They live

aaron

bullet in your face
Reaction score
so i saw this for the first time ever on friday and it left a pretty cool, and weird impression, and by no means do i agree with the relentless remakes being constantly churned out in hollywood..but when i watched the movie, my mind was in constant thought regarding this as a possibly successful, most definitely exciting a prospect, rehash of a cult movie

"i'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass..and i'm all out of bubble gum."

EENNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is one Carpenter classic i will burn down Hollywood if they touch!! they're already 2 for 3 with his flicks!! (Precinct 13, Halloween, the ****ing Fog!! (sorry)) just stop makin his films already!!

so i saw this for the first time ever on friday and it left a pretty cool, and weird impression, and by no means do i agree with the relentless remakes being constantly churned out in hollywood..but when i watched the movie, my mind was in constant thought regarding this as a possibly successful, most definitely exciting a prospect, rehash of a cult movie

"i'm here to chew bubble gum and kick ass..and i'm all out of bubble gum."

Couldn't agree more. I like the film, but I also think "remake" when I see it...and I hate remakes. It's such a cool film but it has too many faults, starting with the lead. Carpenter makes films on a budget but this one feels like a 'B' movie. A big scale remake would be pretty cool.

Hey a Daria avatar. "Diarhhea cha cha cha".

Good god no remake! The movie is a B-cult film and should stay that way.

thank you ck!! if oscars were to have best fight catagories, they live goes down in history as the best fight sequence...... period!! who's your pic for the lead? jet li and jackie chan? ugh!! it's awsome as it is!!! right down to carpenter's music!
i suppose you want the thing remade too?
oh wait... it IS a remake!!!!!:meanie:

thank you ck!! if oscars were to have best fight catagories, they live goes down in history as the best fight sequence...... period!! who's your pic for the lead? jet li and jackie chan? ugh!! it's awsome as it is!!! right down to carpenter's music!
i suppose you want the thing remade too?
oh wait... it IS a remake!!!!!:meanie:

By far one of the best fight scenes ever

There's absolutely no need for a remake....if Hollyweird bigwigs got their hands on it...Ashton Kutcher would play Roddy Piper's part, the latest rapper of the moment would play Keith David's part, Britney Spears would make her "Dramatic" comeback in Meg Foster's role, and the best fight in history would be turned into a Matrix bullet time wire-fu CGI mess.

mmm... i just threw up a little....in my mouth....

Carpenter has his own trilogy-Halloween, They Live and The Thing-his own take on a remake. Are 3 of the greatest genre movies ever.

Second. Shame on you for not seeing it til now-
One of the best fights ever, public shootings, that fall Piper made from the cliff. :woot: plus Keith freakin David.

If a remake is forwarded it will be totally saturized.

LEAVE well enough alone

bush_they_live.jpg

I'm on the side of the fence that says DO NOT remake this film. It's a huge cult classic like a number of Carpenters great films.

It would be ruined as a remake.

It's funny how so many remakes lately are Carpenter films. Precint 13, The Fog, Halloween. Then The Thing and Escape From New York are rumoured to be next.

What next Dark Star????

love love love the photo surf!!

fig, shush man!! they might do it!
what i wanna know is; is john broke? why is he not taking on new films? the public wants to know!!

Great movie.
Theres been rumors of remaking it as a tv show with that Piper guy from the movie on the sci fi channel.
It could work really well as an ongoing show. Problem is though it would be on the sci fi channel and we no how well they do televison.

ooooh!!! i have everything he's made literally! i found his miniseries Elvis not long ago, and have a copy of eyes of laura mars. i just want this out this year!!
woo hoo!!! the man is back!

ooooh!!! i have everything he's made literally! i found his miniseries Elvis not long ago, and have a copy of eyes of laura mars. i just want this out this year!!
:huh:They Live has been out for years. What are you talking about?

i was quite shocked at roddy piper, expecting a wooden wrestler faking it it was a cool surprise to see him hold his own and make a decent enough lead

Where did you find the Elvis miniseries??

I've been looking for that for ages. Don't think they ever gave it an official release on DVD. Only film I don't own of his I think is Ghosts of Mars, got it for a gift but sold it because I didn't like it.

Probably one of the only films of his I didn't like.

except for jason statham of course

this movie was awesome, When I watched i thought it would have been awesome to be remade with better effects but after awhile they started spitting out all these crappy remakes, and I now want this to never be touched, IF they were to make a new Escape from N.y. film, I wouldn't want a remake but a prequel.

Man...this brings back some memories. I used to love this movie. I noticed they've been playing it on Encore alot lately. I'll have to DVR it.

All hail the greatness that is Keith David and the projects he blesses with his presence!

I totally agree with C Lee "one of the greatest fight scenes in history" Gee, a fight scene with actual context and plot that built up towards it,..Its like you actually needed a script back then.

I just love how they were actually fighting in a back alley, no holds barred fight, and it was a great fight and seemed realistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"