The state of childrens programing

sp1derg1rl said:
spongebob is the biggest pile of crap on the planet
Clearly, you haven't seen Yakity Yak or My Gym Partner's A Monkey.

sp1derg1rl said:
spongebob is the biggest pile of crap on the planet
I agree.

And there's nothing wrong with watching cartoons, it's just annoying to see adults complain about cartoons that are usually geared toward kids in the first place. Also, saying that cartoons in the say 80s were better is not always true, it's usually just your nostalgia clouding your judgement. I mean, if you've seen half of the shows back then now they probably wouldn't seem so great...at least
that seems to be what i've noticed with myself.

Hades said:
I agree.

And there's nothing wrong with watching cartoons, it's just annoying to see adults complain about cartoons that are usually geared toward kids in the first place. Also, saying that cartoons in the say 80s were better is not always true, it's usually just your nostalgia clouding your judgement. I mean, if you've seen half of the shows back then now they probably wouldn't seem so great...at least
that seems to be what i've noticed with myself.

Definetly agree, while nostalgia kicks in with cartoons like GI JOE and Thundercats there pretty hard to watch now, but i still love Batman and Superman TAS and some others even tho those are from the 90's

ReTrO JuNkIe 42 said:
Definetly agree, while nostalgia kicks in with cartoons like GI JOE and Thundercats there pretty hard to watch now,
not for me

I believe in my heart that the cartoon network and Disney channel ruined cartoons. When I was a kid I couldn't wait to get home to watch them with a snack. It was a part of life, everyday from 3:30 to 5:00 watch cartoons then do homework, shower, watch a little more T.V. then bedtime. There aren't even anymore cartoons on regular t.v.. What about that poor kid who's parents can't afford cable? To much of a good thing is not always good, i'm not feeling nostalgia, just reality.

Hades said:
Why are you people still watching cartoons...
After a stressful 8 or 10 hours of work, striving to be perfect in a high-pressure world of heartless bastards, cartoons are a soothing balm.

Bravo Wilhem, also cartoons are also a way to escape back to a time when life was so much simpler. Biggest worries were report cards and checking to see if anyone put a check next to your name for cutest boy/prettiest girl. Oh to be a kid again.

I wish I could watch kids cartoons, but I cant & don't. Haven't watched Saturday morning cartoons in years.

Family Guy, American Dad & Southpark aren't really kids stuff.

The only traditional one watch that I still watch is Justice League.

Other than that my cartoon days are pretty much over.

I mean people can bash the 80's cartoons (mostly people who weren't alive to watch them)

But it was a really golden age to be a kid.

Cartoons on all three major networks. The 3:00pm to 5:00pm cartoon fix.

What do kids have today?

I looked at my cable guide & saw were court shows & Dr. Phil.

Kids don't understand how badly they're getting jobbed.

Still I gotta accept the stuff I like is gone & wont be coming back.

Or of it does it comes back lame (Transformers Armada).

But I had my day & know the stuff today is really really lame.

Have you guys actually taken a look at newer cartoons? There is some really cool stuff out there. Including the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the new He-Man. TMNT kicks so much ass now. Shredder is such a mean mother ****er. He wasn't that mean in the old cartoon, I tell ya.

What else is there... um...

I don't know :(

I say we start a 80's cartoon channel. Sure they have some stuff on DVD but I miss the weird old stuff, Galaxy High, Visionaries, M.A.S.K., Jaycee and the Wheeled Warriors, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Captain N, Thundercats, Tigersharks, and Silverhawks! all 80's toon all the time!

Mister Gone said:
I say we start a 80's cartoon channel. Sure they have some stuff on DVD but I miss the weird old stuff, Galaxy High, Visionaries, M.A.S.K., Jaycee and the Wheeled Warriors, Mysterious Cities of Gold, Captain N, Thundercats, Tigersharks, and Silverhawks! all 80's toon all the time!

I'd rather have a quality cartoon channel from all the years.

I'd rather have 300 posts so I can make my own av.............HELL YEAH WOOT!

Mister Gone said:

I am definately a product of the 80's, but I don't recall this Captain N and this is like the fourth time i've heard this? Please somebody help me!!

SuperDude said:
Honestly, I think it's a plot to destroy America. Hear me out:

In the olden days kids watched cartoons like G.I. Joes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spider-Man, and He-Man. These cartoons all expound upon ideals of personal responsibility, rugged toughness and powerful masculinity (i.e. He-Man). And who remembers Mutant League?

Now, kids watch shows like Pokemon, a cartoon featuring a boy who is quite possibly the sissiest protagonist next to Harry Potter. Cartoons are all flash and jumping up and down and corny creatures fighting each other with little to no lesson to them and where actual conflict is avoided almost entirely. In other countries, however, kids are being shown all sorts of crap that is on the complete opposite end of the scale. Generations from now, America will be populated with overtly p.c. nancy boys while the rest of the world is filled with deangerous, decencitized, killing mahcines.

The United States will be eaten alive and then the rest of the free world will fall. As they overun us and capture our facilities, these crazed killers will get their hands on advanced technology with world destroying capabilities. Their brains won't have the ability to cogitate upon the compounding responsibilities that come from such power and if someone actually brings up M.A.D. the only thing they will hear is AD. Weapons will be used, a war will rage and the Earth, nay, the entire universe will be destroyed! So now, I ask, I beg, I demand you write your congressman immediately and petition to restore Saturday mornings from an opportunity for extra sleep to their days of yore glory!

Um, so these other countries will destroy us with their brutish and naive masculinity? Which countries, the same ones producing a lot of the programming you're talking about?

It isn't like WWII anymore, as the years go by one needs less and less brute strength and toughness and more intelligence and technology. Our war machine is the most advanced in the world, and we are not the largest in terms of footsoldiers. We have the most weapons and technology, that's what it truely comes down to.

Meanwhile, these T.V. shows are attempting to teach our children a world where love and acceptance is the better path anyway. It goes along with what you are saying, actual conflict is often avoided, the characters find other ways through the situations. The shows have underlying themes of peace, tenderness, loving, and often sexual openness that could quite possibly help the world out considerably. Even if not, it's bettery to try. It's better to bring people up in a world where one can realize it's not that hard to understand one another. As the world globalizes, education and media moves along with it and understanding is created where it hasn't been before.

I honestly don't understand why you insist the populace has become too "p.c." like it's a bad thing. Freedom of speech is important, one doesn't have to be sheltered from non p.c. communication, and one doesn't have to take it all seriously. We can all learn to understand each other without needing censorship in the form of rampant p.c. watching, but p.c. or not we truly need to respect each other deep down at the same time, while recognizing our differences and not giving up our individuality.

AllThingsComic said:
I am definately a product of the 80's, but I don't recall this Captain N and this is like the fourth time i've heard this? Please somebody help me!!

He was the ultimate Nintendo player and got sucked into a Nintendo.

He fought Mother Brain the bad guy from Metroid.

kainedamo said:
Have you guys actually taken a look at newer cartoons? There is some really cool stuff out there. Including the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the new He-Man.
The new He-Man (well, not that crappy New He-Man cartoon from the 90s, but that recent one Cartoon Network used to air) was cancelled. It's a shame, too, because I really liked it. But one day, they took it off of Toonami and placed it on Saturday Video Entertainment System (which would later become the current Saturday night Toonami, but no one was watching it when it was called SVES), where it died during the Snake Men saga. Now they're rerunning it on Boomerang, along with their other wrongfully cancelled shows (Duck Dodgers, and now the first 2 seasons of Justice League).

The cartoon network ones suck ass.I miss Dexters Lab.:(

Manic said:
The new He-Man (well, not that crappy New He-Man cartoon from the 90s, but that recent one Cartoon Network used to air) was cancelled. It's a shame, too, because I really liked it. But one day, they took it off of Toonami and placed it on Saturday Video Entertainment System (which would later become the current Saturday night Toonami, but no one was watching it when it was called SVES), where it died during the Snake Men saga. Now they're rerunning it on Boomerang, along with their other wrongfully cancelled shows (Duck Dodgers, and now the first 2 seasons of Justice League).

According to the producer, Fisto was Teela's father and that mystery soldier that the Sorceress loved. That was one of the storylines that was supposed to happen in the third season.

Mister Gone said:
The Mysterious Cities Of Gold was one of my favorite shows back in 87

War Lord said:
According to the producer, Fisto was Teela's father and that mystery soldier that the Sorceress loved. That was one of the storylines that was supposed to happen in the third season.
am I the only one who thinks "Fisto" is a pretty funny name?

PLAS said:
am I the only one who thinks "Fisto" is a pretty funny name?

I was thinking the same exact thing as soon as I read it!! Also, wasn't Man-At-Arms Teela's father?

AllThingsComic said:
I was thinking the same exact thing as soon as I read it!! Also, wasn't Man-At-Arms Teela's father?
I guess Fisto ate the cake first

AllThingsComic said:
her father by adoption if memory serves

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"