The animated series in 2006

yeah im not counting these as a series, but 2 movies 90 minutes each is 180 miutes, which would be 8 episodes if 20 minutes each. In reality though, i think its better to have 2 movies rather than 8 episodes, because it gives more time to develop the story, where in episodes theres obviously not 90 minutes.

They said that they want to make more hellboy movies every year, but they didnt say they wanted to make a series. The title of this thread is slightly mis leading.

2 Hellboy movies a year will for sure satisfy our animated hellboy needs, dont worry about that.

Is anyone else having problems viewing the trailer for the Hellboy toon?:confused:

kooguy911 said:
They said that they want to make more hellboy movies every year, but they didnt say they wanted to make a series. The title of this thread is slightly mis leading.

Actually they did. The original intent way back when Mignola saw the 3D fan made clip (anyone remember that?) was to do an animated series. They're hoping that if these movies do well enough, they can get a series greenlit. That's why they're going to air the movies on TV as well, to get as much TV exposure as possible.

Specifically, how Mike Mignola is involved. We've worked out three movie stories, the second of which we shelved because it was another version of Hellboy's origin which the live action movie covered quite well. We wanted to add to the Hellboy universe not just reinterpret it (although we do a little of that too). In addition, I wrote two half hour scripts with Mike's notes and we started working out several stories for a potential half hour series which we hope to make somewhere down the road. Right now, two movies is plenty to handle.

It's in the December 13th post on Hellboyanimated.

http://hellboyanimated.typepad.com/hellboy_animated/2005/12/index.html

GhostPoet said:
When is the release date? am I blind?

i think it is october 28 at 9:30

so, is this series in the same continuity as the films?

mr jinx said:
i think it is october 28 at 9:30

so, is this series in the same continuity as the films?

And the DVD's come out in February of 2007, I think.

The animated films are in a continuity of their own. Broom will be alive for the animated continuity.

GhostPoet said:
When is the release date? am I blind?

Sword of Storms will be aired on Cartoon Network during their Toonami line up October 28th and the DVD will be released Feb. 6th, 2007.

Blook and Iron will probably be aired in Feb. with the DVD released a couple of months after that.

There is talk of a third movie, but it's only in talks right now.

>^^<

TheShadowCat said:
Sword of Storms will be aired on Cartoon Network during their Toonami line up October 28th and the DVD will be released Feb. 6th, 2007.

Blook and Iron will probably be aired in Feb. with the DVD released a couple of months after that.

There is talk of a third movie, but it's only in talks right now.

>^^<

Why is the DVD coming out a million years after the airdate? What's the point of that? Jeez. That sucks. I don't wanna be stuck with a crappy commercial-filled VHS tape for four or five months.

Bishop2 said:
Why is the DVD coming out a million years after the airdate? What's the point of that? Jeez. That sucks. I don't wanna be stuck with a crappy commercial-filled VHS tape for four or five months.

Since when have DVD's ever come out immediately after the first airing? The only movie I can think of that did that recently was Bubble.

Batman VS Dracula came out right when it aired, and since it was on cartoon network, i was hoping they would do it with hellboy...

kooguy911 said:
Batman VS Dracula came out right when it aired, and since it was on cartoon network, i was hoping they would do it with hellboy...

Cartoon Network may ask them to tone it down a bit so they may have to edit it a little. What comes out on DVD will be the unedited version. Now that doesn't explain the delay. However, Tad Stones and GDT have both promised to have the thing loaded with all sorts of extras so that may account for it.

>^^<

kooguy911 said:

I would say that's an anomaly. You really shouldn't be expecting that for every DVD release. You'd end up disappointed more often than not.

you'd think that they would at least let it come out in december or something for the holidays though

kooguy911 said:

Also Superman: Brainiac Attacks. And it looks like the Teen Titans movie will be making a similar move.

Dang that animation kicked ultimate avengers and lionsgates ass. Dang now thats how you do dtv movie.:up:

TheShadowCat said:
Cartoon Network may ask them to tone it down a bit so they may have to edit it a little. What comes out on DVD will be the unedited version. Now that doesn't explain the delay. However, Tad Stones and GDT have both promised to have the thing loaded with all sorts of extras so that may account for it.

>^^<

censored.gif

well who cares just as long as the dvd one is awesome and uncensored.

kooguy911 said:
well who cares just as long as the dvd one is awesome and uncensored.

Not me. I probably won't watch it until it hits DVD anyway.

TheShadowCat said:

>^^<

I seriously doubt we'll see much in the way of edits considering what airs on Cartoon Network these days.

I personally will have to watch their airing because I can't wait all those months until the DVD hits. Silly people for not releasing the DVD sooner.

Bishop2 said:
I seriously doubt we'll see much in the way of edits considering what airs on Cartoon Network these days.

I personally will have to watch their airing because I can't wait all those months until the DVD hits. Silly people for not releasing the DVD sooner.

For some strange reason that just reminded me about the movie Space Balls.

>^^<

i guess they are trying to do it movie theater style.

It comes out to theaters in the end of October, and comes out on dvd in Febuary.

But instead of coming out in theaters, it will just play on tv.

kooguy911 said:
i guess they are trying to do it movie theater style.

It comes out to theaters in the end of October, and comes out on dvd in Febuary.

But instead of coming out in theaters, it will just play on tv.

The DVD delay is due to all the scheduling and time around getting all the special features done, completed, and the DVDs mass produced. It takes time to get it done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"