World's Finest or JL

First World's Finest, then Trinity, then Justice League. That's what I've always said.
And finally, there seems to be more people who agree with me this time. :)

I do, for me that's the best way to go, and is a nice build-up to Justice League

so many batman and superman movies, just do the jl already. why keep holding back all the heroes that wb has the rights to, it's not like they can't do it. they own all their jl heroes, so what's the hold up. just seeing batman and superman together is not fun for me. you have this all powerful hero and this guy who likes to dress up in his best halloween costume. seriously though, just doing WF is really another way to squeeze more out of us. it's just a tease. "if you love batman and superman then you are gonna love batman&superman". and "if you loved batman&superman then you are going to really love batman&superman&wonderwoman". i mean c'mon.

also im not that big a fan of batman, i like superpowers, so jl would atleast give me more powers besides superman, not to mention we could see a watchtower in space.

I'd like to see them do a WF with just Batman and Superman, and depending on how that does they bring in Wonder Woman for a sequel. Then after that go for a JL.

How about World's Finest with a cameo appearance of WW, which will lead into her own solo film? :awesome:

Personally I think Trinity makes the most sense. I agree with AvengeME that after Batman and Superman no one really cares about the remaining characters. A World's Finest film would be amazing but pushing Wonder Woman with a Trinity film would be a great route for them as well.

I think a trinity film would be the smartest thing, and when it's done well then they can spawn off into the league. The trinity is well established and would let them focus enough on each without having to scramble around.

At the end of the day, I don't think either or makes the difference as long as the director has a vision of how they will all the characters will interact, co-exist, and be crucial to the story.

I personally dont know how you would balance a JL movie, personally I don't want to see the same formula as Avengers, which was "basic" in my eyes. "Here's the bad guy, lets get a team together, and lets take down said bad guy from destroying the world."

I expect more of a "crisis on two earths" (not to that extreme though.) or tower of babel, or even kingdom come.

Something that really makes you question and ponder the ideas about who the villains are.

I am tired of Bats/Supes, give me something with more heroes so I can take my eyes off of those two.

This exactly why a WF would be so tiresome, we need something more and if people want a lead in to JL then just do a Trinity, it would be much, much better. I think with WF I would be watching it with immense frustration and I don't know if I'd be ale to watch it really. I want to see more dc characters so badly!

At the end of the day, I don't think either or makes the difference as long as the director has a vision of how they will all the characters will interact, co-exist, and be crucial to the story.

I personally dont know how you would balance a JL movie, personally I don't want to see the same formula as Avengers, which was "basic" in my eyes. "Here's the bad guy, lets get a team together, and lets take down said bad guy from destroying the world."

I expect more of a "crisis on two earths" (not to that extreme though.) or tower of babel, or even kingdom come.

Something that really makes you question and ponder the ideas about who the villains are.
2nded... I liked the Avengers because of the team up and action but it was kind of a dumbed down movie.

I'm hoping that DC/WB makes WF and that leads into JL. Alein invasion is kind weak. I would love to see the threat in WF be Lex as president and him using LexCorp to make weapons of mass destruction... Metallo's. The last Metallo left being the actual Metallo. Then upping the ante in JL and making giant weapons of mass destruction that get rerouted by Brainiac.

The JL fighting giant robots... I would go crazy if I saw that.

I personally think it would be better to just do a live action world's finest movie. I'm more interested in seeing Batman and Superman team up without the additional JL members. Maybe they can be in a sequel after their respective franchises have been built up but for the first film would be nice if it's just the big 2.

If "Man of Steel" is a hit, then I don't see a Justice League film as being likely unless it is the same Superman else there might be conflicting versions of the character. I could see the new Batman films featuring guest appearances from the Justice League members (with these characters spinning off into their own film and the final Batman film would be a Justice League movie. I guess that is one approach.

This exactly why a WF would be so tiresome, we need something more and if people want a lead in to JL then just do a Trinity, it would be much, much better. I think with WF I would be watching it with immense frustration and I don't know if I'd be ale to watch it really. I want to see more dc characters so badly!
A WF would not be tiresome because we've never seem the two heroes together in live action before. Their differences, the dynamic bewteen them, how each of them can bring something to the other etc are things we will see.
It will be something we've NEVER seen before. Totally new and fresh. That is, if done right and not in the veins om "Tim Story F4" or a combination between The Quest for Peace and Batman & Robin.

It would be slightly different but it would again show how wb doesn't trust the rest of their characters. I think WW would be the biggest difference in the film.

It would be slightly different but it would again show how wb doesn't trust the rest of their characters. I think WW would be the biggest difference in the film.

I would like to see WB make a Trinity film first introducing Wonder Woman. It could be the first time Superman and Batman meet, then both of them discover Wonder Woman. (After the Trinity film, Wonder Woman could have a prequel launching her own trilogy). The sequel to the Trinity would be the Justice League.
However, I think it is important for them to make Trinity and Justice League into one profound, but simple, story line. By the end of Trinity, there would not be any major resolutions. The problems would escalate and continue and require the Justice League.

This would also separate it from the Avengers approach. . .

Yeah I agree, I think that could be a really good approach to introducing her character and not copying marvel

As long as they cast a good actress for WW and not just someone who looks the part, I'm all for Trinity. I find it worrying that, unless she can't act to save her life or her character is deemed "annoying" in the film, most fans will fawn over whichever actress is cast, because, at the end of the day, her looks are more important to them than her acting, anyway. As long as she has the body and "sex appeal" for it and is merely passable in the acting department, people will brand her the hottest thing ever. BUT if she's anything less than picture perfect looks-wise, people will rip her to shreds and she'll be judged far more than her male co-stars, whether she's a stellar actress or not. Heck, she'll be judged like crazy either way, but she'll have it easier if she's at least "hot". :csad: "Weeeell, she was kinda lame but I'd still bang her!"

The character deserves so much more than that. I know there's WW fans who agree and want a great actress to portray her, but there's a ton of people who really don't care much as long as she's boinkable (I know, newsflash, eh?) Yet, if WB/DC gets her wrong, I see little hope for other DC superheroines. Or, rather, if DC casts a certain kind of actress for WW, I'm worried other heroines will be cast in the same mould. Which makes me wonder who the target audience for Trinity would be. Would it be the general audience or mostly the male audience?

The studio should stick with The Avengers formula in this case. WW has a wide appeal across the board. To cast someone to stand there and play "eye candy" would be ignoring half the audience. The studio can't be that dim, right?

I'm ready to throw my money at them but WW would make or break this film for me.

As long as they cast a good actress for WW and not just someone who looks the part, I'm all for Trinity. I find it worrying that, unless she can't act to save her life or her character is deemed "annoying" in the film, most fans will fawn over whichever actress is cast, because, at the end of the day, her looks are more important to them than her acting, anyway. As long as she has the body and "sex appeal" for it and is merely passable in the acting department, people will brand her the hottest thing ever. BUT if she's anything less than picture perfect looks-wise, people will rip her to shreds and she'll be judged far more than her male co-stars, whether she's a stellar actress or not. Heck, she'll be judged like crazy either way, but she'll have it easier if she's at least "hot". :csad: "Weeeell, she was kinda lame but I'd still bang her!"

The character deserves so much more than that. I know there's WW fans who agree and want a great actress to portray her, but there's a ton of people who really don't care much as long as she's boinkable (I know, newsflash, eh?) Yet, if WB/DC gets her wrong, I see little hope for other DC superheroines. Or, rather, if DC casts a certain kind of actress for WW, I'm worried other heroines will be cast in the same mould. Which makes me wonder who the target audience for Trinity would be. Would it be the general audience or mostly the male audience?

The studio should stick with The Avengers formula in this case. WW has a wide appeal across the board. To cast someone to stand there and play "eye candy" would be ignoring half the audience. The studio can't be that dim, right?

I'm ready to throw my money at them but WW would make or break this film for me.

:applaud

I see you've met my friend(s) Rachel Dawes.

maggie_l_1.jpg

I say stop delaying and get the WW film done, if to get the horny teen fanboys hooked than anything else. Flash will struggle in the same vain as Ant-Man. Just not a translatable power on the big screen. Green Lantern, go with John Stewart and forget the Renolds movie.

This all the way. Absolutely go with John Stewart. Create a team that is diverse, such as it was in the animated series. Most of all, create a thought-provoking, dramatic story with unexpected stakes. The Avengers were a team endorsed by SHIELD, a secret agency. The Justice League can be a team opposed by a secret organization - Project Cadmus. There's your contrast for a fresh cinematic story.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't really see the attitude that you're talking about. Even on these forums, I don't think that guys would care too much if Wonder-Woman wasn't the hottest thing since the toaster-oven. And I certainly don't see that attitude coming from the general audience. And honestly, you seem like a smart guy (or gal). I'm not sure why you would care what non-WW fans would think of her if she's not "hot". If the actress nails the part in your opinion, then that's what's important. And no respectable or credible critic is going to dock a performance because the actress isn't "boinkable".

Furthermore, no matter who WB casts as Wonder Woman, they're not going to lose or win a lot of money either way. Comic -book fans and the general audience are going to see a trinity film because "hey, look! It's Superman and Batman! In the same movie!" So I think that will allow them to choose an actress who is good for the part, not one that just has a lot of star power or sex-apeal. I mean, the people are going to be in the seats anyway. I don't think that WB would be stupid enough to screw-up such an important character in hopes of attracting more people to the movie.

And in regards to a Trinity movie's target audience, well... For a superhero movie, the "general audience" is going to be mostly guys, at least from my experience (TDKR premiere I attended in Seattle notwithstanding). Unfortunately, if my friend's reactions to a potential solo Wonder-Woman movie are any indication, a large portion of that audience wouldn't be interested in seeing it. A Justice-League film or a Trinity film would have to really sell the character in order for her to have a spinoff. But she could easily be the unexpected element that steals the show, which would be unbeliveably awesome. A sucessful WW movie (be it a solo movie, a trinity movie, or a Justice League movie) would probably lead the way for a lot more female superheroes to hit the silver screen. I don't necessarily think that a WW cast for her looks or recognition would garner a similar copycat response, because the character wasn't successful, it would have been the sex-appeal and the star power of the actress behind her.

Personally, I think a Trinity movie would be easier to pull off than a Justice League movie, and I would be SUPER PSYCHED to see it, and I've never read a comic book in my life. :woot:

23w8wli.jpg

Last edited:
Umm... I'm not the only one that doesn't get this, right? It looks like the cast of Mad Men walked into an Inception 2 poster...

Edit: Oh, wait, never mind, just saw "Kingdom Come" at the bottom. Wait... That would mean that Christina Hendricks would play Wonder-Woman. Which is... Interesting... :dry:

Yuck.

I didn't realize how recognizable it would be as Mad Men when I whipped it together since I don't watch the show, but I guess it is. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"