The Road To The Batman: Batman Movies Rewatch Thread

Fight scenes generally aren't a particular point of interest for me in the first place. So the warehouse scene, though definitely one of better parts of BvS, still never did all that much for me.

For the record, I love Ben Affleck's Batman. He rocked it in every film he was in aside from Joss Whedon's cut.

But jeez, I'm almost ashamed to admit I love him in the role and enjoyed Zack's films to a degree because I'm afraid I'll be lumped in with the Snyder-bot, edgelord crowd.

Fight scenes generally aren't a particular point of interest for me in the first place. So the warehouse scene, though definitely one of better parts of BvS, still never did all that much for me.

I actually just watched that scene on YouTube like 10 minutes ago.

It's a very fluid hand to hand combat scene. Batman really looks like a trained and extremely skilled martial artist in it. But man, he stabs a dude and then straight up executes him at the very end. That didn't even need to happen. Plus he catapults a crate at a guy and instead of it rendering him unconscious; it knocks him backwards and smashes his skull into a wall and we see some gratuitous blood splatter for good measure.

Still a great fight scene, but yeah, just a little over the top with the sheer brutality.

For the record, I love Ben Affleck's Batman. He rocked it in every film he was in aside from Joss Whedon's cut.

But jeez, I'm almost ashamed to admit I love him in the role and enjoyed Zack's films to a degree because I'm afraid I'll be lumped in with the Snyder-bot, edgelord crowd.

I always said he deserved better. Way better than being the Batman in a Zack Synder directed film.

The Nolan films are full of questionable at best extras.

- Like, what was with the random street dudes eating Subway just to witness the Batmobile have a Batpod baby?

- "He shud tern 'imself innn!" *lip curl mad face*

- "NO MOAR DED COPZ!"

- "Okay that's NOT good!"

- Background extras during the final fight in Rises.

- The men having a euphoric heart attack as Bruce climbs the pit.

My favorite:
OcE1iVA.gif

I'm not trying to defend the PTA crowd's faux-outrage or anything, but it is genuinely insane to me that WB let Burton make such a subversive and grotesque movie with their biggest IP. Like, this is a movie that opens with attempted infanticide and it was a huge summer blockbuster with happy meal toys. It's kinda crazy :funny:. I do *slightly* understand where the backlash came from, though I think Warner overreacted by parting ways with Burton. They should've known how some middle-America soccer moms would react and been rightly prepared for it.

It was also a more conservative time in America than today, and the view of superhero films back then, was that they were "kids stuff".

That may be hard for fans today to appreciate, but that was the world of the 1980s and alot of the early 1990s.

Those parents views were not considered radical, or out of the mainstream.
Heck, I remember parents complaining about the violence in Batman 1989.

The Ninja Turtles faced a similar controversy for the amount of violence and use of weapons back then.

The world of 1992 is not the world of 2022.

It's something that's hard to wrap your head around if you weren't alive or aware enough of the culture.

It's a very fluid hand to hand combat scene. Batman really looks like a trained and extremely skilled martial artist in it. But man, he stabs a dude and then straight up executes him at the very end. That didn't even need to happen. Plus he catapults a crate at a guy and instead of it rendering him unconscious; it knocks him backwards and smashes his skull into a wall and we see some gratuitous blood splatter for good measure.

Still a great fight scene, but yeah, just a little over the top with the sheer brutality.

It is great. Batman looked and moved better than he ever had at that point in time. The sequence is Batman Arkham come to life, really. Unfortunately the murdery takedowns ruin it.

By the way, he seemed very stiff in comparison in Justice League. The suit, maybe?

It is great. Batman looked and moved better than he ever had at that point in time. The sequence is Batman Arkham come to life, really. Unfortunately the murdery takedowns ruin it.

By the way, he seemed very stiff in comparison in Justice League. The suit, maybe?

Had to have been because of the different suit in JL. They really shouldn't have changed that BvS suit at all. I know people want to have Pattinson's suit more streamlined, but I really would love it to stay as is for what I'm assuming will be the entire trilogy. I actually really liked that about TDK suit being the same in TDKR.

Its main benefit, IMO, is getting graded on a curve. Its the best Batman fight scene in the movie. . . because all the other Batman fight scenes are awful, both in concept and executions. At least in the Warehouse, Batman is doing an appropriately Batman-ish thing, and only *some* of the moves have weird and impossible looking physics rather than *all* of them.

Joker (2019)

Does Thomas Wayne talk like that about the poor in any continuity? Calling them clowns and losers?

Is this in any way based on any world in the comics? Should I really counted as a Batman related movie? Feels like it has some names from Batman's mythos sprinkled here and there just to hit that sweet billion bucks mark. At least it has more to do with Batman than that movie using the name Catwoman.

My words are not meant to complain about the movie, I love it, and it doesn't lose me when it skids the line between delusion and reality like some other movies do. I think I can say it's one of my favorite movies from that year without shrugging or second guessing my opinion.

Was Wayne talking explicitly about the poor there? I thought he was talking solely about the protestors and their conduct. Also I think you're being very charitable in suggesting that connecting it to the Batman mythos was a calculated move to gross them over a billion dollars lol. I highly doubt it getting anywhere near that figure even crossed their minds in their wildest dreams. Phillips has said they used the Batman connection to get the film made, period. That much is undeniably true. But using that connection to get over the billion mark? No, I don't think so. Joker grossing as much as it did was a result of intensely negative publicity and a media firestorm imo.

Last edited:
I think he did, but maybe Thomas did talk about the latter and my mind crossed the two things.

I guess then Todd is lucky, but also in a bit of tough spot cause he doesn't have a bigger share of the gross cause the IP is not his.

This is a take I'm tired of =

"tHe DArK kNigHT iS OnLY gUD beCuZ HeATh LEdGEr!!

tAKe HiM oUT aND IT's mEdiOCre!"
It's funny, because that definitely isn't true of the Nolan Batman films, TDK in particular, since Bale now gets criminally underrated. But it is actually true of the MCU / Avengers franchise, if you remove RDJ.

It's funny, because that definitely isn't true of the Nolan Batman films, TDK in particular, since Bale now gets criminally underrated. But it is actually true of the MCU / Avengers franchise, if you remove RDJ.

Woah woah woah.

I have many problems with the MCU franchise but to he fair I don't think that's a bit to far.

Phase1 /phase 3 is legitimately solid some of the best comic book content ever.

Robert Downey Jr alone wasn't the only thing good about it.

Woah woah woah.

I have many problems with the MCU franchise but to he fair I don't think that's a bit to far.

Phase1 /phase 3 is legitimately solid some of the best comic book content ever.

Robert Downey Jr alone didn't do that.
I don't.

TIH is meh, could've been great if they truly let Norton do his thing.

Cap FA is meh.

Thor is meh.

Avengers and Age of Ultron are horrendous without RDJ. Whedon sucks to begin with, but you get the idea. Cap 3: Civil War IE Avengers 2.5 probably too.

Thor 2 is crap.

Winter Soldier is good as TDK, the poor man's version.

RDJ made that entire franchise.

Everyone else is average at best acting or likability wise until we get them giving us shots of more comedy with Paul Rudd or Chris Pratt in Infinity War.

It isn't until we get solo films and the emergence of the greatest on screen Spider-Man, Tom Holland, where we have an actor and character that actually carries it's own weight and gravity.

RDJ deserves a residual check for all those films. Average cinematically apart from his insane chops, and lovability.

I don't. Avengers and Age of Ultron are horrendous without RDJ. Whedon sucks to begin with, but you get the idea. Cap 3: Civil War IE Avengers 2.5 probably too. He made that entire franchise.

Everyone else is average at best acting or likability wise until we get them giving us shots of more comedy with Paul Rudd or Chris Pratt in Infinity War.

It isn't until we get solo films and the emergence of the greatest on screen Spider-Man, Tom Holland, where we have an actor and character that actually carries it's own weight and gravity.

RDJ deserves a residual check for all those films. Average cinematically apart from his insane chops, and lovability.

I don't like Whedon as a person but what's so horrendous about Avengers Assemble and
Age Of Ultron ?

I agree that Robert Downey Jr has the best performances and the most interesting character until Tom Holland Spiderman but I'm not sure how this makes thos movies any less enjoyable personally.

There not even close to Dark Knight Triolgy levels or any Batman movie but there still solid comic book movies.

I just rewatched Batman 89 and about to rewatch batman returns. I still love Batman 89. It does have flaws of course, but theres only a handfull of movies ever made that are perfect in my opinion. Still dont get what vicky vale was doing in the dance at the end. At f first she acts like shes drugged!
Then at the end of the sequence theres nothing wrong with her! Filmmakers kind of ****ed up that bit! However I think it still holds up pretty well overall. I used to hate the fact they killed joker off in the end, but at least it had a definite ending! Not like every superhero movie now that has to set up a sequel.

This topic is trending and making geek site headlines.

Does the disrespect for The Dark Knight Rises know no bounds?

We're now pretending it's on equal footing with Spider-Man 3?

277611517_3117430471839037_5596676020991014826_n.jpg

Well one is overstuffed with plot and the other is overstuffed with villians.

I don't like Whedon as a person but what's so horrendous about Avengers Assemble and
Age Of Ultron ?

I agree that Robert Downey Jr has the best performances and the most interesting character until Tom Holland Spiderman but I'm not sure how this makes thos movies any less enjoyable personally.

There not even close to Dark Knight Triolgy levels or any Batman movie but there still solid comic book movies.
I hate Whedon’s Avengers movies. I think Phase One was unwatchable besides Downey acting like Downey in the first solo movie.

I hate Whedon’s Avengers movies. I think Phase One was unwatchable besides Downey acting like Downey in the first solo movie.

Phase 1 is definitely my least favorite phase.

The only I've ever rewatched was Iron Man and Avengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"