trailers that came with the movie -- HELP!!

Sounds like War of the Worlds 2 and this time Tom Cruise means biness, lol.

So the cloverfield thing is showing before Transformers in the US.

The trailers we got were:
Starlight
The Simpsons
Harry Potter 5

Nothing really special.

Should the topic be changend into "Cloverfield Trailer" or something like that now that the mystery is solved?

I saw Transformers as well and the trailer DID say 1-18-08 and J. J. Abrams.
It DID NOT say the name of the film or show what was doing all the damage.
It sounded alot like the roar from the Godzilla remake.
A piece of debris comes shooting towards the crowd in the street and only after it lands can you tell it's Lady Liberty.
They didn't show any actual monsters, aliens, spaceships, giant robots that go "My Bad", or any sign of anything supernatural, sci-fi, or magical, other than the huge explosion being accompanied by that roar.
It definitely helps to have found this thread, because I would have been up all night trying to figure it out.
Thank you.

I saw Transformers as well and the trailer DID say 1-18-08 and J. J. Abrams.
It DID NOT say the name of the film or show what was doing all the damage.
It sounded alot like the roar from the Godzilla remake.
A piece of debris comes shooting towards the crowd in the street and only after it lands can you tell it's Lady Liberty.
They didn't show any actual monsters, aliens, spaceships, giant robots that go "My Bad", or any sign of anything supernatural, sci-fi, or magical, other than the huge explosion being accompanied by that roar.
It definitely helps to have found this thread, because I would have been up all night trying to figure it out.
Thank you.

A teaser that doesn't have the movie's name attached? Correct me if I am wrong, but that is dumb marketing right there.

A teaser that doesn't have the movie's name attached? Correct me if I am wrong, but that is dumb marketing right there.

It's got us talking about it, doesn't it?
Not giving us the name of the movie is just another way to get people talking about it.
If you know what the name is, you might be more inclined to just take note of it and keep an eye out for it instead of actively scouring the internet trying to figure out what it was.
The more time you spend thinking about it, the more likely you are to remember it later on.
It definitely seemed to have the feel of a movie that's aimed more towards the devoted fans than the general public.
It's all about hype.

When people were running in the street, before the statue of liberty's head hit, I thought I heard some guy yell it was a giant lion.

that teaser was pretty cool. i cant wait to see wtf it is

first i'm new here
second Transformers was best movie of it's kind EVER.....
3. Trailer look Great
see website for further details
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/07/01/jj-abrams-cloverfield-director-and-writer-revealed/

JJ Abrams’ Cloverfield Director and Writer Revealed

Posted on Sunday, July 1st, 2007 at 5:26 pm by: Peter Sciretta

statueoflibertynotfrommovie.jpg
Okay, we have a little more information about the JJ Abrams produced top-secret monster movie which is being referred to as Cloverfield. We’re being told that this is just a deceptive production title, and the movie’s real title will be something different. But don’t expect to see any title on the film’s teaser trailer which is attached to Transformers. Paramount reps are even pretending like they’ve never even heard of the project.

The film is 6 months away, there is plenty of time for people to see more and learn the name. Also, I'm not sure if they even have chosen a name yet.

Most importantly though: look at how sticky this is. I came here looking for info on the film. I remember that preview. I don't remember what other previews I saw last night before Transformers. That trailer for 'Cloverfield' was genius.

I'm looking all over and I can't find it on the net anywhere. Theres a party, and it gets interrupted by an earthquake like disturbance. The party goers move to the roof to get a look only to see downtown erupt into a huge explosion. Then there is a very Godzilla like roar and more explosions, as well as a bombardment of debris, which includes the head of the statue of liberty. At the end all it said was 1-18-08.

I just got back, and that trailer was awesome. It's gotta be a monster movie, because there is roaring. That movie looks freiken wicked. My only concern, is that I don't want to see another war of the worlds. I don't want to see an 'invasion' from the ordinary joe's point of view. It's interesting... but I'd much rather see some bad asses taking the thing down. (I.E. I wanna see war of the worlds from a perspective of a character who is more important to the outcome of the movie... not some loser in a minivan running away from everything)

looked amazing, the whole theater was in awe.

none i just remember seeing the style was free cam but it was definetely high budget I doubt an indy film and show the explosions and roar i heard

Yeah I saw that trailer too. It didnt have an name but everyone in the theater got mad hyped for it.

The working title of this film is Cloverfield.

Ohh ok. Good to know. That teaser was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"