Very Spoilerish Interview with MSJ

If GR is nocturnal, then how does Johnny go "Let's Ride!" and transform into GR in the graveyard, during the day, as seen in the International(?) trailer?

roony said:
If GR is nocturnal, then how does Johnny go "Let's Ride!" and transform into GR in the graveyard, during the day, as seen in the International(?) trailer?

its not...its at night. look at the backgound behind Blaze...its a night scene. this will more than likely lead to the other scene where the old west GR and the modern GR are riding side by side in the desert at night.

I'm really happy that MSJ thinks it will be a franchise.
Makes me wonder if Sony would like 3 GR movies.

The only bad thing is that the earliest we can hope to see GR2 is in 2009 because I know Nic is gonna to do some boxing movie with 50 cent and then I think they're gonna be working on National Treasure 2.
Then MSJ is also gonna be doing that Preacher series.

Maybe if they start filming late 2007 or early 2008 they can still get it out by 2009.
Didn't MSJ say that they made a program just for the fire effects cause if that's the case GR2 shouldn't take as long since it isn't new ground.

If they do make a franchise I would love to see a sequel in which GR tries to take full control of Johnny.
Like in a sequel Johnny starts realizing when he is turning back into himself GR just doesn't want to let go and when he is in human form he can hear Ghost Rider's voice telling him what to do.
Like the demon is actually consuming him I think in the first comic it was like that.

Hopefully they won't make it all complicated with Zarathose and all of that stuff.
Just make it to where the audience can see the power struggle like in a dream sequence you see GR trying to kill Johnny something around those lines.

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

National Treasure 2 already started filming from what i understand but yeah 2009/2010 for GR2 would be cool and I wouldn't limit this series to 3 films. I'd imagine after 3 films Nic might hand the reigns down to someone else as Sam Elliot sort of does in this one in an indirect way.

Ghost Rider only being able to fight at night is a cool way to do itl

Great post, Biggun. That's the best interview I've ever read with MSJ. It was very candid and in-depth.

I always crack up when I read his comments regarding Daredevil and Fox. He's very tactful! Must be a battle to avoid saying, "What a bunch of a**holes."

I particularly liked hearing about his reasoning behind adding flame to the eyes because "black just disappears".

Tell you what, I can't wait til Ghost Rider comes out on DVD. There should be a hell of a good documentary on bringing GR to life and the war over creating CG fire!

:yay:

Preacher is going to be so ****ing good

zer00 said:
New stuff on the front page:up:

yeah...lots n' lots of info in those interviews.
sounds like Mark is the bigger GR geek out of the whole bunch...heh

zer00 said:
New stuff on the front page:up:

"I saw this chimp doing karate and I said we've got to put that in the movie. [Laughter]"
-Nic Cage

It's official... this movie now has EVERYTHING! I can't wait for February!

Great interviews. I just get more and more excited. It seems to be all coming together beautifully and the reaction of non-GR fans sounds largely positive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: we're very fortunate that such a talented and knowledgeable team, and such a cooperative studio, are behind the film.

:yay:

YJ1 said:
"I saw this chimp doing karate and I said we've got to put that in the movie. [Laughter]"
-Nic Cage

It's official... this movie now has EVERYTHING! I can't wait for February!
As Kevin Smith once said

this film has everything to make it an instant classic, with the exception of a monkey

well we have one

zer00 said:
As Kevin Smith once said

this film has everything to make it an instant classic, with the exception of a monkey

well we have one
Do we have the makings of a BJ and the Bear remake!!!!! lol

That's a concept I can't get enough of

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back