Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Godzilla2000, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I just have to say, it's so nice to be able to come in here on a sucky Monday morning *IHateMondays* and whether it's Elizah being a wonderful tumblr image posting fangirl *this fangirl thanks you Elizah!!*, or the playful banter regarding Elizah's choice of images, it definitely brings a smile on an otherwise typically annoying day of the week. :woot:

That's all :)

2. Godzilla2000

Godzilla2000 Dollar Store Diva

I'm so glad my swoon resisting is cheering you up on such a dreary Monday.

3. elizah72

elizah72 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He does have swagger! :woot:

glad I could make someone smile, even if *someone* doesn't care for the subject matter. :whatever: :p

Okay, jaqua99. Here's something I'd like to hear from you about, in Avengers that bullet from Hawkeye's gun appears to at least graze him, and then heal immediately, and yet other times he doesn't seem to heal quickly (like after Hulk smashes him)... So this confuses me, inconsistency in the film or is there a reason for this? And of course he's actually a Frost giant, or at least half one as I've hypothesized, and judging by the Frost Giant battle they are not nearly as hard to take down as the Asgardians.... so again this aspect of MCU Loki has me confused. Any ideas about this?

[​IMG]

4. Godzilla2000

Oh dear sweet mother of Talos stop making my Lustometer rise to dangerous, universe threatening levels. :o

Really, I feel like a teenager with raging hormones right now.

5. Nathan

Nathan ...

6. Godzilla2000

Poor Loki...he just can't escape us can he?

7. Silvermoon

Trying to ignore those images of him in a suit and butt in on the last bit of your post instead. :oldrazz:

Are you talking about that dark streak on his right temple? Is that a wound or is it a piece of his hair that's just gotten on his face and then (with his movement) moves off of his face? (it's hard to tell in the gif and sadly I'm not at home where I can check my blu-ray). I thought the bullets in the opening sequence bounced off of him (either due to his being Jotun/Asgardian, or else some sort deflection ability from the scepter).

8. elizah72

But does he want to? :whatever:

Yeah, Loki's got crazy fangirls all over the 9 realms...

[​IMG]

That last line... erm... *cough* :hehe:

I am fairly certain that is a scratch from Hawkeye's bullet, not hair, and it immediately heals. If it's hair it's a strange edit the way it disappears, but I'm pretty sure it's a scar from the bullet. Also as he's walking away he sort of starts out fine and then doubles over some in pain, indicating he's in pain from the bullets he took from the other guys or some other reason???

9. ctsketch

ctsketch Well-Known Member

Looks like hair to me. also the bullets have no effect on Loki

10. elizah72

It's a really strange edit if it is hair, it's right when Hawkeye shoots at him that line appears and then disappears like the bullet grazed him and then healed immediately.

11. Nathan

Nathan ...

It's definitely just his hair. With all the damage he took in Thor and Avengers, I doubt bullets do any kind of harm to him. Especially since there was not a single scratch when Hawkeye's arrow blew up in his face.

12. elizah72

okay well. I thought he did come away with a few scrapes from that too but will have to look again. However, there is still the question with that in mind, how do bullets and having an arrow blow up in his face not effect him/effect him very little at all and yet being bashed around by the Hulk causes scars that apparently haven't healed completely a day or so later?

13. Nathan

Nathan ...

I think this is the best example. Normally you can't just shove a piece of wood through concrete, but with the force a tornado generates, it's another story. I think the same case applies here. Loki doesn't get a scratch from a point blank explosion, but with the force Hulk smacks him into the ground, he scratches up easily.

14. Godzilla2000

15. Silvermoon

Others have touched on the hair part and the hulk issue, as for what I bolded. In one of the children's novels that came out that has the first bit of Avengers in it (and I know, those aren't necessarily canon, but I really liked the description) I think it describes Loki's arrival as him kind of literally having to claw his way through the portal (when I get home from work I'll see if I can find it and quote it), which lets me think that - given it isn't a stable portal (since it collapses), the journey through it might not have been that pleasant. Also, there's this bit from Hiddleston (that I know I've linked to before) where he discusses what he and Joss talked about in regards to what Loki's been through between the end of Thor and the beginning of Avengers:

So, for me personally, I think him doubling over in pain as he walks out is just him loosing that 'adrenaline rush' that fueled his initial attack and kind of, just for a moment, gives into the hell that he's been through before arriving on earth/lets himself feel that pain. If that makes sense.

16. ctsketch

Because hulk is stronger than a bullet

17. ctsketch

Yeah, I mean he looked sweaty and disheveled the moment he arrived.

18. elizah72

Speaking of things to cheer you up on a Monday, a tweet from Tom. :)

19. Silvermoon

Yup...saw that one... and fav'ed it.... and retweeted it....and liked it on facebook too *lol*. I love his tweets :)

20. Jenlet

Jenlet Irritant

Agreed. Or he's reacting to a sports hernia. Never know what he was doing out in the fold, ha ha. ;)

21. Godzilla2000

My Whiter than Whitebread upbringing cannot handle all that Urban speak. >_<

22. Nathan

Nathan ...

23. Godzilla2000

Okay...I can get into Heavy Metal Tom since that's speaking my language there.

24. Nathan

Nathan ...

Found an awesome video. Too bad it's so short.

[YT]_TEBsak2NhU[/YT]

25. elizah72

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.