The way LOST is now....

chosen1

Sidekick
Reaction score
I have a question the way lost is now do you think it wouldve survived. I remeber when lost was a hit season 1 Everyone including the cast mates were like yes it has been a total shock the success were getting. Now the way lost is currently if it had aired this way do you think it wouldve gotten cancelled. In my opinion DayBreak is better than the way lost is currently.
Now I want the die hard fans that are so devoted to this show to vote true use all logic.

:huh: Seriously what happened to this show!

What "happened" is some viewers are so caught up in wanting to find out all the answers ASAP, that they don't allow themselves to enjoy the slow unravelling of answers through the incredible storytelling that's going on all the time.

People have convinced themselves that "nothing ever happens" on the show that they don't realize how much it's constantly evolving.

I know I can't speak for anyone else, but I LOVE the fact that every little answer opens up a whole new set of questions. And then the answers to THOSE questions open up more, etc etc.

So basically, people have gotten so caught up in thinking that the show's supposed to be revolutionary every episode, that the show could never satisfy them no matter what they did.

I've never lost interest in the show, never thought it was dropping in quality, and have never been disappointed with it.

I'm not impatient, I enjoy the mystery of the show and get a little thrill everytime something is relvealed to us.

I don't sit on my butt and complain senselessly about the questions not being answered fast enough, or moan and groan about the new mysteries the show gives us.

It's been like that since the first episode, that's the way the show is...I wish people would pay attention and quit crying!

I love it to death, have since the first episode.

Yes it would have been cancelled if it started at a low point like this season has become.
I think the writers have seen that they have a problem on their hands, and that's why we had this HUGE hiatus.
Hopefully that IS why.
They are already talking about the end, so there's no point in cancelling it if it already has a predetermined end date.

Yes it would have been cancelled if it started at a low point like this season has become.
I think the writers have seen that they have a problem on their hands, and that's why we had this HUGE hiatus.
Hopefully that IS why.
They are already talking about the end, so there's no point in cancelling it if it already has a predetermined end date.

The huge hiatus isn't because the producers/writers were having problems with the story, it's because ABC wanted to avoid reruns during the spring. However, ABC also wanted the ad revenue the show brings in during the time most shows premiere. It's greedy execs mixed with the schedule 24 uses, which is very fan friendly for shows like this.

I actually liked the first six episodes we got this season and enjoyed the second season a lot. I feel too many people are so impatient to have every question answered that unless that happens they don't feel the series is progressing at all. However, I've found a lot of progression in the series. Would the show have lasted if it started like this, probably not, because we wouldn't have the previous two seasons information and development which is needed to get to the point we're at now in the series.

^^^I agree with everything he says.^^^

And yeah, the huge hiatus is a direct reaction to those fans who were too impatient to wait a week or two between each episode last year. The execs are in a damned-if-you-do--damned-if-you-don't situation.

Horrible show now.
First season was outstanding, Second blew and I dont even watch the third now!

Its gone way off the boil i think.

With shows like 24 and Prison break you are working toward something and get answers along the way, but with lost it seems to be working toward nothing but more questions and more hatches, like have any of the main questions been asked on lost? nope not one. and its been on for 2 years!

i think people are becoming less patient and want answers

The reason Lost was so great in my opinion is that it was groundbreaking and inspired and new. It's lost its touch a little but mostly people just got used to it and of course it's not 'new' anymore so the new factor is lost. This week's episode was nice in that way because they used the flashbacks in a new way.

[Tool]Yeah Lost sucks. It isn't going anywhere. Theres no story. I am going to watch Heroes instead.[/Tool]

What "happened" is some viewers are so caught up in wanting to find out all the answers ASAP, that they don't allow themselves to enjoy the slow unravelling of answers through the incredible storytelling that's going on all the time.

People have convinced themselves that "nothing ever happens" on the show that they don't realize how much it's constantly evolving.

I know I can't speak for anyone else, but I LOVE the fact that every little answer opens up a whole new set of questions. And then the answers to THOSE questions open up more, etc etc.

So basically, people have gotten so caught up in thinking that the show's supposed to be revolutionary every episode, that the show could never satisfy them no matter what they did.

ditto :up:

Maybe season 2, but I think it is on the up and up now. It just is moving at a DBZ pace (you know what I"m talking about). It should be moving a little faster as really not much at all has happened this season and we're over halfway thorugh but the developments of character have been VERY satisfying.

I think this season is a set-up for big unravelings next season is all, which is fine by me. I hated season 2, which was literally filler to this season. The beginning when they found the tailees and the last three episodes IS ALL THAT HAPPENED. Literally season 2 can be summmed up as "they pressed buttons and Sahnnon died" besides the first two episodes and last 3.

But season 1 was genius and I think season 3 is living up. It is going at a snail's pace but it isn't going in circles, which is what season 2 did. So I'm happy with that.

to be honest, i hated season 1. it bored me to death. i watched the 2nd out of curiousity -i didnt even want to-, and became addicted. so i cant wait for the 3rd one to come out on dvd. he he ...

Wow my thread has come back to life. Thats cool! :up:

We need more votes!

The story lost me by the second episode. Waaaaaaaaaay to confusing.

wow sounds like you did'nt give it a chance if you had made it through ep 4 you wouldve been hooked. Ep 4 (Walkabout) of season one is the best episode of ever aired of this series. But dont worry your saving yourself dissapointment....

When the show started in the UK the media was comparing it to Survivor and the movie Castaway. Lost also changed channels over here going from a terrestrial station to a satellite/cable channel because of low ratings.

I could'nt stand season 2 with Ana-lucia and Micheal's obession with his son. But season 3 has caught my attention again......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"