The Wrestling Thread will give you all the stuffing you can handle

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Nov 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace Bloodstone Registered

CM Punk is on Talking Dead right now.

2. Dr. Evil Registered

The WWE gets praise when they deserve it, which is very rare these days.

3. Big Green Registered

How can you start fresh and clean in an industry that has been around for 70 years?

Storylines get recycled, CSI was doing the same **** as Law & Order. At the end of the day the WWE is a soap opera, and I hate to break it to you, but there are only so many storylines in any story told.

4. Dr. Evil Registered

The problem is that unlike the NFL (which I am also a fan of and it's very frustrating to be an NFL fan sometimes) is that the TV ratings for the WWE have rapidly declined. The polar opposite is true for the NFL (where despite being a mediocre product itself, still has massive TV ratings and sell millions in merchandise sales). The WWE has plans on creating a TV Network in which if it fails, could set the company back years. It's not like the NFL Network in that if the NFL Network fails, the NFL still has their billion dollar TV contract with FOX, ESPN, CBS and NBC to fall back on.

The WWE is a lot like Hollywood in a way. Both are uncreative and unimaginative. I mean, Hollywood wants to remake every damn movie ever made and adapt movies from books, comics, TV shows, video games, toys and will probably want to adapt movies from songs, commercials, food products and cell phone apps next. Both the WWE and Hollywood are made for each other, it's the perfect combo.

BTW, still waiting for the day that the WWE remakes Body Slam.

5. Wheels Groovy

That's all well and good but **** booking is **** booking and **** writing is **** writing. ft you've got good people involved in the creative process then they can make something old feel new again.

6. bullets bang bang

It was a wise move to place her at numer one on the most beautiful list. I still can't believe she's gone.

I really need to catch up with Walking Dead before Friday. It would be cool if they offered him a guest spot. I could see him leading a group of survivors and kicking zombies in the head.

I remember a comment Triple H directed at Punk where he says "some people don't want change". There's a section of the audience who just go with the flow and don't see a problem. I think the WWE is catering to them , but then you see glimpses of progress. Like the somewhat revived tag team division. I want to have faith it's going to get better , but who knows if it ever will at this point.

7. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

My job is not to come up with storylines. Mine is to ***** about the ones WWE pawns off on us thinking they are quality.

8. Wheels Groovy

I'll say this. My favorite WWE show is the one Vince McMahon doesn't oversee. That tells me what the problem Is.

9. Fans of Reilly Registered

about the divas not geting them I blame the life crowd They are always dead during a diva match And, of course, people in the back will see that and decide divas do not deserve More time

10. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

It also helps there's a lot of new faces on there changing things up. I just read that Bray Wyatt, Bo Dallas and the Ascension are being considered for a call up.

I think I'll be sticking around a bit more for parts of RAW now due to this and the NXT3.

And I'll check for certain Main Event episodes. I like the concept and how they approach the matches, but some wrestlers I won't watch. Do like the fact that they actually have main eventers on a program called Main Event.

11. AndrewGilkison Registered

I am cutting and pasting this exchange from another message board, because I think it hit the nail on the head.

12. Wheels Groovy

NXT gives me hope that WWE will have brighter days again.

13. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

I wouldn't be sold on the Ascension, the gimmick seems a bit goofy to me.

14. Wheels Groovy

I think it can work. The only thing I would consider really goofy is the howling during matches. The entrance is cool and having a gimmicked tag team would be refreshing. The Ascension actually feel like a real tag team.

I mean Damien Sandow is goofy to a certain degree; what with him wearing a Bob Backlund robe with pink tights and doing cartwheels. He's stilll entertaining though.

15. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Glad it's not me. The gimmick is a joke to me. They'd have to book them like Gangrel or something, and even then...

Not a bad tag team, though. A good time to bring them up, but I find the characters a joke.

16. Wheels Groovy

I can see the issue with it but really I can see people getting into it. For instance, I think the Kane character sucks more often than not. Tons of horrible storylines with the character and stuff., but other people love Kane's character. He was best as a silent monster IMO. Once he started cutting promos it went downhill.

17. Slushy Registered

Good thing I bought Punk's Blu Ray as it was my main reason. :woot:

18. Fans of Reilly Registered

What people think about Wade Barrett going After Kofi Kingston Intercontinental title I know many people do not like it and think Barrett should go After the world heavyweight title

Personally I disagree I think any Wrestler should at least have one successful title Reign with a small title before he is giveing the right to be world champion

and Wade Barrett First Intercontinental title Reign was bad and boring

19. Wheels Groovy

I'm fine with it. l'm not clamoring for Barrett to win a world title or anything. I expect him to be WHC sometime next year anyway.

20. Lobo Liv is Life

Bo getting called up would have me real excited, I have high hopes for him, I can see him as a top face. Bray is ready and will be an excellent heel, it will be interesting to see how he is brought up. I wonder who is first feud will be? I'm guessing it will be someone like Gabriel.

Some things I'd like to see. More than likely won't happen but I'd like:

A reborn cruiserweight division

The divas given more time to show what they can do specifically Natalya

Jack Swagger repackaged as a face

Alex Riley on TV

Ambrose given a live mic on Raw (this we know will at least happen)

Rollins vs Ziggler (I'll mark if/when this hapens)

Brodus Clay heel turn, maybe have him as a follower of Wyatt's.

Matt Striker as a Bobby Heenan styled manager. I'd pair him with Mason Ryan as his bodyguard from the likess of Kane and Ryback etc (i.e the Tomko role), and also have him manage McGillicutty, and either the Uso's or Colon's after Rosa becomes Del Rio's valet

#145 Lobo, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  21. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

I'm fine with it too. To be honest, I find Barrett to be quite overrated, he does nothing for me. His gimmick isn't good enough for a main eventer. I do think though that if became a bastard type character who does dastardly things then he would have potential. Whether there is any room for that kind of character in this era is a whole other story.

22. Lobo Liv is Life

I am a Barrett fan but I think going after Kofi's belt is the right move, he's not ready for a WHC run yet.

23. Wheels Groovy

If there's not then Ambrose and Wyatt are screwed. They're both sick twisted bastards.

24. TheFuture Valar Dohaeris

Look at all their top heels such as Del Rio, Ziggler, Punk, Rhodes and Sandow. They are all heels for essentially the same general reason: they are all narcissists who think they are better than everyone else. Show is the only one that breaks this mould as he's a monster giant.

I will say this though, it seems like they're starting to give their heels a bit of room to grow further. For example, Ziggler and his verbal deconstruction of AJ and Heyman (while it left a sour taste in my mouth) feigning a heart attack. They need to let more of this kind of stuff roll in order to let their heels grow distinctive characters.

I mean I think Barrett would do wonders with an Orton/HHH type character when they were at their most loathsome such as attempting to maim opponents, attacking commentators and kicking women in the head.

Even look back to the last PGish era when Savage turned on Hogan and he violently pushed Elizabeth to the floor. An absolutely reprehensible action that got him big heat. I know kicking a woman in the head isn't going to fly in this era but surely a violent push would be ok? :o :oldrazz:

25. Lobo Liv is Life

Seth Rollins vs Bo Dallas vs Antonio Cesaro vs Kassius Ohno

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.