Trades or comics?

Cobblepot

Giant-Size Man-Thing
Reaction score
Trades or comics?

What do you prefer?

I prefer the loose comics but I'm leaning towards getting a lot of trades, just for the readability. I don't read most of my comics a second time, but I do read the trades over and over.

I understand, do you wait for a mini series to end and then buy the trade or do you get the comics?

I mostly by trades of comics I already have. When the single issues are worth more than the trade it's worth it to by the trade and leave the single issues alone.

The single issues put together will always cost more than the trade. :confused: Buying trades of comics you already own is in most cases a waste of money. I prefer buying the comics myself, although I will admit that I'll reread a trade more often.

I've recently choosen to drop a lot of books i've been collecting and choosing to just wait for the trades. It's just cheaper, and I need the scratch.

Waiting a month for the next chapter of a 6 part story, or waiting 6 months for a full story? I'm sticking with the floppies.

Harlekin said:
The single issues put together will always cost more than the trade. :confused: Buying trades of comics you already own is in most cases a waste of money. I prefer buying the comics myself, although I will admit that I'll reread a trade more often.

Ditto, I'm far more likely to reread a trade.

Anubis said:
I've recently choosen to drop a lot of books i've been collecting and choosing to just wait for the trades. It's just cheaper, and I need the scratch.
I do the same thing as Anubis. Im tring to stop buying comics from the big 2. Then only buy comics from smaller ones that don't make trades alot.

Harlekin said:
I'm not talking about trades that come out a year after the single issues. I agree that is a waste of money. I get trades of comics that came out when I was a kid whose single issues are worth some bucks. If I want to read the Wolverine mini I read the trade and not the single issues because I don't want to risk damaging the issues. So getting trades of stories you already own is sometimes a wise decision.

I like both. Its fun to have the actual issues, but reading a whole arc or mini in a trade is great. Plus libraries get trades so then I can just read them for free. Thats what I did with Sandman, Batgirl, Hulk and some others. Oh, you can also return trades at some bookstores if you don't like them too. I did that with Y the last man, but I didn't return it cause I didn't like it, it was just cause I needed the money. I think everyone knows what happens when you don't give Stewie his money.:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61MgtYbxxr8

I enjoy both forms.But I can see myself being one of those people dropping floppies entirely and sticking with trades in the future.

Most of my trades are DC too.IMO,they have the better selection over Marvel.

Kool-Aid said:
I like both. Its fun to have the actual issues, but reading a whole arc or mini in a trade is great. Plus libraries get trades so then I can just read them for free. Thats what I did with Sandman, Batgirl, Hulk and some others. Oh, you can also return trades at some bookstores if you don't like them too. I did that with Y the last man, but I didn't return it cause I didn't like it, it was just cause I needed the money. I think everyone knows what happens when you don't give Stewie his money.:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61MgtYbxxr8
That pretty much sums up how I feel.

It depends on when the comic started. If it's already completed or is several issues in, I'll just wait for the trade. If I catch it at the begining, I'll stick with singe issues.

I really prefer trades because of the way you read the story its a more complete format and you get a more fair view of the story as it is everything.
The pacing and everything is complete.

Comics I see as more as an investment as some comics if you spot right the rise in value is freakin awesome. But the irritating is with the comics I am reading nowadays it is cluttered with advertising every few pages that i am interrupted every time once the story gets exciting.

I do both. It pretty much depends on my personal feelings for a title. Like I decided to just pick up Superman and Batman Confidential in trade just to keep my pull list's size down.

I must say though, if buying single issues wasn't essential to sustaining the industry, I'd buy trades exclusively.

I haven't purchased an individual comic for years. I mainly buy Marvel's Essentials and now DC Showcases.

Mostly loose comics. I pick up trades to catch minis that I've heard good things about but didn't bother with during their run or past arcs I need to catch up on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"