The Super Hero Bowl: Marvel Vs. DC

Xavier as HC would win the game for sure, I mean, he'd read the other guy's mind and be able to tell the QB what to do without a headset. Communication problems solved

But yeah, Spidey as a QB would be better me thinks

much as I love Spidey, his leadership skills are questionable....that's why Thor makes a good choice

Luke Cage as DB would just be...unfair.
Iron Man and War Machine coming off the two ends.

If anybody survives til halftime, they got Dazzler...who's in the mood for '80's synthesizerpop? :csad:

DC wins. I mean, who can stop Superman?

I say, Batman as Offensive Coordinator, Flash at RB, Plastic Man WR...there is no way DC loses. Dr. Doom can make all the blitz packages he wants, there is no defense for Superman at QB. Plus, I am sure Batman's offensive attack would give Dr. Doom some trouble.

The only choice for QB for Marvel is Cap. He inspires those around him better than anyone, and is an expert field general. Plus, he has made a living throwing something.

I say, Batman as Offensive Coordinator

Nobody. He can be the whole offense.

I got Bruce as the kicker, he'd be a pain as a coach..Barbara Gordon as OC

Bruce would be a pain as coach, but no one can outplan him with prep time :o

Songbird sings the National Anthem, Two-Face does the opening coin toss, Phil Grayfield is lead official. Who's with me?

Oh, there's a poll now, because this kind of thing needs a poll.
Two-Face does the opening toss, sees the coin and shoots Superman in the head.

...Who then turns around and heat-visions Two-Face into a pile of dust, which gets "Dust-Busted" off of the field by Plastic Man.

OK.... slightly out of character for Supes, I'll admit...

How is Marvel winning this poll? DC HAS SUPERMAN!!!

You can't stop Superman. I don't even think he could be contained in a football game! He has the strength of the strongest Marvel player, and the speed of the fastest player. Make him QB, and he will just, kill you.

I say, Batman as Offensive Coordinator, Flash at RB, Plastic Man WR...there is no way DC loses. Dr. Doom can make all the blitz packages he wants, there is no defense for Superman at QB. Plus, I am sure Batman's offensive attack would give Dr. Doom some trouble.
You put Spidey and Venom in the secondary it takes the pass out of the equation...

Marvel has some guys there who could tackle Supes.

Guys don't have to BEAT him in a fight, they just have to be able to tackle him... or their running backs.

If you have Plastic Man as a WR, the pass is very much alive. That is a 1-2 combo you can't stop. Superman can't overthrow him, so just throw where Spidey can't go. Doesn't matter if he knows it is coming.

Plus, Supes has super speed. Not only is he hard to tackle, but he can zip through people with ease.

Thor can move as fast as lightning if they have to put him on defence, and I certainly wouldn't say he can't tackle Supes...

Spidey and Venom are interceptions waiting to happen. I can't see DC having ANY success with the passing game.

Easy, just throw the ball where they can't get it. Someone like Plastic Man or Flash can't possibly be overthrown, but Spidey and Venom CAN be.

They'll web the ball out of the air... I don't know that they can be overthrown either...

It always surprises me these DC Vs Marvel things. It would be a fairer fight if it were Superman Vs Marvel. There's just no comparison. Throw in Majestic, Captain Marvel and a couple of the speedsters and it's not even a contest.

They'll web the ball out of the air... I don't know that they can be overthrown either...

Do you have ANY idea how much arc Superman can put on a football? They can be overthrown EASY!

It depends on what's allowable in terms of defending passes.

• Can Lizard use his tail to swat passes out of the air?
  • Can Gobby lob pumpkin bombs and destroy the footballs?
  • Similar to the issue with Lizard's tail, can Venom use his tongue?
  • Can Sabertooth use his incredible BO to overwhelm receivers?
We need ground rules.

Regardless, I can see some wicked flanker screens between Superman and Flash. Maybe a few end arounds, even a flea flicker.

Last edited:
I would say passive abilities only, things like strength and speed are allowed...no pumpkin bombs or heat vision

That would make it incredibly boring.

How big do you think the field would be?

Yes. Superman is awesome. But what are his two weaknesses again?

Ok... nobody is bringing Kryptonite but don't forget who the Defensive Coordinator is... that's right.... Dr. Doom. Sorcerer.

:D

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Doom will just launch the whole stadium into orbit. That's his thing.

I'd play Juggernaut at Fullback as well... just seems like the natural position for him to me, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"