Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18963

DreamWorks Hires Ruins Director
Source: Variety
February 16, 2007

DreamWorks has hired Carter B. Smith to helm The Ruins, a horror thriller set in the Yucatan jungles that's being produced by Stuart Cornfeld at Ben Stiller's Red Hour, reports Variety.

The project is based on a novel by Scott Smith about four American friends on vacation in Cancún who find themselves lost in the jungle after being persuaded by a German tourist to join his search for his missing brother.

Scott Smith is writing the screenplay adaptation. He also wrote the novel and screenplay for 1998's A Simple Plan.

I liked A Simple Plan and i just ordered this book,hopefully it will be of the same quality:up:

Bit on the Book

Three Discover The Ruins
Source: The Hollywood Reporter May 4, 2007

Laura Ramsey, Jena Malone and Shawn Ashmore will star in DreamWorks and Spyglass Entertainment's The Ruins, the adaptation of the bestselling Scott B. Smith novel. Red Hour Films' Ben Stiller and Stuart Cornfeld are producing along with Chris Bender.

The three actors join Jonathan Tucker in a thriller about a group of friends whose leisurely Mexican holiday takes a turn for the worse when they accompany a fellow tourist on a remote archaeological dig in the jungle, where something evil lives among the ruins.

Smith wrote the screenplay. Principal photography begins in late May in Queensland, Australia.

The book reviews were very poor ... Hunter, had a chance to read it yet??

The villain of DreamWorks' April 11 horror-thriller The Ruins has been revealed, and if you'd like to know already, then read on, as USA Today reports:

The villain of The Ruins is beautiful, clever and seductive — and spends the entire story exposed on a sunny Cancun hillside.

It's a plant.

The movie — opening April 11 and based on the novel by Scott B. Smith, who also wrote the screenplay — chronicles the experiences of young tourists who find themselves isolated at an archaeological dig in a Mexican jungle.

"As the resilience of the characters is worn down, the plant reveals itself to be more of a foe," says Smith. A foe with intellect and abilities beyond those of the average Venus flytrap.

First Stills.

6qbh16r.jpg

7wjna5y.jpg

6ltweus.jpg

Hunter, this is the wrong thread, but...

What was the name of that movie based on that "Oprah book club" book about a dad protecting his son from apocalyptics cannibals? :confused:

I totally need to buy that book :(

블라스;13436969 said:
Hunter, this is the wrong thread, but...

What was the name of that movie based on that "Oprah book club" book about a dad protecting his son from apocalyptics cannibals? :confused:

I totally need to buy that book :(

LOL. :D The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

Oh **** it's Audrey III!

That poster is pretty trippy.
Ha, terror has evolved, huh?
I'll be the judge of that. :hq:

I don't know if I should finish reading the book. I don't want to spoil any surprises for myself. There's even talk of a sequel.

Not sure if there is a thread on this movie -- I searched but couldn't find anything -- but anywhere, here's one now.

I haven't seen it but I'm very curious. Anyone who has seen it please post your opinion. I hear that this film is really intense and a decent horror film, but I'm skeptical of imdb.com

Plot Synopsis:
"A group of friends whose leisurely Mexican holiday takes a turn for the worse when they, along with a fellow tourist embark on a remote archaeological dig in the jungle, where something evil lives among the ruins."

Trailer:
http://www.imdb.com/video/trailer/me709247451/

I read this movie was really scary. I read the book and it had me not wanting to leave the city for a while.

Not the scariest movie. Some parts are comedic relief, I'm pretty sure, because the audience laughed and it reminded me of the American Werewolf in London 'confession' scene that plays for horror and comedy. The audience was squirming in their seats. It was definitely "what the hell?" trippy creepy. No pop outs.

7.5/10

Could have been better. But, it was good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"