The Secret of Monkey Island!

Dark_Lord

Dark Lord of the Sith
Reaction score
There have been rumors that LucasArts was going to resurrect a classic franchise at E3 and it seems like it's The Secret of Monkey Island for the 360! Looks like it's going to be a special edition (no idea what that means).

GamerByters.com

I hope it's true and I hope they release the rest of them and finally decide to make a new one.

That would be fantastic! I've always wanted to play some of those classic LucasArts adventure games.

I think those classic adventure games should be given a new lease on life on XBLA and PSN. I used to play Monkey Island and it was the funniest game I've ever played.

I always thought that LucasArts should re-release their classic adventure collection via XLB/PSN/WiiWare....since their backlog is fantastic.

This is good news though. Maybe they'll release Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle soon also. :up:

:up:

I have no words to describe my happiness right now.
XBLA is becaming the service to have for adventure games in the old point & click style.
First it was Penny Arcade (not p&c, but in the same vein), then there is the upcoming Sam & Max seasons and Wallace & Gromit episode pack; now this.....wow...let´s hope LucasArts releases everything, and Sierra (Activision, in this case) follows (I want some King´s Quest and Heroes Quest).

I would also welcome some King's Quest and Space Quest myself.

LucasArts...

After Monkey Island (the 3 games, thank you), release the rest, Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders, Manic Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle,....and then, after all those are done, release...GRIM FANDANGO.

Please......pretty please..

New Monkey Island game to join special edition remaster

LucasArts today announced two Monkey Island projects in the works for the Xbox 360, Wii and PC.

Starting in just a few weeks, Telltale will première the Tales of Monkey Island; a game featuring a new epic storyline that will unfold in five monthly episodes on PC and WiiWare.

The Monkey Island fun will continue with The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, which is a re-imagined version of the first game with high-def graphics, a re-mastered score, and full voice over for the 1990 game. This will be made available on the Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 and PCs.

The game marks a new partnership between LucasArts and the development team at TellTale, whose team includes designers and artists who worked on the previous Monkey Island Games.

"We couldn’t be any more excited about bringing Monkey Island to today's gamers -- both in our special edition of the original classic, and through our collaboration with Telltale on the episodic series," said LucasArts’ President Darrell Rodriguez.

"We can’t wait for Guybrush Threepwood and LeChuck to return to gamers’ screens."

"The Monkey Island series set the standard for storytelling and character development in games," said Telltale CEO Dan Connors.

"The next several months should be filled with all kinds of surprises as we continue the dramatic stories of Guybrush, Elaine and LeChuck. We are happy to be working with LucasArts to make this happen."

GameZine.co.uk

Behind the Scenes

The Secret of Monkey Island Official Site
Tales of Monkey Island Official Site

I guess the thread should be moved since the Secret of Monkey Island is for the 360 andt the PC, while the Tales of Monkey Island is for the PC and the Wii.

EDIT: A comparison of the enhanced vs the classic version of Monkey Island. You can choose which one to use.

elaineandguybrushplunde.jpg

elaineandguybrushondock.jpg

Last edited:
I never got around to play Monkey Island when it came out. I'm definitely picking this up.

And I would love to have Grim Fandango on Live Arcade.

Last edited:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition will be available on July 15th and it'll cost 800 MS Points. Tales of Monkey Island is available now, for anyone interested.

EDIT: Can we move this to the misc section since it's also available for the PC?

Last edited:
800 MS points seems really good to me. I've read in other places it being somewhat higher. Really excited for this

The game is available on XBLA for 800 points! I'm still waiting for my XBL Points from amazon.co.uk, because I don't have enough right now :(

I've only played The Curse of Monkey Island, but it was one of the best and funniest games I've ever played. I'd buy every last one of them if they came out for the 360.

The HINT system is awesome. I only used it a few times, but it won't let you get stuck. Keeps the game flowing.

whats the gameplay time??....never played any of the monkey island games

I remember playing Monkey Island on the computer waaaaay back in the 90's on my best friend's PC lol. I'd love to play this new one :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"