This old Deathlok2001s House: Adventures in installing Laminate floors ( with pics!)

Deathlok2001

Sidekick
Reaction score
I am installing laminate in my main floor of my place. I am going to keep a digital record of the process. I thought it would be interesting. SO I started to rip out the old carpet in my front foyer. Here is what it looks like under all that....

1zqwwph.jpg

..... the lino currently in my kitchen

1zqwxuh.jpg

Did a rabbit **** on your floor or something? :confused:

I shudder to ask what your avvy is.

*goes of to watch HGTV*

I'm sure no one cares.

It's him. :(

EDIT- (Answer to first and second replies to this thread)

It looks good.

You should stop while you're ahead and your house is still standing.

I had this nasty image of you on your knees on the floor in drag with a plumbers crack showing , whislt you are hammering in the nails on the floor

Deathlok2001 said:
I am installing laminate in my main floor of my place. I am going to keep a digital record of the process. I thought it would be interesting. SO I started to rip out the old carpet in my front foyer. Here is what it looks like under all that....

You should have no problem as laminate fake wood is quite easy to install. When I first bought my house I ripped up the carpet and was able to install real bamboo hardwood flooring without that much problem and I had never done any work like that before.

Kaleb said:
I had this nasty image of you on your knees on the floor in drag with a plumbers crack showing , whislt you are hammering in the nails on the floor

Can you get plumber's crack if you are wearing a dress? ;)

Kaleb said:

There is no hammering involved. My dad is going to help me, so No drag at all! :eek:

Pull out all nails & hammer in all staples leftover from the carpet. Laminate just snaps together, no hammering, only cutting.

I have to go get my comics now & chat with the gang at my local comic shop!:up::up:

In the 1st pic, that lino that you see was under the carpet! :eek:

I'm going to go ahead and reply to this as if I didn't find out you dress up in drag the other day.

If it's those fake wood pieces that snap togehter, they're a snap to install. Me and my father did our kitchen in a weekend, and we only worked in the afternoon. Just make sure you measure everything well, as there is not much use for scrap pieces and so any mistakes are just waste.

Did you buy the new wood flooring at IKEA? :confused:

jag

jaguarr said:
Did you buy the new wood flooring at IKEA? :confused:

jag

LOL... no they did not have what I wanted. :eek: I am getting this laminate from a place that sells hardwood, laminate, & carpet & nothing else. :up:

War Lord said:
He's compensating.
waite wasnt that the wrestling thread he made :Confused:

Deathlok's a lumberjack

and he's ok

he sleeps all night

he works all day:)

Corinthian™ said:
Deathlok's a lumberjack

and he's ok

he sleeps all night

he works all day:)