Tecmo Super Bowl
MT's Punch-Out
Tetris (maybe)

Otherwise I have games like Excitebike and Pro Wrestling and TMNT & TMNT 3 filling out the ranks. I only have about 25 games right now, so that's the selection I'm limited to. I have yet to get my hands on Mega Man 2 or River City Ransom or Metroid or TMNT 2, all of which I want in my top 15. I mean, I've seen those games, but not for prices that I will pay. Of course River City Ransom is kind of rare so I'd pretty much buy that if I saw it anywhere outside of ebay.

Sometimes restoring your old collection is hard:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"