The World's Finest (Live-Action) - Analyzing the Respective Eras

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
The World's Finest of course, refers to DC Comic's two flagship characters, Batman and Superman. We've never had an actual, official live-action encounter (television or film) between the two (unless you count Michael Keaton co-starring with Christopher Reeve in the 1994 film Speechless) as of yet. So as of know, I'm asking about how would the actors who have portrayed Batman and Superman from a similar timeframe stack up against other actors:
*Kirk Alyn (Superman)/Robert Lowery (Batman) - Lewis Wilson was the very first actor to portray Batman in live-action, but Robert Lowery's portray closer coincided with the start of Kirk Alyn's portrayal of Superman

*Bob Holiday (Superman)/Adam West (Batman) - Adam West never really had a true blue Superman counterpart/peer from his respective era. The George Reeves Superman TV series ended almost ten years before Adam West started playing Batman. Adam West did return to play Batman in 1979 (for the Legends of the Superheroes TV special), one year after the first Christopher Reeve Superman movie came out. However, since Adam West was at least, 20+ years older than Christopher Reeve in real life, I wouldn't consider each other to be plausible peers. Bob Holiday is the name of the actor who portrayed Superman in a 1966 Broadway show called It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Superman.

*Christopher Reeve (Superman)/Michael Keaton (Batman) - Although Reeve's Superman series had a good ten year jump start from Keaton's first Batman film, they were still, about the same age range in real life. Also, Keaton's first Batman film came only two years after Reeve's last. And as I said before, they actually co-starred in the movie Speechless.

*Dean Cain (Superman)/Val Kilmer (Batman)

*Tom Welling (Superman)/Bruce Thomas (Batman) - Bruce Thomas portrayed Batman in those OnStar TV commercials from around the year 2001. He also played Batman on the short-lived Birds of Prey TV series.

*Brandon Routh (Superman)/Christian Bale (Batman)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"