Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam Reviews

War Party

Ve vant ze money,Lebowski
Reaction score
From IGN:7.0

6.5 Presentation
The overall style is pretty solid, but the weak interface and low res video is sub par. Working with track lists is annoying as well. Where’s “Free Skate” mode?

7.0 Graphics
It isn’t horrendous, but Downhill Jam leaves a lot to be desired. 480p and 16:9 was a great choice, but we need crisper visuals and a stronger graphics engine this generation.

7.5 Sound
The sound effect work is a bit basic, but the track list is solid. 40 licensed tracks is a good grip of tunes.

7.5 Gameplay
The controls work, but they need some fine-tuning. Sensitivity customization and the addition of manuals and reverts would help in the future. It seems a bit too basic as is.

7.0 Lasting Appeal
Depending on your intentions, Hawk could be a solid choice. Single player is decent, but multiplayer is where it’s at. 18 slots for saved ghost runs is a cool addition as well.

my brothers picking up this game so im lookin forward to gettin a chance to play it, wouldnt buy it but im probly gonna play the hell out of it.

Man, all these crappy wii scores is bumming me out. The fact that PS3 titles have a better track record so far is just disappointing.

jaydawg said:
Man, all these crappy wii scores is bumming me out. The fact that PS3 titles have a better track record so far is just disappointing.

But remember, these are launch titles. They are never that good. I think Zelda is the exception and Monkey Ball got a great review. And actually, the average ratings for the launch games, according to IGN, are 7.3 for PS3 and 7.7 for Wii launch games.

wow... the wii games are getting some pretty bad scores so far. the only decent ones are trauma center, and monkey ball.

i'm sure zelda'll be the exception, but i'd rather play that on the cube with a normal controller.

Mr. Credible said:
wow... the wii games are getting some pretty bad scores so far. the only decent ones are trauma center, and monkey ball.

i'm sure zelda'll be the exception, but i'd rather play that on the cube with a normal controller.

Yes, we know you rather play the Gamecube version. We don't care and you're annoying

These are all new games from the ground up basically. They're not FPS type things you expect from a PS3 or 360. Once people start getting the hang of the controller, and learning how to develop for the system moreso, it should improve. Lest we forget how Kameo and King Kong looked last Xmas.

Good point. But still.... wii looked like the greatest launch ever.

We should ALL keep in mind that reviews are going to knock the Wii on sound and graphics. It doesn't look amazingly real (nor does the PS3, still looks like fake CGI to me) so that's at LEAST one solid point off a review. It also doesn't support HD...another complaint. The sound won't blow your ears off either, another check against it.

So basically, the PS3 looks and sounds real, whereas the Wii feels real. Choose your alliance, geeks of the world.

Now you're playing with power. PHYSICAL POWER.

Somebody actually had the gall to say to me at Target today that the SixAxis is just as good as the Wii-mote.

Mr. Credible said:

I wouldn't call 7 a 'pretty bad score'. It's average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"