The Rings of Power Season 1 Episode 5 "Partings"

Oh, it's a mystery then, not something known from books.
Good.
It's like a lot of things in this show. Of course it's not from the books. There is no crash in the books. It can still be a good story; or not....depends on your perspective.

It's like a lot of things in this show. Of course it's not from the books. There is no crash in the books. It can still be a good story; or not....depends on your perspective.

I'm open to everything.
I was just wondering if these people were known characters, faction, etc from Tolkien work.

I'm open to everything.
I was just wondering if these people were known characters, faction, etc from Tolkien work.
At this point, I am too. If you aren't open to another story, you won't enjoy this show. If you aren't that familiar with the events of the 2nd age, I would basically just assume that nothing is canon. They've created what may end up being an interesting story not at all in line with the writings.

Yeah, forgot to mention the song in my little review. LOVED it. I’ve listened to it on Spotify a lot the past couple days.

I also agree that we either haven’t seen Sauron, or he’s NOT any of the primary suspects (Halbrand, the Stranger, Adar, the Dweller). We know that he’s a shapeshifter… who’s to say he hasn’t shapshifted into someone else and taken his/her place? I don’t know, but I’m a little suspicious of Gil-galad right now. Probably not, but I think it’s possible. As the guy from Nerd of the Rings pointed out this week, we have to be rooting for Gil-galad once the Last Alliance happens. Right now, he’s been a bit unlikable (at least for some fans). Of course, if he is to be believed, he’s been manipulating things for good reasons and a lot can happen in 5 seasons to make us like him. But if it’s all a ruse and the real Gil-galad is imprisoned somewhere, then it wouldn’t be too hard to root for the real Gil-galad once all is revealed.

I’m probably wrong but I don’t know. I don’t think any of the current suspects are Sauron.

The thing with Gil-galad isn't if he's right, but its what he believes is happening. What he thinks is happening does explain a lot. And if he is being tricked or manipulated into his actions, I think that is a thing the character can come back from. Though really, he is going to remain a secondary character.

I was wondering that myself. They looked like elves but not quite .....
One theory bouncing around is that they are werewolves, and in particular the same three wolves (which look different from the warg we saw in an earlier episode) we see attacking the hobbits before meteor man saves them. Seems like a stretch to me but there it is anyhow.

Yeah for whatever happens with him down the line I don’t see him as actively conning anyone right now.
It’s strongly hinted that Halbrand has already betrayed followers to their death by his own hand, just like the demand Adar made of the leader of the dissident villagers, "[a]nd when these people discover it, they will cast me out." I’d say it’s still a con job for him to conceal the details of that part of his history while accepting anyone’s trust, but he’s in a no-win situation whether or not he reveals the truth.

Valandil (to Isildur): "One day, I hope you find something that you would be willing to sacrifice anything for."

Cue the ominous music.

I was wondering that myself. They looked like elves but not quite .....
Round ears, but yeah, elf-like clothing and composure.

The "constellation" on the shield one of them is holding looks like the symbol the Stranger is seeking.

lol read „Fartings“…which fits some concepts from last episode.
Hope 6 is better

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"