World Thor: The Animated Series

To get back to the animation, I didn't mind it that much as I was just happy to see Thor in any animation period.
I probably went in a little biased, given that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Thor was gonna get his ass kicked. It's surprising I managed to like as much stuff as I did, in fact.

I'm not much for the Kirby look. It lacks a certain... human touch.

So who do we want to voice Thor - David Boat (Ultimate Avengers), Matt Wolf (Hulk Vs. Thor), Michael Adamthwaite (very briefly in the kiddie Avenger flick) or someone entirely new?

Definitely not Boat or Wolf. I couldn't stand Thor's voice in either of those movies.

Canadian based voice actor Michael Donovan might make a good Thor vocally. Check out his work as King Randor for the 2002 He-Man series, I could easily imagine that voice coming out of Thor's mouth.

Canadian based voice actor Michael Donovan might make a good Thor vocally. Check out his work as King Randor for the 2002 He-Man series, I could easily imagine that voice coming out of Thor's mouth.

now that you mention it so can i

Thanks 3dman27.

Definitely not Boat or Wolf. I couldn't stand Thor's voice in either of those movies.
Out of curiosity Corp, what was it about their Thor voices that specifically offended you?

They just sounded completely artificial to me. No one would ever really speak that way. Something about the performances just screamed "I'm trying really hard to sound like a regal, old-world god!" That's why I'd like someone with an English accent to voice Thor. I think an upper-class English accent is much better suited to handle Thor's speech patterns than an American or Canadian actor doing their best to sound regal.

This is a pic from Marvel's website, although I'm not quite sure if it's related to the series:
5970new_storyimage6593613_full.jpg

From this article:
http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.5970.Thor_Animated_Series_Storms_TV_in_2010
Honestly, I think it looks awesome! :up:

They just sounded completely artificial to me. No one would ever really speak that way. Something about the performances just screamed "I'm trying really hard to sound like a regal, old-world god!" That's why I'd like someone with an English accent to voice Thor. I think an upper-class English accent is much better suited to handle Thor's speech patterns than an American or Canadian actor doing their best to sound regal.
Hmm... interesting.

Accent aside, how much boom do you think Thor's voice should have? Maybe "boom" isn't the right word, but considering that Thor's a god & observing his appearance, I always expect him to have a really overpowering voice to match his physical size, if that makes any sense.

john rhys -davies the voice he had in the 90's marvel carttoons would work IMHO

Hmm... interesting.

Accent aside, how much boom do you think Thor's voice should have? Maybe "boom" isn't the right word, but considering that Thor's a god & observing his appearance, I always expect him to have a really overpowering voice to match his physical size, if that makes any sense.
The more the better. :up:

It would be awesome if they could get him to come back & voice Thor. He'd make a cool Odin as well.

I think I'd prefer Rhys-Davies for Odin at this point. I love his voice, but it's a little too grand for Thor to me. Especially if the cartoon follows the movie and this is a younger Thor.

I think I'd prefer Rhys-Davies for Odin at this point. I love his voice, but it's a little too grand for Thor to me. Especially if the cartoon follows the movie and this is a younger Thor.
Rhys-Davies as Odin would be most awesome, no argument.

I thought Michael Adamthwaite was okay for the 5 sentences he spoke as Thor at the end of "Next Avengers" (which I do not recommend), but somehow I doubt he'd get cast as Thor again.

So, who do we want voicing Loki, Sif, Amora, Balder and the rest of Thor's friends & enemies?

I never saw Next Avengers.

I think Dana Delaney might be interesting as Amora. She played Lois on all the DC cartoons. It could be cool to see how she handles a villainess.

I never saw Next Avengers.
You didn't miss much. I'd be surprised if the last half that features Michael Adamthwaite voicing Thor isn't up on You-Tube.

I think Dana Delaney might be interesting as Amora. She played Lois on all the DC cartoons. It could be cool to see how she handles a villainess.
Hmm, an interesting choice indeed. I wonder if the Marvel folks would consider it, seeing as how they tend to cast actors who do voice work by trade as opposed to recruiting actors who work primarily in film & TV.

dont bother i saw it it seemed lame

It would definitely be nice for Marvel to get actual actors to voice their characters for once... I'm all for Davies! :up:

It would definitely be nice for Marvel to get actual actors to voice their characters for once... I'm all for Davies! :up:
It helps when the actor has a voice that actually lends itself to voice over work. Some actors do, some don't. Davies has a strong, deep articulate voice that lends itself well to voicing characters like the Mighty Thor & Odin and what have you. Ron Perlman, Keith David, and Clancy Brown are also examples of actors who have those deep, strong articulate voices that fit so perfectly into the voice acting realm.

I think they're two separate things. There's a direct-to-DVD movie about Thor's youth based loosely on the Son of Asgard comic series and also, I believe, called Thor: Son of Asgard. Then there's an animated TV series that's being created to complement the live-action movie. At least, I think they're separate because the piece of art we've seen from the Thor TV series looks nothing like the Son of Asgard art in the preview that was on the Hulk vs. DVD.

Anyway, thanks for posting those pics. It looks like they used the same designer they got for Spectacular Spider-Man. The only problem with them I have is that Loki's design lacks his signature color scheme.

I'm glad Thor's getting attention, but at the same time, I'm not really looking forward to Son of Asgard too much because it's by the same team who did Hulk vs., who've shown that they don't really know how to handle Thor.

Loki looks abit too emo if you ask me. :D Otherwise im having mixed feelings but i cant really complain that its gonna suck just because it represents younger thor and so on. ^^ So just gotta wait and see whats coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"