The Sixth Gun

TheCorpulent1

SHAZAM!
Reaction score
Interview with Cullen Bunn

Looking forward to this. Bunn and Hurtt's The Damned has been utterly fantastic. The Free Comic Book Day issue of The Sixth Gun had a really good blend of the gritty Western standards and mysticism. Can't wait to read more. :up:

The preview looked really good. I think I'm getting it. With Aliens and Cowboys in production, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Sixth Gun film.

I hope they wait until it's finished in comic form first. I don't want The Sixth Gun to be one of those comics where the movie is in development before the comic itself even ends.

I hope they wait until it's finished in comic form first. I don't want The Sixth Gun to be one of those comics where the movie is in development before the comic itself even ends.

Totally agree.

I read the FCBD issue and loved it, but I was a huge fan of Bunn and Hurtt from The Damned already. My shop never ordered the issues, so I wound up buying the TPB recently. I've got about one more issue to go in it. I've already set up a subscription through HeavyInk so I won't have to rely on my local shop for it anymore; #7 and 8 are supposed to ship to me this week. Really, really looking forward to them. I would've probably preferred The Damned be ongoing rather than this if I had the choice, but this is still pretty great. General Hume is an awesome villain. :)

I think General Hume could be a textbook case of the Magnificent Bastard.

He got like ten times better when I realized he was a Confederate general (total brainfart on the Civil War being the war everyone was talking about for the first couple issues :o). I started reading him with a southern drawl and everything clicked. Not to mention, what a friggin' name: General Oliander Bedford Hume, the orneriest sumb**** you ever did meet.

Oh, and I read all the narration boxes in Sam Elliott's voice. I don't know why, it just sort of happened, but I can't even think of them without his voice now. :D

Yeah - Ive been enjoying this too! And yes the Damned was excellent too complete nightmare to collect it in the UK though! Think the Damned was only two minis right?

Yeah, The Damned and The Damned: Prodigal Sons. It's been a while since I read the latter, but I believe Bunn ended it on a cliffhanger. I hope we get more Damned eventually.

Yeah - I hope so. It seemed the story was starting to pick up pace. If it had only been the original mini that would have been fine but Prodical sons left me wanting more. Well at least the same team is on Sixth Gun so hopefully...

The Sixth Gun has been great. I got caught up to the most recent issue. I love that they switched gears from the Wild West theme of the first story to a creepy New Orleans voodoo theme in the current one. I'm looking forward to more of Sinclair's encounters with the Loa. They seem like fun antagonists.

Wouldn't it be fun if there was some sort of cross-over? could see that in the future... The thing that concerns me is the sales their under 10k I think.

Eh, The Sixth Gun is from Oni, isn't it? Oni doesn't have very high sales expectations in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"