The Sims

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
The Sims Coming to the Big Screen
Source: Variety May 25, 2007

Variety says 20th Century Fox has acquired feature rights to the life simulation computer game "The Sims" from Electronic Arts, and has set project up with Fox-based John Davis.

The five-year-old franchise is the best selling PC game in history, with worldwide sales topping 85 million, bringing in over $1.6 billion. The movie will be live-action.

Steve Asbell is overseeing the project for Fox with "Sims" Studio head Rod Humble managing the creative property for Electronic Arts. Brian Lynch will write the script; the story is under wraps with talent yet to be named.

So how the hell can you make a movie out of a life simulation game?

I cant think of any words I am speechless about this

The sims?? How could you make a film out of this? Would be boorrrrriiinnnn!!!

yikes, talk about a late arrival.

Nobody plays the sims anymore.

If done right, this could be an amazing comedy.
JAR-JAR.jpg

I'm seeing this as a mix between The Truman Show and Married With Children, sounds like a great combination huh.

Yeah, probably a Truman Show type thing. They are all being controlled/watched, then one of them figures it out and tries to get "free".

I think it would be great if there was a giand hand floating and following them around.

This movie would kick ass if it was like a little town being controlled by a giant fat kid or something. We could see the fat kid's life at points, then if he gets picked on he comes home and f***s with their lives.

stop picking on fat people :mad:

I'll pick on you all I want, son! :cmad:

its the clothes, dammit! :(

It certainly can't be worse than the Resident Evil movies...

Can it?

I sense it'll be done like the first Superman, where it opens up with a kid opening up a Supes comic and basically the movie is him reading the comic book. This could open with someone starting up a Sims game, then you go into a live action setting. I'll assume a PG-13 comedy type thing more than likely.

Lets hope they don't talk in that annoying sims dialect throughout the duration

I swear one time, one of them once said 'gof-ckyourself' when I tried to make him do something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"