The Wachowskis and J. Michael Straczynski developing 'Sense8'

jfpb2cU.jpg

dWe99ZN.jpg

lBb0jBu.jpg

The first season is up on Netflix now. I've been looking for a new show to watch on Netflix after my Sons of Anarchy binge.

I might give this a try, trailer looks good and I keep reading about it on Facebook.

I've been curious about this but the reviews haven't been too kind. They;re saying its veeery slow and the characters are not very interesting and it takes too much time to get going. Idk, I'll wait to hear what you guys say. :oldrazz:

I've been curious about this but the reviews haven't been too kind. They;re saying its veeery slow and the characters are not very interesting and it takes too much time to get going. Idk, I'll wait to hear what you guys say. :oldrazz:

So you want us to suffer thought it first?:argh: I'll be watching the first 3 episodes tonight and will let you know how it is.:sly:

Way to take one for the team, TeeKay. :D

Bloody bad place the pilot was an hour long lol look I have no idea what I was going on. They crammed in way too much into this pilot with trying to estaished all the charcaters. There was lack of focus, confusing storyline. I mean okay, premise is simple. Somehow this lady who sees things that other people can't ( she was on drug in the first scene, I'm not hot gen sure if it was the drugs that were causing her to hallucinate and see things or it was her super powers or whatever )kills herself and then suddenly all these people from around the world Are linked to each other without any explanation whatsoever.

Literally, some scenes felt like that scene from AoU where Wanda warps Thor's mind and he walks into his vision In a different location. That happened to two characters in this film. I get the idea of what this is suppose to be but its way too slow placed and the buildup to the final moments of the pilot came out of nowhere and was more like wtf is going on? That's what the whole pilot felt like. It jumped from flashbacks to hallucinations to present day to different locations, characters ugh it was a mess. Way too much **** going on. Now I haven't watched the second episode and I'm already losing interest fast.

The characters are just I dunno cliche, there's an African kid who has a dying mother who he's struggling to take care of her, a lesbian couple, a Mexican actor, a cop who has a good heart and deals with gangs in black neighborhoods. A kid trying to live his fathers legacy and an aspiring DJ girl. Oh and a Korean girl whos a victim of sexism in her workplace but she's good at martial arts.:whatever:. All these characters have some sort of personal struggle going on. Granted thats all well and good. In fact a good link but why were they given this sense or whatever it is?

Long story short, pilot is a mess, slow paced, confusing, weird editing and there's lack of focus and a coherent story here. Cool ideas but it just didn't mesh well IMO. I get pilots set up future episodes but they should also set up the status quo of the season and go from there. This failed at that. This is for binge watching. Had this been on television, 2nd episode would lose 3/4 of the viewers from the pilot. I'm not hooked but its a 5.5/10 for me.

Last edited:
Thank god it's not on TV.

I agree that it's kinda confusing. (It is, but it also isn't.) I'm liking it. Episode 4 hooked me.

How did u make it all the way to episode 4? I was exhausted by just watching the pilot. My brain is fried.smh.

Bloody bad place the pilot was an hour long lol look I have no idea what I was going on. They crammed in way too much into this pilot with trying to estaished all the charcaters. There was lack of focus, confusing storyline. I mean okay, premise is simple. Somehow this lady who sees things that other people can't ( she was on drug in the first scene, I'm not hot gen sure if it was the drugs that were causing her to hallucinate and see things or it was her super powers or whatever )kills herself and then suddenly all these people from around the world Are linked to each other without any explanation whatsoever.

Literally, some scenes felt like that scene from AoU where Wanda warps Thor's mind and he walks into his vision In a different location. That happened to two characters in this film. I get the idea of what this is suppose to be but its way too slow placed and the buildup to the final moments of the pilot came out of nowhere and was more like wtf is going on? That's what the whole pilot felt like. It jumped from flashbacks to hallucinations to present day to different locations, characters ugh it was a mess. Way too much **** going on. Now I haven't watched the second episode and I'm already losing interest fast.

The characters are just I dunno cliche, there's an African kid who has a dying mother who he's struggling to take care of her, a lesbian couple, a Mexican actor, a cop who has a good heart and deals with gangs in black neighborhoods. A kid trying to live his fathers legacy and an aspiring DJ girl. Oh and a Korean girl whos a victim of sexism in her workplace but she's good at martial arts.:whatever:. All these characters have some sort of personal struggle going on. Granted thats all well and good. In fact a good link but why were they given this sense or whatever it is?

Long story short, pilot is a mess, slow paced, confusing, weird editing and there's lack of focus and a coherent story here. Cool ideas but it just didn't mesh well IMO. I get pilots set up future episodes but they should also set up the status quo of the season and go from there. This failed at that. This is for binge watching. Had this been on television, 2nd episode would lose 3/4 of the viewers from the pilot. I'm not hooked but its a 5.5/10 for me.

With all due respect this post/review is ridiculous, I haven't watched the show yet and definitely plan to but how can you rate anything based on one episode. Not to mention with the way Netflix works the show could have been made with the notion that viewers would binge it. The show could be terrible but won't you need to watch it in its entirety to determine that? Or later episodes could aid in making episode 1 all the better, like certain confusing plot points answered in later episodes.

Bloody bad place the pilot was an hour long . . .

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, TK --- you probably saved me from spending some joyless time watching this.

Your review pretty much echoed exactly what our newspaper TV critic had to say about it yesterday.

I, for one, appreciate reading your opinion!

I found the pilot pretty interesting…I dug it. Yeah, it was a little slow at times but with this amount of characters all interconnected they had to introduce them and show where they're at. I'll definitely be binge watching it as soon as I get a chance, looking forward to where this is all going and who or what Hannah, Andrews and Mann are.
I don't really get all the confusion over it, it seemed pretty straightforward as to what was happening, we didn't get the how or why of it but I thought the fact the Hannah was passing on something to these 8 people was pretty clear.

I've watched the first 4 episodes while I'm at work, it isn't MIND BLOWING GOOD, but it is decent enough. I just hope the mystery pays off by end of season.

But they made sure to cover all their basis when it comes to characters. Gay/lesbian/trans/black/white/Asain/Muslim. Most definitely the most diverse show out there.

I'll keep watching the show because of the premise and the diversity. But based on the pilot the acting and writing on this show are bad. If it doesn't get better the good intentions of the show won't be enough to keep me watching.

As far as everyone speaking English, it seems like they are speaking their native tongue but we hear them in English since when 2 characters meet, they speak suddenly in their original language. Actually smart to do imo.

With all due respect this post/review is ridiculous, I haven't watched the show yet and definitely plan to but how can you rate anything based on one episode. Not to mention with the way Netflix works the show could have been made with the notion that viewers would binge it. The show could be terrible but won't you need to watch it in its entirety to determine that? Or later episodes could aid in making episode 1 all the better, like certain confusing plot points answered in later episodes.

I was rating the pilot. Is there anything wrong with that?:huh: And you can't call my review ridiculous when you haven't even watched the pilot here. Some folks here were unsure of watching the show and I said I'd watch the first three episodes and give them my thoughts. Three episodes in and my thoughts haven't really changed. Watch the pilot first then we can have a proper discussion.

7 episodes in and I'm enjoying it. Not the best thing ever. Yet I understand everything going on. Seems some people just can't follow a basic story.

One thing this show is good at are the nude/sex scenes, they are all kinds of hot. HBO/Showtime need to take notes

Just finished binge watching this on Netflix... I... Have to respectfully disagree with some of the comments in here. Yes, it's slow and yes, it takes a couple of episode's to get going... But when it does, it's really good and there are some sequences that are mind boggling with the sheer logistics of how they were filmed. Visually it's brilliant in places.

Yeah, there are a fair few clichés (but when has anyone watched a show lately that hasn't been full of them?), and it does get a little graphic at points.. Most of the characters are much more complex than the pilot shows them as being as well. I didn't have any issue with the cast either.

IMHO, don't judge the show by the pilot. It's not a 12 episode TV show, but a 12-part movie... Or at least that's how it felt to me once I finished watching the season. Definitely hoping there's a second season TBH.

One thing this show is good at are the nude/sex scenes, they are all kinds of hot. HBO/Showtime need to take notes

Wow, that's saying a lot cause HBO is like the king of nude/ sex scenes in their shows.

Yeah cause they just throw it out there just because.

So, I just finished watching the pilot and...I didn't think it was bad. Not great but not bad either. The characters seem likeable and I really dig the overall premise of how these characters can "feel" each other and how what one person does affects another. I'm interested; it's slow but as long as the characters remain likeable and relatable and their individual stories remain interesting and have payoff I could see myself enjoying this.

The finale was a bit of a letdown for me. Though hopefully this gets a 2nd season since there are a lot of questions needing to be answered.

I feel so sorry for Rajan Rasal, he seems like a really great guy, and his fiancee doesn't love him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"