The Stately Wayne Manor and Wayne Tower Thread

Boom

I got nothin'
Reaction score
You guys know the drill. Where should Bruce call home in this movie? Post pictures of estates you'd like to see serve as Wayne Manor in Reeves' film/s.

I definitely want want Wayne Manor in these movies.
No burning it down or abandoning it please.

I want this too
bd7e8ef93240bd03f1a41a73a3eee5a2.jpg

Waddesdon Manor is the one

All of those look too old and European frankly. I would prefer something that looks more American and late-19th, early 20th century. My dream Wayne Manor for this is Henry Ford's Fair Lane Estate.

It just screams American old money, industrial titan, in a very special way early 20th century way:
800px-HenryFordEstateSWSide.jpg

Fair_Lane_Estate_-_Dearborn_Michigan.jpg

Fair_Lane_from_across_river.jpg

It even has its own Batcave, the Burroughs Grotto:
HenryFordEstateBurroughsGrotto.jpg

Also the interior has a lot of Gothic touches. The more, modern Frank Lloyd Wright touches evoke the golden age of American industry, as well as the Dark Deco style of BTAS.

Also, the more natural grounds of the Fair Lane Estate have the right secluded, reclusive sort of atmosphere for Wayne Manor. The English manor houses are great architecturally, but the heavily manicured grounds and gardens are not right to me personally.

All of those look too old and European frankly. I would prefer something that looks more American and late-19th, early 20th century. My dream Wayne Manor for this is Henry Ford's Fair Lane Estate.

It just screams American old money, industrial titan, in a very special way early 20th century way:

Also the interior has a lot of Gothic touches. The more, modern Frank Lloyd Wright touches evoke the golden age of American industry, as well as the Dark Deco style of BTAS.

Also, the more natural grounds of the Fair Lane Estate have the right secluded, reclusive sort of atmosphere for Wayne Manor. The English manor houses are great architecturally, but the heavily manicured grounds and gardens are not right to me personally.
Perfect.

Have you posted this somewhere else? I’m getting a serious case of deja vu.

My thing with Fair Lane State is that as far as it seems they've never shot anything there, so idk if the owners would even allow it. But if you're going for a more reclusive manor it'd be a nice place though.

Also, I kinda prefer the idea of the super luxurious manor. I like the idea of Bruce's family being super rich and powerful since the 17th century and a manor like the one that's more traditionally depicted perfectly shows that history.

I also like the idea of Bruce living in this super gigantic place even though he and Alfred are the only ones living there. It shows Bruce not willing to let go of his past.

And the idea of the manor being this place so luxurious that he can just throw big events inviting all the Gotham socialites and they are all guaranteed to come and kiss his feet. Of course everyone is going to kiss the feet of the guy that's pretty much quasi royalty and has a manor that luxurious with that amount of history.

I'd not mind a reinvention though, I just prefer the original take.

Are there any other manors like Fair Lane that have been used as filming locations?

I went to Culinary School at Henry Ford college and the pastry chef at the college told me that when he worked at the Ford Estate that it is allegedly haunted by one of Henry Ford's butlers. Also he told me that they found a large stash of shoes hidden in the estate.

My thing with Fair Lane State is that as far as it seems they've never shot anything there, so idk if the owners would even allow it. But if you're going for a more reclusive manor it'd be a nice place though.
The estate is just a museum now. So I think it would be possible to shoot there.

Also, I kinda prefer the idea of the super luxurious manor. I like the idea of Bruce's family being super rich and powerful since the 17th century and a manor like the one that's more traditionally depicted perfectly shows that history.

I also like the idea of Bruce living in this super gigantic place even though he and Alfred are the only ones living there. It shows Bruce not willing to let go of his past.

And the idea of the manor being this place so luxurious that he can just throw big events inviting all the Gotham socialites and they are all guaranteed to come and kiss his feet. Of course everyone is going to kiss the feet of the guy that's pretty much quasi royalty and has a manor that luxurious with that amount of history.

I'd not mind a reinvention though, I just prefer the original take.

Are there any other manors like Fair Lane that have been used as filming locations?

As Guts mentioned, Fair Lane is now a museum, so it is probably easier to film there than most privately-owned mansions.

Second, it is very large and its on par with previous Wayne Manors in size. It's 31,000 square feet with 56 rooms. I think it still has the scale you are looking for and fits with the original take for Wayne Manor. Also, because of its more modern construction, it has massive, tall windows like BTAS, Tim Sale, and Miller's DKR and Year One were fond of depicting Wayne Manor as having. They lend themselves to wonderful, moody cinematic night scenes. The windows on a lot of the older mansions and manor houses are not as grand and cinematic.

I want to see this version of Wayne Manor finally brought to life:
65716ede74580268e6ec73cfeb5f5b00.jpg

Also, it has a river and waterfall:
across-the-river-Karen-L.jpg

Since Reeves seems to be going hardcore with the Gothic architecture by using London and Glasgow for Gotham, I thought we should re-evaluate the options for Wayne Manor. If they are going for such a Gothic look, I'm changing my vote to Ashford Castle in Ireland as our new Wayne Manor:
image.jpg

38110872564_c52ca4c9d0_b.jpg

It's wonderfully over the top and moody and the aerial views are great:
ashford-castle-cottage-01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back