New transformers interview with Michael bay and animatic descriptions

Movies205 said:
You brought in other critics that's what I thought was your intention. Either way though you don't even like TF so why does it matter to you? Or are you just here to state your opinion on Bay?

I actually like Bays movies for the most part. If anyone can make Transformers interesting to me it's him. You're looking for a fight where there isn't one.

Fettastic said:
I actually like Bays movies for the most part. If anyone can make Transformers interesting to me it's him. You're looking for a fight where there isn't one.

I'm sorry the following lines gave the wrong impression

"If you're trying to prove Bay is a good filmmaker, it's probably best to just pretend Bad Boys II doesn't exist."

and

I'm having a hard time believing this film could possibly be anything above diaper drippings. I've never understood the massive amount of love for this show. I watched it a few times, it was ok. I certainly never thought it was anything other than excuses to change trucks into giant robots. It was essentially Power Rangers with robots. Meh, I don't get it.

Movies205 said:
I'm sorry the following lines gave the wrong impression

"If you're trying to prove Bay is a good filmmaker, it's probably best to just pretend Bad Boys II doesn't exist."

--------------------I think it's best if we ALL forget that film exists.

and

I'm having a hard time believing this film could possibly be anything above diaper drippings. I've never understood the massive amount of love for this show. I watched it a few times, it was ok. I certainly never thought it was anything other than excuses to change trucks into giant robots. It was essentially Power Rangers with robots. Meh, I don't get it.

Yeah......and? I wasn't even talking to you at that point. I was just throwing in my two cents.

i have a feeling all the naysayers will be eating their words once we see some footage...

Movies205 said:
Opps, I can't speak for Armageddon cuz I haven't seen it in a long time ubt I think you're wrong. Bad Boys 2 has a story to it and some decent characters the thing is we're going for the action. I like teh struggle between Will Smith and Martin Lawrence characters, I like how one is the hero and the other's the family man. I like exploring that more when you see what Martin Lawrence's character sister gets involved with WIll Smith. There's a lot of really great stuff to it. I don't know the thing is if you don't like action movies that's cool but you can't be complaining about Bad Boys 2 when it's king of the crop, at least for American Cinema. I also absolutely love the visual style to Micheal Bay's films.

like i said, its not something i really feel like debating. you like his films, thats totally cool, its your opinion, and im all for that. the vast majority of his films just dont do it for me....even as a mere popcorn action flick. now, i hope transformers is good, i want it to be good....its just right now i dont see that happening, personally....and thats based on my personal feelings towards bays track record, and what little i know about the film thus far. but i'll give the film its fair shake when its released, like i always do.

Motown Marvel said:
the vast majority of his films just dont do it for me....even as a mere popcorn action flick. now, i hope transformers is good, i want it to be good....its just right now i dont see that happening

it depends on what your definition of "good" is...

...if you want eye candy with loads of violent action and great special effects, then it'll most likely be "good". but if you're expecting 'A Beautiful Mind' or 'Million Dollar Baby'......you're gonna be very disappointed...

I think this will be the first movie that makes my eyes explode because of the overwhelmingly awesome visuals.

Unleashed said:
Both kinds of movies are good
both kinds of movies are good but i would never want to see a Transformers movie done with no fun...

...Million Dollar Baby and A Beautiful Mind are both greath movies (IMO) but they're not FUN to watch. i want to Transformers to be a FUN movie. i want to s*** my pants when i see the movie.

^Remind us all to stay far away from the theatre you choose come summer 2007. :o

I don't understand why every new movie that comes out these days, if it's not a deep art house flick it's a terrible piece of ****:o Maybe it's just me

terry78 said:
^Remind us all to stay far away from the theatre you choose come summer 2007. :o

oh...right.....because your opinion is sooooo much better and superior than mine. :o so sue me if i want the Transformers movie to be "kick ash" instead of a "sensational and dramatic masterpiece that will touch everyone's heart and soul."

DorkyFresh said:
both kinds of movies are good but i would never want to see a Transformers movie done with no fun...

...Million Dollar Baby and A Beautiful Mind are both greath movies (IMO) but they're not FUN to watch. i want to Transformers to be a FUN movie. i want to s*** my pants when i see the movie.

If a movie is not fun to watch why bother watching it? MDB is mediocre, it's the same **** everyone seen just with more melodrama and **** of that nature. A Beautiful Mind is a great film though and is a ton of fun to watch, just because I have to use my brain doesn't make something not fun. If that's how something is for you, then I feel sorry for you. And that's not me talking down to you simply that if I couldn't derive fun from movies that are deeper than the kiddie pool then that would just suck.

My problem with Motown Marvel is he seems to have a problem simply admitting he doesn't like popcorn action flicks which he obviously doesn't. Also the fact that he's not going like TF simply becuase he doesn't like the concept to begin with.

DorkyFresh said:
oh...right.....because your opinion is sooooo much better and superior than mine. :o so sue me if i want the Transformers movie to be "kick ash" instead of a "sensational and dramatic masterpiece that will touch everyone's heart and soul."
I was referring to the ****ting your pants quote.

Movies205 said:
If a movie is not fun to watch why bother watching it?
i still ENJOY movies that aren't FUN to watch. when i watch a Beautiful Mind....i can enjoy it, but i don't think it's a fun movie at all. if i wanted to have fun while watching a movie....i wouldn't watch a movie like a Beautiful Mind. i'd watch something like Spider-Man or the Incredibles. i can ENJOY a movie even if i don't think it's FUN to watch. i can admire Memento even though i don't think it's a FUN movie to watch. catch my drift?

A Beautiful Mind is a great film though and is a ton of fun to watch, just because I have to use my brain doesn't make something not fun.
if you think that watching A Beautiful Mind is fun...kudos! more power to ya! i agree it's a great movie and i like watching it from time to time, but i wouldn't call it a fun movie to watch. that's just how i see it...

If that's how something is for you, then I feel sorry for you. And that's not me talking down to you
don't gimme that BS...anytime anyone says 'i feel sorry for you' just because an opinion differs from theirs, they're trying to talk down to them. it's like a Hulk hater telling a Hulk lover 'i feel sorry for you for actually LIKING that movie.'

really, i could care less what you feel for me...but there's no need to feel sorry for me because i'm perfectly content with the way i view movies. if anything, you should be glad that i have my own view on movies instead of leeching off of what others say.

My problem with Motown Marvel is he seems to have a problem simply admitting he doesn't like popcorn action flicks which he obviously doesn't. Also the fact that he's not going like TF simply becuase he doesn't like the concept to begin with.
now THAT i can agree with you on...:up:

terry78 said:
I was referring to the ****ting your pants quote.
*puts my foot in my mouth* oh.......yeah, i knew that....that's why i posted what i did. i was just seeing what your reactiong was going to be.....

...hehe, i'm totally full of sh**. my fault. it's kinda hard to read humor through text.

Movies205 said:

Well...what's the draw to superhero movies in general? They can be perceived as just a bunch of weird homoerotic looking guys running around in spandex.

The movie will draw younger audiences because of the effects. It will draw the older audiences (like me) because of the nostalgia. And if its good enough, will draw everyone else through word of mouth.

nosebleed said:
Well...what's the draw to superhero movies in general? They can be perceived as just a bunch of weird homoerotic looking guys running around in spandex.

The movie will draw younger audiences because of the effects. It will draw the older audiences (like me) because of the nostalgia. And if its good enough, will draw everyone else through word of mouth.

um... That wasn't my post:confused:

MOve this to the Transformers board! Please Mods!

Nobody goes to them, this a darn good reason forthem 2!

I don't go to indiviual boards because I don't feel like dealing with fanboys... "ZOMG OPTIMUS PRIME ISN'T RED! ZOMG THE MOVIE GOING SUCK" "ZOMG THEY AREN'T USING ORIGINAL VOICE ACTORS THE MOVIE GOING AUTOMATICALLY SUCK!" "ZOMG..." And this goes for every single board... "ZOMG BRYAN SINGER NOT DIRECTING X-MEN 3 IT'S GOING TO SUCK!" ... So please don't move this thread...

Yea, Keep this thread here please.

I think Bay will do a wonderful job here.

And to think that I made this thread here because I forgot that there was a transformers thread,minutes after I created it I realized my mistake:O
but well that depends on the mods, I think just like darth elektra and others have said. Its doing fine here,anyway even though I don't think bay is the best director in terms of storylines I think he could pull off something great here with this movie:)

Anyone think the orginal 80s cartoon theme music will be redone in a new sound for the movie

^. I doubt it, but a remake of the theme would be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"