Thor: Ragnarok Box Office Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
30+ may have just been an error (either in the calculation or typographical). 20+ would have made more sense.

30+ may have just been an error (either in the calculation or typographical). 20+ would have made more sense.
It wasn't. Their wording implied that the number was not a mistake.

They just seem to be completely ignoring the holiday last weekend. They ignored it as well when last Friday numbers came in. They were projecting $61M+ after the Friday estimate came in, which was ridiculous. Now if Ragnarok had a 53.5% 2nd weekend drop without a holiday, that would have been great, and it would mean $30M+ would make perfect sense. (3rd weekend drops are often about 10% lower than 2nd weekend drops for these movies. 43.5% drop would be $30M+)

Even more proof that they are ignoring the holiday once again today, and using last weekend's internal multiplier as a result... This isn't just a typo. It's just them making a pretty stupid mistake lol

Last edited:
It's 688 million worldwide.
I'm taking the numbers from BOM and they haven't updated it yet. When they do then i'll change it.:cwink:

Come on deadline...

giphy.gif

It's just them making a pretty stupid mistake lol

Yeah, I guess you're probably right.

That explanation certainly makes sense (failing to account for the holiday last weekend).

Ok noooooow the weekend box office estimate is looking interesting.

BoxOfficeReport said:
Thor: Ragnarok grossed an estimated $5.80M on Friday. 15-Day total stands at $231.40M.
https://twitter.com/BORReport/status/931902298606878721

Looks like a weekend between $21-22M for a total around $247M after the weekend. About 62% drop from last weekend.

Pretty much as expected. $300M+ is getting closer and closer

With a $21.5M weekend, following Thor: The Dark World after this weekend gets it to $305.3M. Following Doctor Strange gets it to $308.9M.

Last edited:
What's the WW BO looking like?
We will get international estimates tomorrow so that will give a more accurate idea of where it's headed. $500M+ OS final total is secured though, so $800M+ WW is as well.

The question is now whether it can also get $850M+ worldwide or not.

I see deadline inched up to a $21 million estimate this morning, which is better, though still not as robust as I’d like. Hopefully things stabilize this week with the holiday.

We will get international estimates tomorrow so that will give a more accurate idea of where it's headed. $500M+ OS final total is secured though, so $800M+ WW is as well.

The question is now whether it can also get $850M+ worldwide or not.

Hopefully it does crack 850.

The more I see the less I understand.

How can T:R make $5,800,000 on Friday and end up with $21?

And don't say, "By adding $15.2 Saturday and Sunday." LOL

Last edited:
With JL struggling TR should do quite nicely during the Holiday break..
I never dreamed JL would under perform this badly...

With JL struggling TR should do quite nicely during the Holiday break..
I never dreamed JL would under perform this badly...

Well, the good news is that there isn’t much competition for either film until TLJ opens Dec. 15. And with the holidays and various school breaks they have a few weeks to sell tix. I know I’ll probably see Thor again this weekend while my daughter is home from college and I’m sure I will drag my butt to see JL at some point. But I’m not feeling rushed. Hopefully I’m not alone.

The more I see the less I understand.

How can T:R make $5,800,000 on Friday and end up with $21?

And don't say, "By adding $15.2 Saturday and Sunday." LOL
It isn't that unreasonable, I went with $21-22M. What number did you expect based on that Friday number(what sat+sun numbers)??

What's your estimate for the 4 day Thanksgiving weekend?

I find a little poetic karma in Thor kicking JL at the box office after Snyder’s comments a few years back.

I wonder if Snyder has seen TR. Because yesterday he said he hadn't seen JL.

Little bit ironic if he is actually contributing to Thor's Box office. Since he mocked the idea that Thor was even worthy of a movie.

Josh Trank started a trend of director's putting down their own movies!

Trank tweeted how FF had been ruined by Fox....
Whedon "likes" social media posts that call JL's villain the "worst ever" and
Snyder says, "Meh, I haven't seen it."

Interesting comparison to Waitit promoting his ass off weeks before and during the opening week....:shrug:

JL is currently about as welcome as a fart in a lift.
Unbelievable. This will possibly push TR past the 860m mark as repeat viewings favor TR rather than JL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"