Theater Owners Seek New Rules About Trailer Length

The "trailer for a trailer" is a purely online phenomenon as far as I've seen, so that wouldn't affect theater owners and audiences at all.
I know. It was just mentioned upthread and I got sidetracked, lol.

They could just go back to how trailers actually "trailed" the films they were attached to...

If they want 2 make people happy then cut down on the ****ing commercials before the trailers first. If a movie says it starts at say 12. The trailers wont start until about 12:30 these days then the actual movie near 1. They want 2 make the trailers shorter. So that they can show more commercials & get more money if you ask me

I hate commercials before watching a movie especially when there's over 5 minutes worth of them, but I understand the need for them. I don't think I'll be able to tell the difference in the trailer lengths myself, 30 seconds less could be a good thing.

This started becoming a problem in the early 2000s I think. The two most glaring examples being:

Cast Away (2000)
Spider-Man 2 (2004)

I don't think I've EVER seen more revealed in a trailer than those two. :doh:

You're dead right about Spider-Man 2. I can't recall a single thing that they saved for the movie. They even showed the shot of Harry with the Goblin formula, which pissed off a lot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"