Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Once you post, you can't un-post (you can't delete your post). The best you can do is edit it and remove all content.

Let's play a little game called what is Loki thinking?

tumblr_mbfc9fEzga1qbc3rzo9_r1_250.gif

This image is from the scene where Odin banishes Thor and the moment just after when Odin says "you are unworthy of the loved ones you have betrayed" to Thor.

^^Once you post, you can't un-post (you can't delete your post). The best you can do is edit it and remove all content.

hey now, sure you can. I've seen many others do it before, including you american maid! lol

oh wait nevermind, you are explaining what I did to godzilla :p

This image is from the scene where Odin banishes Thor and the moment just after when Odin says "you are unworthy of the loved ones you have betrayed" to Thor.

"yesssssssss"

"Why does Godzilla2000 want to fantasy cast me as Hermes in a God of War Movie Trilogy when she knows in the end I would violently get my legs ripped off by Kratos for my boots and bleed to death?"

But seriously, I'd think in character Loki's thinking about what Odin would do to him when he finds out about his even more treacherous betrayals.

Last edited:
"This. . .is more than I bargained for."

I can see that as a possibility.

"yesssssssss"

I'm trying to bite my tongue here and let people say what they want but I dont' know how this look even remotely says "yessssssssss".... :whatever: :oldrazz:

I mean, that is NOT a happy triumphant look on his face. And no one is paying any attention to him or looking at him at all (other than the audience). Thor and Odin are totally engrossed in their own conversation... so he's not putting on the sad puppy dog eyes for them, certainly.

I think drawing from the line he says later when talking to Sif and the Warriors 3 ("I had no idea father would banish him for what he did!"), and that moment that he tries to interrupt but is HAARRGHed at by Odin, that he is sorry there for his part in Thor's comeuppance there. So while he had his part in them winding up on Jotunheim, he had no idea that Odin would be so upset with Thor as to banish him. I think he wanted Thor to tick off Odin yes, to push back the coronation (at THAT point in the movie) but not to get rid of Thor permanently (at THAT point in the movie).

He also possibly could be worrying about the punishment he might get after Odin is done with Thor, but based on the amount of anger that Loki shows Odin in the Vault scene, I don't think he's THAT afraid of Odin getting angry back at him and punishing him. If he was afraid of Odin punishing him for insolence, he wouldn't have lashed out so strongly at him in the vault. (angry asking "What am I? What more than that?", "The casket wasn't the only think you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?" and screaming "TELLLLLLL MEEEEE!" Those aren't ways that you speak to someone you are afraid of.)

But seriously, I'd think in character Loki's thinking about what Odin would do to him when he finds out about his even more treacherous betrayals.

possibly he could be worrying about himself, but then see what I wrote above about him not seeming at all afraid of Odin punishing him in the vault.

Now what do you think, is that possibly part of the problem? Loki gets away with things that Thor doesn't, because Odin loves Thor enough to punish him so harshly, and yet give him a chance for redemption. But Loki at least feels that he is the less important, less loved, (now learned) adopted son, and it sort of comes through at least subconsciously. He feels at least subconsciously that Odin wouldn't have been so disappointed in Thor, to punish him so harshly, if he didn't love him so much, and yet Loki gets away with more because Odin doesn't care as much? This is just an idea I'm playing with, not sure how I feel about this yet.

Last edited:
I don't think he's THAT afraid of Odin getting angry back at him and punishing him. If he was afraid of Odin punishing him for insolence, he wouldn't have lashed out so strongly at him in the vault. (angry asking "What am I? What more than that?", "The casket wasn't the only think you took from Jotunheim that day, was it?" and screaming "TELLLLLLL MEEEEE!" Those aren't ways that you speak to someone you are afraid of.)

Well, Odin is one of his parents, someone he knows very well. So you can have a mixture of fear and frustration and instinctively go to push that person's buttons without thinking much about the consequences.

possibly he could be worrying about himself, but then see what I wrote above about him not seeming at all afraid of Odin punishing him in the vault.

Now what do you think, is that possibly part of the problem? Loki gets away with things that Thor doesn't, because Odin loves Thor enough to punish him so harshly, and yet give him a chance for redemption. But Loki at least feels that he is the less important, less loved, (now learned) adopted son, and it sort of comes through at least subconsciously. He feels at least subconsciously that Odin wouldn't have been so disappointed in Thor, to punish him so harshly, if he didn't love him so much, and yet Loki gets away with more because Odin doesn't care as much? This is just an idea I'm playing with, not sure how I feel about this yet.

I can see that, if at some level Odin just doesn't expect as much out of Loki. I'm not certain movie Odin is that ambivalent, though. They seem to be showing him as genuinely loving his children. Prior to the lines you quote, Loki asks, "What am I?" and Odin replies, "You're my son." And the delivery of that line is warm.

Loki's thinking "oh no! Brother and Father are ruining the chances of a family trip to McDonald's! The best food on Midgard!" :D

Yep, that kind of stuff was what prevented many McDonald's trips when I was a kid.

I can see that as a possibility.

I'm trying to bite my tongue here and let people say what they want but I dont' know how this look even remotely says "yessssssssss".... :whatever: :oldrazz:

Not gunna lie Elizah, I tried to think of the thing that looked the least like it, meaning, the one that wouldn't make any sense :word: so yes, how one could assume he is thinking "yessssssss" is beyond me, so that's why I said it :D

Not gunna lie Elizah, I tried to think of the thing that looked the least like it, meaning, the one that wouldn't make any sense :word: so yes, how one could assume he is thinking "yessssssss" is beyond me, so that's why I said it :D

Ah-haaaa! Okay. LOL Gotcha.

jPfZO.gif

Causing mischief, I see.

How apropos! :woot:

Ughh.... I love new Tom quotes about Thor 2 as much as the next person but I wish he would say something new! :(

He's probably only authorized to say certain things. Once he finds a phrase that's safe, he probably wants to stick with it.

Take heart--only 310 days now!

I know, I know... just blahhh.... I want some Thor2 pictures or artwork with Loki already! :( Hopefully soon.

We were talking the other day in PM about Lawrence of Arabia and it occurred to me if they were to remake that, Tom would make an absolutely fantastic T.E. Lawrence. :D

Ughh.... I love new Tom quotes about Thor 2 as much as the next person but I wish he would say something new! :(

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/hiddleston-teases-about-thor-2-16256233.html

blah.

btw, don't the toys for the films come out several months prior to release? How early do they usually come out? (I'm starting to think we won't see Loki until then! UGH!)
It's those pesky Marvel Snipers that he's afraid of, they follow him around everywhere ;)

We were talking the other day in PM about Lawrence of Arabia and it occurred to me if they were to remake that, Tom would make an absolutely fantastic T.E. Lawrence. :D

I can see that. The review I had mentioned said that the movie asks, "Who is Lawrence?" and that it shows that Lawrence himself struggles with that question. It's plain from his work in the Marvel franchise that Hiddleston would portray that well.

There was a lot that was so well done in the original, though, that I think a new project would struggle to define itself and not invite comparison to the 1962 version.

haha this is good
hey, what if I actually AM loki? and this is all a disguise, and a cover??...

Somehow I suspect that the real Loki would spend far less time on a messageboard talking about the new Thor movie and more time trying to figure out ways he can sabotage the new Thor movie. :oldrazz:

... such as casting an incredibly sweet gorgeous British gentleman to depict him in such a way that most of the audience has what the Midgardians call "major feels" for him, and he amasses a HUGE Fangirl (and boy) army, many of whom love him more than his brother Thor! :oldrazz:

that's it. Kenneth Brannagh must be the real Loki then. :cwink:

Last edited:
Somehow I suspect that the real Loki would spend far less time on a messageboard talking about the new Thor movie and more time trying to figure out ways he can sabotage the new Thor movie. :oldrazz:

... such as casting an incredibly sweet gorgeous British gentleman to depict him in such a way that most of the audience has what the Midgardians call "major feels" for him, and he amasses a HUGE Fangirl (and boy) army, many of whom love him more than his brother Thor! :oldrazz:

that's it. Kenneth Brannagh must be the real Loki then. :cwink:

hahahah so true. But yeah, not just Loki, but all of it, I am starting to get irritated by the lack of Thor 2 footage/pictures

hey, what if I actually AM loki? and this is all a disguise, and a cover??...

Well, that *would* be consistent with your earlier claim that we had tried to put Chris Hemsworth's face on your body. . . .:oldrazz:

Are you sure?? http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=24752497&highlight=lokirules#post24752497

:woot:

hahahah so true. But yeah, not just Loki, but all of it, I am starting to get irritated by the lack of Thor 2 footage/pictures

and it's not like he's going to look all THAT different from the last two time. :whatever: But still, it would be nice to see him in costume just to reaffirm that he's in it. (not that I'm doubting he will be, lol)

Well, that *would* be consistent with your earlier claim that we had tried to put Chris Hemsworth's face on your body. . . .:oldrazz:

ROFLMAO!!!! Um... did that come out the way you wanted AM? :whatever:

Nonetheless, there are few people on this planet who wouldn't want Chris Hemsworth's face on their body. :woot: although some would prefer Tom Hiddleston have a go first. :cwink:

Oh, but that's not fair! That would hypothetically be on the Thorhaters forum on the nine realms internet. They must have an internet between realms, because where else would they go to find out the dirt on Odin's declining strength, and the rest of the Asgardian Royal family, like who is adopted and what Midgardian female has caught Thor's eye. ;)

ROFLMAO!!!! Um... did that come out the way you wanted AM? :whatever:

Hey, he said it, not me.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=24775907&postcount=322

Elizah had said:
Oh, but that's not fair! That would hypothetically be on the Thorhaters forum on the nine realms internet. They must have an internet between realms, because where else would they go to find out the dirt on Odin's declining strength, and the rest of the Asgardian Royal family, like who is adopted and what Midgardian female has caught Thor's eye. ;)

It's Loki talking about the new Thor movie on a Thor message board. It's all there in black-and-whatever-background-color-you've-chosen.

(Part of what made that so hilarious is the thought of Loki wasting his time posting to a message board to the brother that he can't stand.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"