BvS The San Diego Comic-Con Thread - Part 2

while some of you were at comic-con, I was getting married, and like I told you, we did a small batman 66 kind of fight.

here is a preview of the scene (it was much longer, because we had some dialogue).

[YT]b8-PEhrzYPc[/YT]

If I watched a CBM with my dad, it would 2 hrs plus of 'Who's that', 'Why is he dressed like that', 'Is that the Joker then, why are there two of them', 'It's too dark, I can't see who is fighting whom', bless him....

:funny: My husband is terrible with names and faces, but that doesn't stop him from trying to figure out who an actor is and where he knows him/her from. This invariably leads to me hitting pause in exasperation to explain things like, "Superman is the Duke of Suffolk and Zod is Van Alden" or correcting mistakes like " no, that's not McNulty, it's Cromwell, and yes McNulty is British"

Only Army/Navy, lol. He's a West Point grad, retired colonel.

Oh well there ya go then. Lol He's all business. The reason why I asked that was bc maybe you could have compared the two saying their uniform allows them to do their job more effectively and efficiently. Like football players. Lol and they're not tights anymore. Just form fitted suits. :D and at the end of the day it's the idea of men and women putting themselves at risk to save lives.

Oh well there ya go then. Lol He's all business. The reason why I asked that was bc maybe you could have compared the two saying their uniform allows them to do their job more effectively and efficiently. Like football players. Lol and they're not tights anymore. Just form fitted suits. :D and at the end of the day it's the idea of men and women putting themselves at risk to save lives.

All parents ever see are tights.

I actually have pointed out that they're not really tights anymore, and he says "they're just fancier tights." Like Sam said, that's all they see, lol. Though conversely, my mom loves this stuff, including MoS. She's just ambivalent about this because she doesn't want to see Bats and Supes as enemies and hates to see them fighting. I told her the subtitle "Dawn of Justice" should give her clue that they won't be enemies for long, and she was all "I sure hope so" with a very concerned tone of voice. :funny:

Last edited:
I actually have pointed out that they're not really tights anymore, and he says "they're just fancier tights." Like Sam said, that's all they see, lol. Though conversely, my mom loves this stuff, including MoS. She's just ambivalent about this because she doesn't want to see Bats and Supes as enemies and hates to see them fighting. I told her the subtitle "Dawn of Justice" should give her clue that they won't be enemies for long, and she was all "I sure hope so" with a very concerned tone of voice. :funny:

He's right.

Aww she's AWESOME. :D lol and I think your pop likes teasing you

My dad does, but he generally doesn't like them too serious. One time he explained why - "because at the end of the day, it's guys in tights and robot suits who fly and stick to walls. It's silly any way you slice it. At least when the comedy's intentional I don't feel bad for laughing." By some miracle he did like the Nolan movies, but he's a big fan of the crime genre so I think that had a lot to do with it. He can never take X-Men seriously (mainly b/c of "all the blue people"), and he HATED Watchmen especially. So as you can imagine, I haven't bothered showing him this trailer, lol.
your dad is a marvel fan.

Aww she's AWESOME. :D lol and I think your pop likes teasing you
That he does. He knows my Superman love is strong.

your dad is a marvel fan.
And he doesn't even know it. :funny: He recently decided he's a pretty big Nolan fan, though. Loved all his movies that he's seen (which is everything since BB). So it's not all sci-fi/genre stuff he doesn't like taking itself too seriously - just the superhero ones, apparently. Complicated man, lol.

Okay guys, I know I am many days late but I have been off the grid since comic con, and I would have kept you guys updated during the Hall H panel but I have really bad battery life and it died right after the SS footage so here is very late report from Hall H!!!

here is proof
GvDNJFw.jpg

First off it was pretty incredible! For my first time in Hall H it was an amazing experience. As you know the WB Hall H screen were wrapped around on both sides, think of it as a V shape. Main screen in the middle with two elongated screens on each sides. The video segment in the beginning was filled with concept art of all upcoming DC movies with Zack Snyder, Ben Affleck and I think some others talked as well, mixed between the art was footage from MOS, SS and BvS and it ended with title cards for each movie as well. Here is the breakdown of the panel

The DC panel started with a chrome DC logo rotating into focus on the main screen with the words "DC films" then taking the main screen. Golden and Silver age comic book art started filling up the main and sides screens of characters who will be feature on the upcoming DC film slate with the music from man of steel playing in the background, although i might be wrong about the MOS music part.

Then a video of Zack Snyder talking about how DC is has rich history that is ready to "explode" on the big screen with the Ben Affleck saying some other stuff as well. Slowly all the comic book art was replace with concept art of basically every upcoming DC movie. It was hard to take in because each screen had different concept art on it and it would show only for a couple of seconds and there was a very good chance I missed some of the art. A lot of the Suicide Squad art is stuff we have seen in set photos with Joker looking more traditional then he does now. One of the most interesting concept are is where we see Joker on a chair but from behind with his arm cover in blood like he just gave himself a tattoo or something else really bad went down. As I said, many of the art just flashed on screen so I couldn't get the best of looks. Some of the concept art were in motion like when you see those motion comic books, it was like that except with concept art. Not all were like this but a nice portion was.

Concept art: I am going to do a break down of the best concept that I can remember.

Aquaman:

I remember seeing two of pieces of art, one where he seems to swimming, hands forward, with a school of fish, another where he is underwater holding on to some sort of rock structure as schools of fish swim past him. Both of these were motion art. He might of had a trident in at least one of these and there might have been a third one of him as well. Hard to remember.

Wonder Woman: Concept art pretty much confirms her movie will be in some sort period setting or at least there will be a flashback to one. The main art I can remember is her standing on a huge heap of debris with shield and sword in hand after a battle with small flames on it as well and soldiers are standing on the ground around the heap. I have seen many people claim it is WWII but I am not so sure that it is. It is definitely seemed like one of the World Wars though. What was cool is after this art showed the next thing appeared was "Directed by Patty Jenkins" :woot:

Flash: I saw his costume and probably the one piece of concept art I remember best. First it was a motion concept art again. We see Ezra with medium length black hair, like hair past his ears, holding either a bullet or a ring at a crime scene. Then his Flash speeds by. His costume is pretty different from the show. It is similar to injustice in the sense that he is wearing armor. It doesn't really look like that suit just has some similarities. His suit is more similar to Nolan's bat suit in the sense he has segmented armor pads on his suit and his cowl doesn't look it is made of leather either. It is not bulky but pretty streamlined. It was great.

Green Lanter Corps: I wasn't sure if this was concept art only because it looked like the most comic booky. The other ones looked realistic to an extent while this one looked more like it was from a comic book. People they showed: Katma tui, Kilowog, Hal Jordan and John Stewart. My brother said he also saw Arisia too.

Cyborg, Shazam & Justice League: Really quick, I do not remember seeing much Shazam concept art, I think I saw one of Black Adama and Shazam squaring off before battle, both of their costumes seemed New52 inspired, but it flashed by so quick man. Cyborg art and JL concept were dope but we didn't see much of either. The Cyborg concept art was the one same one from the JL art except him singled out. His costume his really hard to describe, it almost like the cyborg part of him was growing out of him, if that makes any sort of sense. The JL concept art was them standing around each other, similar to the Thrones of Atlantis movie cover but with the the main 6 for sure, can't remember if GL was there or which one if was there if he was.

Thanks a lot for these descriptions. I've been waiting anxiously to hear more.

Regarding Aquaman, was he wearing the same costume as in official photo?

And about Cyborg, did he have a plate on the half of his face like in the comics?

Thanks a lot for these descriptions. I've been waiting anxiously to hear more.

Regarding Aquaman, was he wearing the same costume as in official photo?

And about Cyborg, did he have a plate on the half of his face like in the comics?

Yes regarding the Aquaman costume, and regarding cyborg, I wouldn't call it a plate but yes, half his face was covered in metal.

I see. Thanks for all the info. And I'm glad to hear you had such a great time.

Yes regarding the Aquaman costume, and regarding cyborg, I wouldn't call it a plate but yes, half his face was covered in metal.

Did it look like earth tech or alien tech

Been surprised their hasn't been more talk of those slides, thanks for the post. :up:

Regarding Cyborg, description sounds very similar to this newer design of his to me:

CYB_Cv2.jpg

I love that..except for the big blue button in the middle of his crotch

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"