Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to say, it's so nice to be able to come in here on a sucky Monday morning *IHateMondays* and whether it's Elizah being a wonderful tumblr image posting fangirl *this fangirl thanks you Elizah!!*, or the playful banter regarding Elizah's choice of images, it definitely brings a smile on an otherwise typically annoying day of the week. :woot:

That's all :)

I'm so glad my swoon resisting is cheering you up on such a dreary Monday.

Must resist...urge to...swoon...>_<

P.S. Image saved to my hard drive now. ;)

But clearly it's the way he moves that is just plain sexy too. I mean just looking at the way he moves those hips when he walks, I'd theorize he adds a little extra movement if you get my drift.

tumblr_m97a43kMOA1qb6ydzo1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m97a43kMOA1qb6ydzo4_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m97a43kMOA1qb6ydzo5_r1_250.gif

He does have swagger! :woot:

I just have to say, it's so nice to be able to come in here on a sucky Monday morning *IHateMondays* and whether it's Elizah being a wonderful tumblr image posting fangirl *this fangirl thanks you Elizah!!*, or the playful banter regarding Elizah's choice of images, it definitely brings a smile on an otherwise typically annoying day of the week. :woot:

That's all :)

glad I could make someone smile, even if *someone* doesn't care for the subject matter. :whatever: :p

Okay, jaqua99. Here's something I'd like to hear from you about, in Avengers that bullet from Hawkeye's gun appears to at least graze him, and then heal immediately, and yet other times he doesn't seem to heal quickly (like after Hulk smashes him)... So this confuses me, inconsistency in the film or is there a reason for this? And of course he's actually a Frost giant, or at least half one as I've hypothesized, and judging by the Frost Giant battle they are not nearly as hard to take down as the Asgardians.... so again this aspect of MCU Loki has me confused. Any ideas about this?

tumblr_m9os55cWmx1rwkpk5o1_500.gif

Oh dear sweet mother of Talos stop making my Lustometer rise to dangerous, universe threatening levels. :o

Really, I feel like a teenager with raging hormones right now.

glad I could make someone smile, even if *someone* doesn't care for the subject matter. :whatever: :p

Okay, jaqua99. Here's something I'd like to hear from you about, in Avengers that bullet from Hawkeye's gun appears to at least graze him, and then heal immediately, and yet other times he doesn't seem to heal quickly (like after Hulk smashes him)... So this confuses me, inconsistency in the film or is there a reason for this? And of course he's actually a Frost giant, or at least half one as I've hypothesized, and judging by the Frost Giant battle they are not nearly as hard to take down as the Asgardians.... so again this aspect of MCU Loki has me confused. Any ideas about this?

tumblr_m9os55cWmx1rwkpk5o1_500.gif
Trying to ignore those images of him in a suit and butt in on the last bit of your post instead. :oldrazz:

Are you talking about that dark streak on his right temple? Is that a wound or is it a piece of his hair that's just gotten on his face and then (with his movement) moves off of his face? (it's hard to tell in the gif and sadly I'm not at home where I can check my blu-ray). I thought the bullets in the opening sequence bounced off of him (either due to his being Jotun/Asgardian, or else some sort deflection ability from the scepter).

Poor Loki...he just can't escape us can he?

But does he want to? :whatever:

Yeah, Loki's got crazy fangirls all over the 9 realms...

Scan11621.jpg

That last line... erm... *cough* :hehe:

Trying to ignore those images of him in a suit and butt in on the last bit of your post instead. :oldrazz:

Are you talking about that dark streak on his right temple? Is that a wound or is it a piece of his hair that's just gotten on his face and then (with his movement) moves off of his face? (it's hard to tell in the gif and sadly I'm not at home where I can check my blu-ray). I thought the bullets in the opening sequence bounced off of him (either due to his being Jotun/Asgardian, or else some sort deflection ability from the scepter).

I am fairly certain that is a scratch from Hawkeye's bullet, not hair, and it immediately heals. If it's hair it's a strange edit the way it disappears, but I'm pretty sure it's a scar from the bullet. Also as he's walking away he sort of starts out fine and then doubles over some in pain, indicating he's in pain from the bullets he took from the other guys or some other reason???

But does he want to? :whatever:

Yeah, Loki's got crazy fangirls all over the 9 realms...

Scan11621.jpg

That last line... erm... *cough* :hehe:

I am fairly certain that is a scratch from Hawkeye's bullet, not hair, and it immediately heals. If it's hair it's a strange edit the way it disappears, but I'm pretty sure it's a scar from the bullet. Also as he's walking away he sort of starts out fine and then doubles over some in pain, indicating he's in pain from the bullets he took from the other guys or some other reason???

Looks like hair to me. also the bullets have no effect on Loki

It's a really strange edit if it is hair, it's right when Hawkeye shoots at him that line appears and then disappears like the bullet grazed him and then healed immediately.

It's definitely just his hair. With all the damage he took in Thor and Avengers, I doubt bullets do any kind of harm to him. Especially since there was not a single scratch when Hawkeye's arrow blew up in his face.

It's definitely just his hair. With all the damage he took in Thor and Avengers, I doubt bullets do any kind of harm to him. Especially since there was not a single scratch when Hawkeye's arrow blew up in his face.

okay well. I thought he did come away with a few scrapes from that too but will have to look again. However, there is still the question with that in mind, how do bullets and having an arrow blow up in his face not effect him/effect him very little at all and yet being bashed around by the Hulk causes scars that apparently haven't healed completely a day or so later?

I think this is the best example. Normally you can't just shove a piece of wood through concrete, but with the force a tornado generates, it's another story. I think the same case applies here. Loki doesn't get a scratch from a point blank explosion, but with the force Hulk smacks him into the ground, he scratches up easily.

Others have touched on the hair part and the hulk issue, as for what I bolded. In one of the children's novels that came out that has the first bit of Avengers in it (and I know, those aren't necessarily canon, but I really liked the description) I think it describes Loki's arrival as him kind of literally having to claw his way through the portal (when I get home from work I'll see if I can find it and quote it), which lets me think that - given it isn't a stable portal (since it collapses), the journey through it might not have been that pleasant. Also, there's this bit from Hiddleston (that I know I've linked to before) where he discusses what he and Joss talked about in regards to what Loki's been through between the end of Thor and the beginning of Avengers:

The Seventh Circle of bad place: An Interview with Tom Hiddleston

There was a gap between Thor and The Avengers, and we see at the beginning of The Avengers that some&#8230; &#8220;stuff&#8221; has happened.

Yes.

And we still haven&#8217;t really gotten into it in detail. We get a hint at the end of the film. Did Joss [Whedon] fill you in on that? Was that vital to your character?

Yeah, we talked about it a lot. We talked about this idea that Loki disappears through that wormhole of space and time, when the Bifrost is destroyed, and he kind of goes through the Seventh Circle of bad place. And he&#8217;s on his own. He&#8217;s on his own in the dark corners of the universe, and the journey he goes on is pretty horrible. It&#8217;s like getting lost in the rainforest or something. You&#8217;re going to come out the other side a bit mangled on the outside, and on the inside.
So, for me personally, I think him doubling over in pain as he walks out is just him loosing that 'adrenaline rush' that fueled his initial attack and kind of, just for a moment, gives into the bad place that he's been through before arriving on earth/lets himself feel that pain. If that makes sense.

okay well. I thought he did come away with a few scrapes from that too but will have to look again. However, there is still the question with that in mind, how do bullets and having an arrow blow up in his face not effect him/effect him very little at all and yet being bashed around by the Hulk causes scars that apparently haven't healed completely a day or so later?

Because hulk is stronger than a bullet

Others have touched on the hair part and the hulk issue, as for what I bolded. In one of the children's novels that came out that has the first bit of Avengers in it (and I know, those aren't necessarily canon, but I really liked the description) I think it describes Loki's arrival as him kind of literally having to claw his way through the portal (when I get home from work I'll see if I can find it and quote it), which lets me think that - given it isn't a stable portal (since it collapses), the journey through it might not have been that pleasant. Also, there's this bit from Hiddleston (that I know I've linked to before) where he discusses what he and Joss talked about in regards to what Loki's been through between the end of Thor and the beginning of Avengers:

So, for me personally, I think him doubling over in pain as he walks out is just him loosing that 'adrenaline rush' that fueled his initial attack and kind of, just for a moment, gives into the bad place that he's been through before arriving on earth/lets himself feel that pain. If that makes sense.

Yeah, I mean he looked sweaty and disheveled the moment he arrived.

Speaking of things to cheer you up on a Monday, a tweet from Tom. :)

Come on then, Monday. Let's be havin ya. Crank up the Cee Lo Green. Kicking ash and taking names. Who's with me? ~ Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston)

Speaking of things to cheer you up on a Monday, a tweet from Tom. :)
Yup...saw that one... and fav'ed it.... and retweeted it....and liked it on facebook too *lol*. I love his tweets :)

Agreed. Or he's reacting to a sports hernia. Never know what he was doing out in the fold, ha ha. ;)

Okay...I can get into Heavy Metal Tom since that's speaking my language there.

Found an awesome video. Too bad it's so short.

[YT]_TEBsak2NhU[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back