• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Salvation - Mads Mikkelsen

Drz

Real Hero
Reaction score
Teh IMDB paige.

_1399385878.jpg

In 1870s America, a peaceful American settler kills his family's murderer which unleashes the fury of a notorious gang leader. His cowardly fellow townspeople then betray him, forcing him to hunt down the outlaws alone.

Starring: Mads Mikkelsen, Eva Green, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Mikael Persbrandt & Jonathan Pryce

Directed by Kristian Levring

I liked this movie, it's "an independent" film that cost 10,5 Million Euros and will most likely get a limited theatrical release and a VOD release on the same time.

The movie doesn't have much of it's own story or tale to tell, it's really just good ol' fashioned spagetti western where things just go from bad to worse. Jonathan Pryce had fun with his role, Eva Green's character was definitely interesting to me.

I would have removed the first 10-20 minutes and just open the movie with Mads riding with his dead wife & son, there was no need to open the movie with text, see Mads finally reunite with his family only to have them murdered. It's hard for me to beleive a Danish soldier who lived in Wild West for 7 years, wouldn't had just shot down the murderers before. I just didn't like how kind Mads was haha.

I'd also "warn" people not to expect too many high things about this movie because of it's stellar cast.

No, he's too kind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"