Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

Great. I love getting things confirmed, even if they’re expected. We’ve had near cert things as well as announced projects pulled before so I like all the certainty I can get. Lot of fun ahead with this show then. :cool:

Finally, an official release date for Season 2 which is what I'm the most excited about, because I honestly had no worries about this show getting renewed even if it did take them a while to confirm it.

I mean its one of their best shows out right now and I wouldn't be surprised if this and Superman & Lois are the only two DC/CW shows worth a crap over the next couple of years seeing how Black Lightning is ending and how The Flash is consistantly getting worse each season.

Hopefully, they are able to maintain the great quality of both shows though.

Finally, an official release date for Season 2 which is what I'm the most excited about, because I honestly had no worries about this show getting renewed even if it did take them a while to confirm it.

I mean its one of their best shows out right now and I wouldn't be surprised if this and Superman & Lois are the only two DC/CW shows worth a crap over the next couple of years seeing how Black Lightning is ending and how The Flash is consistantly getting worse each season.

Hopefully, they are able to maintain the great quality of both shows though.
I didn’t realise Black Lightning was ending. Need to catch up on that. Also don’t think Superman and Lois has been released here yet. :csad: Yeah, I’d hope this show sticks around for a good while and it feels like they are still getting started and setting things up so hopefully there would be no reason for a decline any time soon.

I didn’t realise Black Lightning was ending. Need to catch up on that. Also don’t think Superman and Lois has been released here yet. :csad: Yeah, I’d hope this show sticks around for a good while and it feels like they are still getting started and setting things up so hopefully there would be no reason for a decline any time soon.

I found it so boring I never made it past episode 2 of this final season. Even last season was a real struggle and I skipped a bunch of episodes.

I'm glad we're getting a premiere date for Stargirl and also that it was renewed for season 3.

Kristina Baskett, Meg Delacy & Brec Bassinger
193103590_354110959464927_2521902456321182745_n.jpg

Will the real Stargirl please stand up?

is it weird that I think the stunt suit looks better

I wonder if Obsidian shows up at some point.

Still looks to have the same general feel so thats great.

Stargirl showrunner talks villain Eclipso and bringing in new heroes for season 2 | GamesRadar+

This year's big bad is Eclipso. An evil being known for possessing individuals that come into contact with shards of his black diamond, Eclipso represents corruption, hatred and vengeance. But his true gift lies in exploiting people's weaknesses and deep-seated pain.

"Eclipso is pretty formidable and all about darkness, which is great to go up against somebody who is all about light, like Courtney and the Justice Society," Johns explains. "There's these colliding ideologies and powers and drives that really help generate strong emotional stories, that challenge each of our characters individually. They each go through something that is really personal to them. That's what Eclipso does best. He makes things very personal. He turns over rocks that you might not want him to turn over."

It's not all bad news. Courtney and the Justice Society will bump into some potential new allies... even if they start off on the wrong foot. There's Jade, the daughter of Green Lantern Alan Scott, speedster Jay Garrick, and the magical pink imp, Thunderbolt.

"Season two gives us a chance to deal with the other two artefacts that Courtney stole: Alan Scott's lantern and Johnny Thunder's pink pen," explains Johns. "Those two elements play into the story pretty early on. And where Jade is, her brother Obsidian surely can't be far behind...

"We haven't seen a character wield the power of Green Lantern for a long, long time on TV. And the Thunderbolt has never been on the screen before in live-action. That was also a great challenge."

Matt's Inside Line: Get Scoop on Titans, Animal Kingdom, New Amsterdam, The Resident, Barry, Good Trouble and More

Where Green Lantern Alan Scott’s daughter Jade goes, her brother Obsidian isn’t too far behind. Will he be making an appearance on Stargirl as well? –Steve
The whereabouts of Jenny née Jade’s brother does reveal itself to be a hot topic in one of Season 2’s early episodes.

My question about Stargirl Season 2 is: Will we see a possible romance within the group, like Courtney and Rick or Beth and Rick? –Faith

Having binged a buncha episodes of the new season (premiering Tuesday, Aug. 10 on The CW), I can confirm that one of the pairings you suggest do have a bit of an intimate-ish heart-to-heart at one point….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"