Top 5 TV Show's Of 2019

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
pop-tv2019-1-1577808246.jpg

Think we've had quite a few different ones for movies but didn't think I had seen anyone dedicated to the small screen. So with that in mind I thought it would be interesting to see what everybody's top 5 show's of 2019 have been? Oh and I know it may be hard but please no spoilers.

I will start us off (in no particular order)

1. The Mandalorian - After less than stellar outings at TFA, TLJ and now ROTS I was left wondering if my time of enjoying the Star Wars universe was finally over. Thankfully those thought were quickly quashed after just the first episode of this show and it just got progressively better and better as time went on. Not only did it capture my interest massively put its left me excited for Star Wars streaming shows in general.
  2. The Boys - Well this was probably my biggest shock tv show in terms of 2019, went in having no idea what to expect and somehow this show still managed to shock me (to my very core at times) but the writing and the individual personalities of each of the different members of the teams make it for a super unique experience in the superhero genre. Got to give massive credit to Kripe & Ennis for the writing of this sho.
  3. The Witcher - With Game of Thrones being a bit of a let down this season and coming to an end altogether I was left without a fantasy show to watch, The Witcher has since filled that void, and having no knowledge of the books or games meant I got a totally fresh experience and Henry Cavill just kills it throughout the show as Geralt.
  4. Good Omens - Based on the Novel done by Pratchett & Gaiman this was another one I knew next to nothing about going in but again I usually enjoy things to do with angels and demons so this show quickly had me hooked from start to finish. Without spoiling anything the show's main strength for me was Tennant & Sheen's chemistry they just work so damn well together its infectious.
  5. Doom Patrol - Had no idea what to expect going in to the DC show that on paper looked like a more Motley Crue version of the X-Men. What it turned out to be in my opinion was the best tv show DC has put together since season 1 of The Flash with a full team of characters you want to root for and one of the best main villains any superhero show has had. Of all the shows DC has currently got going this is by far the one I am most looking forward to a season 2.
Honourable mentions to: Umbrella Academy, American Gods, Game of Thrones and BoJack Horseman.

So what are your top 5 and why?

The Boys.

I watch a lot of reality tvbut I wouldn't say they were great last year.

Well, you didn’t say new shows, so I’m including returning shows here...

1. Watchmen
2. Mindhunter
3. Chernobyl
4. Fleabag
5. Killing Eve

Honorable Mentions: The Mandalorian, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Crown

Well, you didn’t say new shows, so I’m including returning shows here...

1. Watchmen
2. Mindhunter
3. Chernobyl
4. Fleabag
5. Killing Eve

Honorable Mentions: The Mandalorian, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Crown

Of course feel free to add returning shows. Mine just happened to all be new releases.

1. Watchmen
  2. Mr. Robot
  3. The Boys
  4. Barry
  5. Ramy
  6. Mindhunter
  7. Legion
  8. Stranger Things
  9. Glow
  10. The Mandolorian

Honorable Mentions

When They See Us
Black Mirror
Undone
Chernobyl
Love, Death & Robots
Game of Thrones
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
The End of the F***ing World

God Tier

Giri/Haji

Excellent

Game of Thrones: The Last Watch

Honorable Mentions

Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling
Hunted (Season 4, UK)
Endeavour (Season 6)
True Detective (Season 3)
Don't Forget the Driver
Ghosts (Season 1, UK)
Stranger Things (Season 3)
Peaky Blinders (Season 5)
Bojack Horseman (Season 6: Part 1)
Dublin Murders
The Demon Headmaster (Season 1 revival)
Rick & Morty (especially Rattlestar Ricklactica)

Worst

Taken (Season 2)
Game of Thrones (Season 8)
Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus
Mindhunter (Season 2)
Lethal Weapon (Season 3)
Final Space (Season 2)
The War of the Worlds (Miniseries)
Responsible Child

Succession
Chernobyl
Watchmen
Mindhunter

Mr Robot

1. When They See Us
2. Chernobyl
3. The Mandalorian
4. Watchmen
5. Mindhunter

My top 5 new to me in no particular order -

1) Watchmen
2) Fleabag
3) Chernobyl
4) Succession
5) The Mandalorian.

If this thread gets a little more traffic I might add everyone's picks up and see what top 5 average out as the forum's best.

God Tier

Giri/Haji

Excellent

Game of Thrones: The Last Watch

Honorable Mentions

Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling
Hunted (Season 4, UK)
Endeavour (Season 6)
True Detective (Season 3)
Don't Forget the Driver
Ghosts (Season 1, UK)
Stranger Things (Season 3)
Peaky Blinders (Season 5)
Bojack Horseman (Season 6: Part 1)
Dublin Murders
The Demon Headmaster (Season 1 revival)
Rick & Morty (especially Rattlestar Ricklactica)

Worst

Taken (Season 2)
Game of Thrones (Season 8)
Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus
Mindhunter (Season 2)
Lethal Weapon (Season 3)
Final Space (Season 2)
The War of the Worlds (Miniseries)
Responsible Child

Completely forgot about this, still throughly enjoyed season 2 but i agree that it just doesnt have the same feel as season 1, still can't wait for season 3 though. Just hope it comes on Netflix UK quicker this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"