The Thunderbolts* News and Discussion Thread

I'm not buying the rumor at all considering the source, but Dev Patel would've been a cool choice.

now reports are saying even Austin Abrams passed on the role, too
(assuming there was even anything too these rumors in the first place of him being given the offer and now passing on it) or anyone else rumored

no matter how you felt about any of these actors as a possibility in the role...

it is not a good look if multi people are saying no too it, either

maybe it's as simple as scheduling conflicts/ contract negotiation break downs/ not getting paid enough...

but, if it's an issue with the way the character is writen or how they want to portray him

it might be time to re-tool that script (if they want to land a decent actor in the role)

now reports are saying even Austin Abrams passed on the role, too
(assuming there was even anything too these rumors in the first place of him being given the offer and now passing on it) or anyone else rumored

no matter how you felt about any of these actors as a possibility in the role...

it is not a good look if multi people are saying no too it, either

maybe it's as simple as scheduling conflicts/ contract negotiation break downs/ not getting paid enough...

but, if it's an issue with the way the character is writen or how they want to portray him

it might be time to re-tool that script (if they want to land a decent actor in the role)
Yeah I doubt that dude was seriously considered, let alone turned it down
The rumor mill just has to keep churning the "Marvel in Trouble" stories

idk that one is almost too random to be made up

Is it still a good move for Marvel Studios to be releasing a Thunderbolts movie in July 2025, which is now neXt year?

I feel like after The Marvels, they are in an odd situation in which they have to reassess things, if they want to be making movies (under their established continuity) for another decade. They don't need another flop. Once you lose the interest of the public, it could take years to rebuild the interest. See what happened with DCEU? We don't want that with the MCU. We never know if one day, some Disney eXecutive suddenly stepped in and decided Kevin Feige is no longer suitable for his job and that there should be a a Marvel reboot in the movies (like what WBD is doing).

just came to post about that rumor...
(guess you beat me too it)

seems like a more reasonable pick then some of the other rumored names

hopefully they'll be able to make the deal and move forward with the project already

Last edited:
I've only seen this dude in The Walking Dead and This Is Us and I was annoyed by him in both lol. Not to say he isn't a good choice though, I just haven't seen much of him.
Oh right, that’s not a great sign. :D :csad:

Talent dropping out like flies to likely do “smaller” stuff. Good for them.

Yea there were already reports from Sneider a few weeks back that she was possibly going to drop out to due scheudling issues with The Bear. So while I'm surprised, still disapointed, though from reports it didn't seem like she was going to have that big of a role in it anyway. Regardless Geraldine Viswanathan is a good replacement. Haven't seen her in much but I've liked her in everything I've seen.

between him and Wyatt Russell , we got a real legacy cast going on

Well its definitely the better release date than July (which is usually jam packed with other blockbusters).

However, I am still not sure if the public interest for MCU films neXt year is going to be better — Captain America Legacy character, Thunderbolts, another Fantastic 4 reboot (and Blade, if it somehow makes it to that November date). I would be very cautious if I were Disney with that slate (especially if they aren't very good as well). I wouldn't be surprised now if there's a 2nd/3rd MCU film that fails to hit the $100 million mark in North America.

This one is going to be very interesting. I like most of the characters individually and I've liked a lot of misfit/C list/anti hero/supporting character team ups in the last few years but I'm also sort of surprised this just didn't get cancelled. At least expectations for it are going to be very low so hopefully it can surprise and be at least a fun movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"