Amazon's Rings of Power - General Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

They spent so much money on this they are reluctant to can it. They just don't get that pretty sets don't equal a great story.
Were there pretty sets? Not even a joke, genuinely asking, I couldn't get past about a half hour of one episode before checking out and wasn't terribly impressed despite the budget.

You made it to episode 3?

0bc903b2-8dbf-41eb-a6b1-2bb0d6f40337_text.gif
Took a couple tries, but yeah. :funny:

They can't really afford to cut corners in season 2 after misfiring in season 1. People who are unhappy with both seasons aren't going to come back for a season 3 even if it then happens to start getting great.
Honestly, I don't think Amazon expect or want a third season at this point.

If the 37% completion is true, it's pretty likely the second season was mainly an obligation in their contracts (which would make more expensive not to do a second season).

So, Amazon will work with the scripts they have (instead of losing more money waiting for the strike to end). The result will probably be terrible, but the series will receive bad reviews either way.

Given how much money they've sunk into this thing, I think they'll milk it for as long as they can. I kind think of Bezos as Sauron. He sunk a lot of power into something that wasn't good.

Honestly, I don't think Amazon expect or want a third season at this point.

If the 37% completion is true, it's pretty likely the second season was mainly an obligation in their contracts (which would make more expensive not to do a second season).

So, Amazon will work with the scripts they have (instead of losing more money waiting for the strike to end). The result will probably be terrible, but the series will receive bad reviews either way.
Such a shame how this all worked out. I had really high hopes. GoT has managed to continue its universe successfully despite blowing up the end of the main series, while LotR aced the full trilogy and hasn’t seen good results since. :csad:

Given how much money they've sunk into this thing, I think they'll milk it for as long as they can. I kind think of Bezos as Sauron. He sunk a lot of power into something that wasn't good.
Exactly. Spent too much to quit too soon.

Such a shame how this all worked out. I had really high hopes. GoT has managed to continue its universe successfully despite blowing up the end of the main series, while LotR aced the full trilogy and hasn’t seen good results since. :csad:
Thrones had good and easy to follow story lines. Rings was all over the place.

It's feeling more and more like a Star Wars equivalent in quality drop. LotR was the OT, The Hobbit was the prequels and RoP are the sequels.

I liked everything except the clunky and disappointing final episode, it was ridiculously rushed. That hurt the overall experience for me, but I'm happy to watch more. The production values were unbelievable, but there are easy improvements to be made otherwise. Good cast, too.

I was sooo duped by season one. Hats off to the writers I guess, but I watched every episode, observed every little seed planted, and remained pretty optimistic until the finale. I had convinced myself that every bum note could be a clever red herring, and the show was deploying some clever misleads to play off expectations. Once all the cards were on the table, I realised it was just setting up bad ideas and setting them up badly.

That said, it was still pretty in places. I'll have a look at what season 2 has to offer.

Oh I just noticed LOTR has its own forum! Sweet!

Nice to have our own little hobbit hole

I gave up after episode 7, never even watched the finale. I disliked it from the first episode (the writing was atrocious), but at least it had some very nice music. I doubt I'll bother checking out season 2 unless there's a dramatic uptick in quality.

I will make some kind of fan edit out of this one day. Once everything is done with. Even if it ends up just being 15 minutes of glamour shots, they are damn nice shots. RoP is not the show it could have been, but I'm going to enjoy exploring Middle Earth for as long as Amazon will foot the bill.

I will make some kind of fan edit out of this one day. Once everything is done with. Even if it ends up just being 15 minutes of glamour shots, they are damn nice shots. RoP is not the show it could have been, but I'm going to enjoy exploring Middle Earth for as long as Amazon will foot the bill.
I wish it WAS Middle-earth. Still, I can understand why some people might like the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"