"Every other console is outdated as of today."

Horrorfan said:
I'm comparing all three as buisnesses, the only true measure of each companie's worth.

But we're talking about their respective roles in the video-game industry. Isn't it only logical to only discuss that?

My point is, Nintendo can't afford to spend as much developing new tech (and no, a glorified light gun DOESN'T count) as either sony or microsoft. They make huge profits on software, thus they can afford to loose more.

They can. But going down a road of such complacency won't advance the industry and will only serve to make videogames even more of a niche market. But what they are doing now is in no way inferior to what Xbox and Playstation are offering, which is what you're implying.

TheGrayGhost said:
But we're talking about their respective roles in the video-game industry. Isn't it only logical to only discuss that?

They can. But going down a road of such complacency won't advance the industry and will only serve to make videogames even more of a niche market. But what they are doing now is in no way inferior to what Xbox and Playstation are offering, which is what you're implying.

If it doesn't look as good, sound as good, and doesn't have as good online capabilities...that sounds pretty inferior to me.

And no, we are arguing which company makes more of a profit, and is worth more overall. AFAIK, there aren't any stats for purely one or two consoles, just yearly earnings, so it's the best way of comparing.

Fenrir said:
Like I said, all the Zelda games are basically the same since Ocarina of Time, save for a few gameplay mechanics and a fresh coat of paint, which is like, the standard formula for sequels in the industry that Nintendo fans are oh-so-proud of lambasting at for being "stale" and "unimaginative". Take away the day/night system from Majora's Mask and Wind Waker's sailing element and the cartoony visuals and then try telling me just how incredibly different or boldly inventive are those games from other Zelda games.

Take them away? Why? What would be the point? Reviewing a game based on omission of the game's concepts seems very illogical to me. You have take these evolutions into context and accept them as part of the whole. You seem way off base to me.

TheGrayGhost said:

Yes, when you consider the fact that Nintendo has a greater role in the videogame hardware market (consoles+handhelds) than Microsoft (consoles only). I mean, d'uh. :whatever:

Oh and if you want to include PC gaming in as well, then the earnings by Microsoft's Windows division must be taken into account as well, considering the fact that it is the premiere operating system for PC gaming. And you know what that will do to this entire argument. :ninja:

Horrorfan said:
If it doesn't look as good, sound as good, and doesn't have as good online capabilities...that sounds pretty inferior to me.

And therein lies the differences between the Nintendo gamer and the Microsoft/Sony gamer. I value things differently than you do. It's just the way it is.

And no, we are arguing which company makes more of a profit, and is worth more overall. AFAIK, there aren't any stats for purely one or two consoles, just yearly earnings, so it's the best way of comparing.

Yes we were. But in the video-game industry. Afterall, this is a video-gaming forum. That's all I'm interested in, at least.

360 = Cutting edge graphics and fun, intense gameplay.
Wii = Revolutionary control system, fun classic games.
Ps3 = Getting money by ripping off custmers.

TheGrayGhost said:
Take them away? Why? What would be the point? Reviewing a game based on omission of the game's concepts seems very illogical to me. You have take these evolutions into context and accept them as part of the whole. You seem way off base to me.

What I'm trying to point out here that the additional gameplay mechanics in the Zelda games are no greater than those found in most well-recieved sequels on other consoles that Nintendo fans are so proud of demeaning, yet the very mention of a Zelda game equals geekgasm for these fanboys. And that's where the hypocrisy comes in.

Fenrir said:
What I'm trying to point out here that the additional gameplay mechanics in the Zelda games are no greater than those found in most well-recieved sequels on other consoles that Nintendo fans are so proud of demeaning, yet the very mention of a Zelda game equals geekgasm for these fanboys. And that's where the hypocrisy comes in.

That's where you and I part ways.

TheGrayGhost said:
That's where you and I part ways.

jack_truth.gif

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

While I love Nintendo.... I have to say, GrayGhost's blanket statements are really starting to piss me off. No Nintendo has not made the other two consoles outdated. If anything, you could argue Nintendo's stubborn refusal to make a system as powerful as its competitors makes the wii outdated.

Oh and for the record, Zelda is the finest franchise in gaming history, with by far, the highest amount of quality than Mario, Halo, God Of War, Pokemon, Resident Evil, etc combined. Fact.

jaydawg said:
While I love Nintendo.... I have to say, GrayGhost's blanket statements are really starting to piss me off.

Which blanket statements?

No Nintendo has not made the other two consoles outdated.

Well, I didn't say that. My friend who went to the Nintendo Fusion Tour did. Admittedly, though, I do agree with him. Even now, playing my DS, trying to play on a console, even the GameCube, feels restricting.

jaydawg said:
Oh and for the record, Zelda is the finest franchise in gaming history, with by far, the highest amount of quality than Mario, Halo, God Of War, Pokemon, Resident Evil, etc combined. Fact.

Wrong. Because I'd rather play all those games than just Zelda.

TheGrayGhost said:
What's your point? I never said that it does help the gamer. Your taking my statements out of context.

Then what purpose does it serve to argue over a point that neither serves nor is concerned with gamers in any way? :confused:

I mean, who the **** cares which side made the most profit? I really don't see how the notion of greater earnings made my one's favorite company is in any way, shape or form comforting to the gamer, of all people.

Fenrir said:
Then what purpose does it serve to argue over a point that neither serves nor is concerned with gamers in any way? :confused:

I mean, who the **** cares which side made the most profit? I really don't see how the notion of greater earnings made my one's favorite company is in any way, shape or form comforting to the gamer, of all people.

Because Horrorfan brought up sales figures and predictions. It's just a topic of discussion is all.

Fenrir said:
Wrong. Because I'd rather play all those games than just Zelda.
Then you suck at life.

And this thread really needs to die.

TheGrayGhost said:
Because Horrorfan brought up sales figures and predictions. It's just a topic of discussion is all.

But his point was to illustrate that Microsoft's Xbox was a more successful and more popular console in the market than Nintendo's Gamecube. But Nintendo fanboys love to spin that into the inappropriate "but Ninty earns greater profit" argument.

jaydawg said:
Then you suck at life.

I'm not saying Zelda is bad or anything. It's just isn't collectively as good as all those other games combined.

"All are equal , but some are more equal than others."

jaydawg said:
Then you suck at life.

And this thread really needs to die.

Why? So far, it is the one of the few in this particular forum that has meaningful discussion.

Not really. Its one giant "Nintendo rules!!!" "No, Nintendo Sucks!!!!" thread.

Gammy79 said:
360 = Cutting edge graphics and fun, intense gameplay.
Wii = Revolutionary control system, fun classic games.
Ps3 = Getting money by ripping off custmers.

Probably the truest thing said on these boards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"