Thespian Extraordiannaire: The Clayface Thread

Ngl not a fan of the impersonator idea.

How many impersonators can physically pass for various celebs?

None.

Ngl not a fan of the impersonator idea.

How many impersonators can physically pass for various celebs?

None.
He could be a serial killer that specifically picks people he can physically pass as, and one of those just so happens to be an important member of Gotham.

At this point, an MCU Chameleon would probably be a Skrull or use one of those digital masks that BW used in The Winter Soldier. I'm less concerned about comparisons to villains/comic characters that aren't as well known/never been featured in a live action film, but I do want some element of the "body horror" to be retained for any/all Clayface adaptation.

I'd prefer classic BTAS Clayface (I still think that The Batman universe is in a prime spot to elevate to the fantastical) but I'll settle for something closer to Earth One if that's where Reeves is heading...

Agree on both points but it seems that we're in the minority on the second.
And since the subject has kind of become a taboo on the board...:zipped:

At this point, an MCU Chameleon would probably be a Skrull or use one of those digital masks that BW used in The Winter Soldier. I'm less concerned about comparisons to villains/comic characters that aren't as well known/never been featured in a live action film, but I do want some element of the "body horror" to be retained for any/all Clayface adaptation.

I'd prefer classic BTAS Clayface (I still think that The Batman universe is in a prime spot to elevate to the fantastical) but I'll settle for something closer to Earth One if that's where Reeves is heading...

Don't know if this clarifies as body horror, but in a grounded take I wouldn't be surprised if at some point we see the prosthetics become deformed/melted, etc, giving the disturbing appearance of a clay face.

Hot take but my favorite Clayface is Ethan Bennett from The Batman 04. That character had the most development of any villain on that show besides Joker. He essentially served as that series’ stand in for Two-Face.

My hot take I always wanted Robert Englund to play clayface

My hot take I always wanted Robert Englund to play clayface
We got him as Riddler and Scarecrow and he was great as both. I’d rather see him as Scarecrow in live action.

There's so much they can do with Clayface , he’s easily the best villain yet to appear in a film IMO. You have the brilliant Two-Face stand-in Ethan Bennett from The Batman (2004), you have a very grounded and realistic version in Golden Age Basil Karlo, and you have Matt Hagen from BTAS which was a perfect blend of Hagen and Karlo from the comics.

I see Reeves going with Karlo and then I could see Flanagan going with Hagen for a solo film.

I think Ethan Bennett’s Clayface is one of the most underrated characters in Batman mythos. Speaking of characters that originated in The Batman 2004 I think the Kabuki twins should be a more permanent fixture in Penguin’s gang.

Last edited:
In the most realistic scenario Reeves' Clayface will be a Lon Chaney-esque Master of Disguise who uses makeup and prosthetics to commit his crimes, Matt said he likes to ground the characters but keep what the fans like about these characters, so in that case he could still "transform" himself into other people, but not through supernatural powers.

I know it's not what most would want, but either way we're going to have the most fantastical and supernatural stuff in the DCU, so I really don't mind if Reeves wants to go that way, actually it's a good way to differentiate the two Batmans to the general audience.

Golden Age Clayface is fine with me for this universe. I want to see Flanagan’s take though. Maybe in the DCU

FsgxmpAXsAAwwnm

upload_2023-5-20_23-6-32.png

That looks amazing.

In Gotham, Hugo Strange gave Basil Karlo his abilities by experimenting on him at the Indian Hill facility. I still think that Hugo Strange and Clayface would be a very natural team up, just swap out Strange’s Monster Men for Clayface.

Im expecting Golden Age Clayface with no supernatural abilities, but if by chance he does have powers, I’d love if Strange gave them to him.

I really like that. Really, really like that...
To me, this fits perfectly in the world I saw in The Batman.

Is that from you? If not, do you have a link to see more of the artist's work?
Thanks! :yay:
I was trying to visualise how Clayface might work in the Reeves-verse and this is a great example of a visual that would be fine.

Reminds me of The Safdies short film w Adam Sandler, Goldman vs Silverman

Nah. Probably still grounded. Wouldn't surprise me if Flanagan liked Reeves take enough to compromise, even if Reeves take is realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"