Comics The X-men:Back to Basics

superman-mos

Civilian
Reaction score
I loved x-men and was a huge fan during the days when X-men TAS was on Fox kids.However,the x-universe has become crowded and more complicated then need be.I think they should cancel some of the spin offs.Bring it down a notch so here is my idea.

Uncanny X-men:This should be the core team with the main focus in the x-verse.

Cyclops:He is a natural leader and the first x-man.He is a great character and very badass when written right(like in astonishing).

Emma Frost:Get her over the whole mind f*#!#d drama.Bring her in as an equal.She fills the spot of Jean who is better left dead.

Kitty Pride:She is the heart of the team,and a great character to use as a viewpoint.

Colossus: He is the strong man and has a huge heart..one of my all time favs.

Angel:Turn him into the top gun of the x-men.He is the high flying Ace,bring him back to glory.He should also be second in command.

Nightcrawler:He is badass,regardless of how he has been used in the past.

Now that is the core team,the main focus.Have other appearing charcters who help with the school and teach.Since Xavier has lost purpose take and use Beast as the head of the school so Scott can focus on the missions.Then from that group I would have another group ..not in new york...maybe somewhere else and they would be X-factor

X-fACTOR:

Storm would be the headmaster of this school,with the team being

Havok:Team leader,he has alot of potential and should be explored more.
Iceman:Second in command and somewhat at odds with alex.
Wolverine:Let him take a break from the main focus,keep using him to much and one day he will be just pointless.

Gambit:He and Wolverine would be a great stealth team,use this and let Gambit shine.

Rouge:Team powerhouse and love inters for Gambit,because whats a goo x-title without a little romance.

Cannonball:Just a great charcter who doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Multiple Man:I just like him..cool visual.

at some point you could kill Xavier and bring in Magneto who wants to honor Xavier and take over as Headmaster of the schools.

My last X-title whould focus on the younger x-students .You could use a rotating roster in diffrent issues.

I loved x-men and was a huge fan during the days when X-men TAS was on Fox kids.However,the x-universe has become crowded and more complicated then need be.I think they should cancel some of the spin offs.Bring it down a notch so here is my idea.
Well IDA. They already pruned out the useless and nonselling books a few years ago. I think every X-book now serves a purpose. There are only 3 core X-men team books (which are necesary with so many characters) and 4 team books chich all have a place in the X-world. Only one Id get rid of is New Excalibur bc its nowhere as good as the rest, but Claremont just returned so I'll give him some time since everything he was trying to accomplish was put on hold whil ehe was sick. The franchise only has 3 solos for 2 characters (counting Cable/Deadpool as one) whereas the solo line was overpopulated a few years back.

Uncanny X-men:This should be the core team with the main focus in the x-verse.

Cyclops:He is a natural leader and the first x-man.He is a great character and very badass when written right(like in astonishing).

Emma Frost:Get her over the whole mind f*#!#d drama.Bring her in as an equal.She fills the spot of Jean who is better left dead.

Kitty Pride:She is the heart of the team,and a great character to use as a viewpoint.

Colossus: He is the strong man and has a huge heart..one of my all time favs.

Angel:Turn him into the top gun of the x-men.He is the high flying Ace,bring him back to glory.He should also be second in command.

Nightcrawler:He is badass,regardless of how he has been used in the past.
Thats basically the Astonishing team just switching out Wolverine for Angel and Beast for Nightcrawler.

X-fACTOR:

Storm would be the headmaster of this school,with the team being

Havok:Team leader,he has alot of potential and should be explored more.
Iceman:Second in command and somewhat at odds with alex.
Wolverine:Let him take a break from the main focus,keep using him to much and one day he will be just pointless.

Gambit:He and Wolverine would be a great stealth team,use this and let Gambit shine.

Rouge:Team powerhouse and love inters for Gambit,because whats a goo x-title without a little romance.

Cannonball:Just a great charcter who doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Multiple Man:I just like him..cool visual.
Why not just call it X-men bc thats exactly what you've done. Its not different enough to warrant a name change.

at some point you could kill Xavier and bring in Magneto who wants to honor Xavier and take over as Headmaster of the schools.
That was done already with AOA

My last X-title whould focus on the younger x-students .You could use a rotating roster in diffrent issues.
Thats already handled in New X-men. While there is a main cast, the other students pop up and we will see them have more of a prominent role in the next arc

Magneto also led the X-men in the 80s.....He had a big Purple M on the front of his costume

ISince Xavier has lost purpose take and use Beast as the head of the school so Scott can focus on the missions.Then from that group I would have another group ..not in new york...maybe somewhere else and they would be X-factor

Get someone else to be the headmaster is not bad an idea, it can lessen Scott's workload, that man has a lot of missions to plan already...but if Beast takes this position they'll need to move the headmaster's office down to the lab I guess. :woot:

anyone who thinks there is a character called rouge isn't a fan of the x men:dry:

oh I hated that costume! I hate costumes that have a big letter of the character's name. Seems very cheesy

oh I hated that costume! I hate costumes that have a big letter of the character's name. Seems very cheesy

It seems that only Superman can pull that look off successfully.

Leave X-Factor alone, its perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"