Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...you think they like..painted that baby's face blue for the movie, or special effects, or...

LOL... yes some mother of the year let them pour blue paint all over her precious baby boy. :whatever: (not to mention put in red monster contact lenses). I'd say CGI same with Tom. I continue to be intrigued by that "crown" (also on adult Loki) as it looks very different from the other Frost Giants.

I suspect we will get some Frost Giant Loki in Thor 2, just to remind the audience of that, but it'll be interesting to see if they do him up properly or just do CGI again. Hm.

Last edited:
LOL... yes some mother of the year let them pour blue paint all over her precious baby boy. :whatever: (not to mention put in red monster contact lenses). I'd say CGI same with Tom. I continue to be intrigued by that "crown" (also on adult Loki) as it looks very different from the other Frost Giants.

I suspect we will get some Frost Giant Loki in Thor 2, just to remind the audience of that, but it'll be interesting to see if they do him up properly or just do CGI again. Hm.

by crown, do you mean on that design on the forehead?

and you think we will see frost giant Loki? we only saw it when he was around cold. I mean, unless they go to Jotenheim. yeah

Since this is a Loki thread, I would just like to say this, one thing that has..dissappointed me so far.

I really hope, aside from character, we get to see Loki's powers explored a bit more. So far, we have seen, astral projection, mind control, and teleportation.

Honestly, in the books, in terms of overall power, he really isn't that far below Thor. He's taken on Doctor Strange, and even the Silver Surfer (who I will admit, gets jobbed a lot)

I would LOVE to see MCU loki's powers explored a little more. Aside from what we got, maybe some energy blasts from his hands or body. Shape shifting, intangibility, and some spells that he can cast. Not verbal spells, but like, with energy blasts and stuff, just spells to like..create an energy shield, or things like that. Aside from Odin, he is Agard's most powerful sorceror. I really hope we get some more magic from loki. Not tricks, just his sorcery power explored a little bit more. I would LOVE to see that. If he is battling with whoever, I would love to see him turn himself intangible, or create like a magical force field to block like..spears, or a blast, then he counters with a blast of his own.

I want him to do more than just multiply and that stuff we got now. Loki has SOO many powers

by crown, do you mean on that design on the forehead?

Yup.

and you think we will see frost giant Loki? we only saw it when he was around cold. I mean, unless they go to Jotenheim. yeah

I would think that they'd find an excuse to show it, again to remind the audience, and maybe he comes to accept it or something as a story arc. It was a pretty big element for the first film (him discovering) what he really is, so they certainly should show that again.

I don't think cold is required, but a final straw circumstance where he may need to use his powers as a FG to do something, or just out of anger showing Thor what he is, as Thor has not seen him in that form... so yeah. I think we'll see Frost Giant Loki at least once.

Since this is a Loki thread, I would just like to say this, one thing that has..dissappointed me so far.

I really hope, aside from character, we get to see Loki's powers explored a bit more. So far, we have seen, astral projection, mind control, and teleportation.

Honestly, in the books, in terms of overall power, he really isn't that far below Thor. He's taken on Doctor Strange, and even the Silver Surfer (who I will admit, gets jobbed a lot)

I would LOVE to see MCU loki's powers explored a little more. Aside from what we got, maybe some energy blasts from his hands or body. Shape shifting, intangibility, and some spells that he can cast. Not verbal spells, but like, with energy blasts and stuff, just spells to like..create an energy shield, or things like that. Aside from Odin, he is Agard's most powerful sorceror. I really hope we get some more magic from loki. Not tricks, just his sorcery power explored a little bit more. I would LOVE to see that. If he is battling with whoever, I would love to see him turn himself intangible, or create like a magical force field to block like..spears, or a blast, then he counters with a blast of his own.

I want him to do more than just multiply and that stuff we got now. Loki has SOO many powers

Oh, I'm with you, again I think they have to be careful not to make anyone so powerful that they can't be realistically challenged, but he definitely needs to show more power, and not just with a staff or a scepter.

The Frost Giant powers for instance, not a part of comics Loki but certainly should be a part of MCU Loki, yet he's never used any of that (not counting the casket of ancient winters use). And if he's grown more powerful in the time between Thor 1 and Avengers then why didn't we see him using more power when fighting the Avengers? So that's another thing that may need explaining, if he suddenly was able to do a bunch of things like shape shifting and yet didn't use that in Avengers to win or get away. (I'm not sure he didn't use teleportation in Avengers, I think he may have). The Frost Giant stuff, psychologically there are reasons why he wouldn't have used that up until now, like he really hates that part of him, and doesn't want to admit to it at all to anyone, and using that power would do that, but other powers he has, that he's gathered of his time in the "void" or whatever, he should have used in Avengers. Now there is at least one point, I suspect he's holding back what he can do in Avengers, that's when he is put in the cage. Don't think for a second that he couldn't get out of there any time he wanted, but he wanted to be there and play. Aside from that aspect of it, I'm not sure how they'll work more powers in. I hope they can though.

Oh, I'm with you, again I think they have to be careful not to make anyone so powerful that they can't be realistically challenged, but he definitely needs to show more power, and not just with a staff or a scepter.

The Frost Giant powers for instance, not a part of comics Loki but certainly should be a part of MCU Loki, yet he's never used any of that (not counting the casket of ancient winters use). And if he's grown more powerful in the time between Thor 1 and Avengers then why didn't we see him using more power when fighting the Avengers? So that's another thing that may need explaining, if he suddenly was able to do a bunch of things like shape shifting and yet didn't use that in Avengers to win or get away. (I'm not sure he didn't use teleportation in Avengers, I think he may have). The Frost Giant stuff, psychologically there are reasons why he wouldn't have used that up until now, like he really hates that part of him, and doesn't want to admit to it at all to anyone, and using that power would do that, but other powers he has, that he's gathered of his time in the "void" or whatever, he should have used in Avengers. Now there is at least one point, I suspect he's holding back what he can do in Avengers, that's when he is put in the cage. Don't think for a second that he couldn't get out of there any time he wanted, but he wanted to be there and play. Aside from that aspect of it, I'm not sure how they'll work more powers in. I hope they can though.
[/QUOTE]

regarding the frost giant powers, i don't know if he should use that. Cause even in the movie, is still is refered to as an Asgardian. I wouldn't object to it either, but even though he is a frost giant, he seems to be an asgardian in terms of appearance. I think that has to do with odin. Remember when odin picks him up he turns into a regular skinned baby? I see it almost as Odin put a cloke or something over him. a figurative one. Blocking out his frost giant attributes. While he now KNOWS he is a frost giant, the frost giant attributes may still be hidden possibly. That's one way I look at it.

though he is strong. He clearly is phsyically superior to Cap. I'd put him around ironman's strength level. Maybe that is from his frost giant heritage.

I think they can show power without making him look...overpowered. Ya know? Given circumstances, have him do something new, opposed to something old. Combat. I think that would be the best way to display other powers, if he is in combat.

and to jump out for a second, the part of your post I bolded. Unfortunately, I think for that reason, what we see from Loki, in terms of powers, what we have seen so far, is what we get. Unless he "learns" something from Malekith, cause Malekith seems pretty magical. The idea of Loki learning magic from Malekith is laughable, but it COULD be a way to introduce more powers. Or maybe he just practices his magic better after loosing to the avengers, while he is in prison.

Also, what powers did loki gain in between thor 1 and avengers? Are you reffering to Tom's comment? Cause technically it isn'tt canon. While he had an emotional change, and a weapon, I don't think anything says he got more power. Though he did mind control selvig, or atleast influence him in the after credit scene of thor. So, that feat is there. MCU Loki HAS mind control abilities. So I don't know why he needed the sceptor to do it in the avengers.

as I said, I think the best way to introduce new powers is maybe he teaches himself in prison, learns from malekith. And in combat, in a big battle, he uses new power. Or even something as simple as during combat, he does something we haven't seen before. Someone else makes a comment, like 'where did that come from?"

and Loki just responds with "I've been practicing" that is a way they could explain simply for new powers i ythink

He says " I have grown in my exile" to Thor in Avengers, and the other says he was given ancient knowledge by Thanos... so I was thinking that all points to him being more powerful than he was in Thor 1. Plus physically he is bigger and stronger than he was in Thor 1, but that is probably more of a visual thing that they felt was necessary to subliminally show the audience that he was going to be a challenge to the Avengers, even after being defeated by Thor in Thor 1.

I think some explanation for a new power popping up could honestly be he was holding back because it was part of whatever game he was playing, and he's a poker player and doesn't want to show all of his cards (or in this instance doesnt' want everyone to know everything he can do in case he needs it later)

One thing I wonder though, if he could teleport in Thor 1, then why doesn't he just teleport out from underneath Mjolnir? LOL

Last edited:
He says " I have grown in my exile" to Thor in Avengers, and the other says he was given ancient knowledge by Thanos... so I was thinking that all points to him being more powerful than he was in Thor 1. Plus physically he is bigger and stronger than he was in Thor 1, but that is probably more of a visual thing that they felt was necessary to subliminally show the audience that he was going to be a challenge to the Avengers, even after being defeated by Thor in Thor 1.

I think some explanation for a new power popping up could honestly be he was holding back because it was part of whatever game he was playing, and he's a poker player and doesn't want to show all of his cards (or in this instance doesnt' want everyone to know everything he can do in case he needs it later)

One thing I wonder though, if he could teleport in Thor 1, then why doesn't he just teleport out from underneath Mjolnir? LOL

When he said "i have grown in my exile" I always thought he was talking about intelligence. Though he certainly could have been talking about power

and he seemed bigger cause of his outfit, no? I feel like someone like Loki wouldn't need a size increase to show he's increase in power, since after all, he is a magic user. I agree about the holding back thing.

Honestly, if he just uses powers out of the blue, I'd be fine with that, and be fine with saying, "well obviously he held back in the other movies" :up:

I feel like someone like Loki wouldn't need a size increase to show he's increase in power, since after all, he is a magic user. I agree about the holding back thing.

There is an unwritten law somewhere, I think it was started by anime fans, where it states the smaller a character is the more powerful they tend to be in attack, especially psychic or magical attacks. This can be illustrated with very many characters from various genres, like for me being the Monster Hunter nut that I am the Shakalaka from Freedom Unite. Very small creatures but they do a ton of damage. I think in Thor 2 that Thor will learn that magic can be just as powerful as might can as I think that Malekith will own Thor in a fight with his sheer mastery of magic, a thing that won't slip past Loki's notice I wager, hence the suggestion Loki will be flip flopping in this movie. Most likely he'd be using Malekith to further his knowledge in magic, perhaps Malekith being a stand in for the sorcerer Loki learned the Dark Arts from in the comics.

When he said "i have grown in my exile" I always thought he was talking about intelligence. Though he certainly could have been talking about power

and he seemed bigger cause of his outfit, no? I feel like someone like Loki wouldn't need a size increase to show he's increase in power, since after all, he is a magic user. I agree about the holding back thing.

Honestly, if he just uses powers out of the blue, I'd be fine with that, and be fine with saying, "well obviously he held back in the other movies" :up:

There is an unwritten law somewhere, I think it was started by anime fans, where it states the smaller a character is the more powerful they tend to be in attack, especially psychic or magical attacks. This can be illustrated with very many characters from various genres, like for me being the Monster Hunter nut that I am the Shakalaka from Freedom Unite. Very small creatures but they do a ton of damage. I think in Thor 2 that Thor will learn that magic can be just as powerful as might can as I think that Malekith will own Thor in a fight with his sheer mastery of magic, a thing that won't slip past Loki's notice I wager, hence the suggestion Loki will be flip flopping in this movie. Most likely he'd be using Malekith to further his knowledge in magic, perhaps Malekith being a stand in for the sorcerer Loki learned the Dark Arts from in the comics.

Supposedly he's a "master of magic" already, per Hogun in Thor, so I don't know that he needs a mentor now, per se, and I still think he learned some stuff he hasn't shown yet while he was with Thanos. but it's possible that Malekith or someone else was a mentor in the past (going back to my idea in the plots thread about Loki possibly having personal connections that might help the story along in Thor 2)

And I don't want to have to go look these quotes up but I know both Joss and Tom had commented on the concern that if Loki was beat by Thor in Thor 1, how could he be a challenge to all the Avengers in that film? and so one of the ways they dialed up the menace is by bulking Loki up to make him more menacing looking (and he's definitely bulked up from Thor, maybe not as much as he was when he auditioned to be Thor, but he was heavier than he was as Loki in Thor 1). And he's certainly back to being lighter now, so it'll be interesting to see if his costume just bulks him up or what. (can't cover that if he's shirtless though!)

Supposedly he's a "master of magic" already, per Hogun in Thor, so I don't know that he needs a mentor now, per se, and I still think he learned some stuff he hasn't shown yet while he was with Thanos. but it's possible that Malekith or someone else was a mentor in the past (going back to my idea in the plots thread about Loki possibly having personal connections that might help the story along in Thor 2)

Ah yes but the true master of anything is never content with what they already know. They always crave more knowledge like sponges crave moisture.

And by Asgardian terms Loki would be a master of magic because I wager most Asgardians save for a few like Amora and Sigyn devote their time to learning the arcane. I had heard that Malekith has traveled from the past into the future so maybe the idea that Malekith taught Loki about the Dark Arts in the past has some truth to it. Plus someone that was Loki's mentor might be sacrificed to Surtur just to make the comic fans happy.

Ah yes but the true master of anything is never content with what they already know. They always crave more knowledge like sponges crave moisture.

And by Asgardian terms Loki would be a master of magic because I wager most Asgardians save for a few like Amora and Sigyn devote their time to learning the arcane. I had heard that Malekith has traveled from the past into the future so maybe the idea that Malekith taught Loki about the Dark Arts in the past has some truth to it. Plus someone that was Loki's mentor might be sacrificed to Surtur just to make the comic fans happy.

Oh, don't even open up the who should kill Malekith conversation! Jaqua99 will have at thee! LOL Much as I want Loki to take out another villain, Malekith's death will likely come the same way it does in the comics.

Oh, don't even open up the who should kill Malekith conversation! Jaqua99 will have at thee! LOL Much as I want Loki to take out another villain, Malekith's death will likely come the same way it does in the comics.

I don't know what he'd be so worried about. If they kill off Malekith in this movie he'll regenerate and be played by David Tenant in the next one. :oldrazz:

Oooo! Now THAT I want to see! :woot:

Oh I tried so hard not to make any Whovian jokes and failed so miserably. >_<

Doctor Who related but should Tom not be able to play Loki in the future God forbid the current Doctor Matt Smith I think would be a good replacement. Yes, his doctor is like a nutty professor type, but when the character gets a bit dark Matt Smith is convincingly unsettling.

ughhh lol the idea od malekith being superior to loki in magic, or to beating thor in a fight lol. but they will do what they must. Malekith is a character who certainly has the look for a very powerful sorceror

ughhh lol the idea od malekith being superior to loki in magic, or to beating thor in a fight lol. but they will do what they must. Malekith is a character who certainly has the look for a very powerful sorceror

Well maybe not superior to Loki just has had more experience with the Dark Arts. You see I'd wager using Dark magic doesn't fly in Odin's household so Loki while being very powerful would need a master of the Dark Arts to boost his knowledge. But seriously, do people here want Malekith to be a badass or kept in the second string Thor villain tier? Really, Malekith being beefed up in this movie is a good thing guys because Loki can't be the only tough villain in the movie universe. A Hero is only as good as his villains and making Malekith a push over just to please Loki fans is not going to set him up as a real threat.

I'd like to see a pretty equal grudge match between the two. (Loki-Malekith) still hoping we'll get that at some point in Thor 2

Loki vs. Malekith would be an awesome fight, especially if MCU Malekith is beefed up from his comic counterpart.

From a charity event Tom was at today...
tumblr_mf3ahcoqYT1rtm3m4o1_1280.jpg

*sigh...*:hrt:

tumblr_mf2xo5fPqr1ry2r9yo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I should have said "prepare yourselves ladies" lol.. and to put some pillows on the floor or something to soften your fall.

You okay Silvermoon? ;)

A few more here.

http://rakirakiraki.tumblr.com/

I'm hoping someone had the sense to tape it and it'll be up on youtube soon. :)

Last edited:
I should have said "prepare yourselves ladies" lol.. and to put some pillows on the floor or something to soften your fall.

You okay Silvermoon? ;)

A few more here.

http://rakirakiraki.tumblr.com/

I'm hoping someone had the sense to tape it and it'll be up on youtube soon. :)
*lol* yeah... at least we have carpeted floors :oldrazz:

It's just..... DAYUM!!! :hrt::hrt: it's the suit I tell ya... him wearing a nicely tailored suit does it every single time - those things should come with a hazard warning or something. *lol*

It's just..... DAYUM!!! :hrt::hrt: it's the suit I tell ya... him wearing a nicely tailored suit does it every single time - those things should come with a hazard warning or something. *lol*

Yeah, he's looking good in those photos!

I'm quite impressed with the camera, almost like being there. :D

If he's 1/2 as gorgeous in the movie as he is in these, the movie screens (and some theater goers) might just instaneously combust. :cwink:

Well maybe not superior to Loki just has had more experience with the Dark Arts. You see I'd wager using Dark magic doesn't fly in Odin's household so Loki while being very powerful would need a master of the Dark Arts to boost his knowledge. But seriously, do people here want Malekith to be a badass or kept in the second string Thor villain tier? Really, Malekith being beefed up in this movie is a good thing guys because Loki can't be the only tough villain in the movie universe. A Hero is only as good as his villains and making Malekith a push over just to please Loki fans is not going to set him up as a real threat.

Not that I don't want to see it, cause I do. Malekith would look great on screen. Personally, I just mean its SO WEIRD to see it, like it's weird and confusing. that's all :D

Hmm...he does look nice in tailored suits, but I really prefer his scruffy, unrefined look better. It makes me chuckle in a positive way because as a huge Tolkien fan I think of him as the World's tallest Hobbit. I just love his curly, Hobbit hair a lot. But it seems that fame is taking that away from me though. :( I'm just very intimidated by guys that dress that way because it means there's a bit of snootiness and vanity there. Those kind of people are subversively nasty and condescending when you can't hear what they're saying.

Not that I don't want to see it, cause I do. Malekith would look great on screen. Personally, I just mean its SO WEIRD to see it, like it's weird and confusing. that's all :D

The universe is generally a very weird place my friend. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"