Revenge of the Fallen Transformers 2 to film in Philadelphia?

WorthyStevens

Green Man
Reaction score
Front page:

"The film industry is [an] increasingly lucrative [thing] for government to em-brace," says Pinkenson. "We already have a reputation as the most cooperative and film-friendly city in the business. Having these tax incentives adds to our attraction. Right now, we’re looking at applications for six to eight films to begin in June, and more to follow."

The not-so-top-secret list includes Remorse, Three Sistas, Shyamalan’s Avatar series, a film based on Marley and Me and possibly Transformers 2. The GPFO website (film.org) is a good gauge of its commitment to making filmmaking a collective experience while enhancing Philly’s reputation as a movie-friendly city with manageable amounts of red tape. "How to" services are offered free of charge and cover everything from hiring a police officer to getting a street closed. There are numerous resources, including screenwriting contests, a job hotline and profiles spotlighting the city’s filmmakers.

The administrator Nelson confirmed Bay is scouting Philadelphia and Washington DC (why am I not surprised?). I guess this could indicate Sam goes to college in this film, which was part of the rejected treatment that was leaked.

I'm excited about this like no other. You bet I will be an extra. I know peops yo. PEOPS. Keep ya posted if this happens.

Good for us :up: I'm sure lots of Hypesters will be around to get spy photos.

If this is true then thats sweet. I live about 90 mins or so from philly.

yo if anyone has any info on if they're casting or calls send me info

I'll let you know...I see tons of breakdowns everyday...so if I see anything I'll post it here...

Transformers 2 Confirmed for Philly?

Source: KYW1060.com April 8, 2008

Philadelphia's KYW Newsradio 1060 has posted an interview with Sharon Pinkenson, executive director of the Great Philadelphia Film Office, that seems to confirm Transformers 2 shooting will take place in the city. Here's a clip:

"Dream of the Romans" has been shooting. 'Tenure", "Happy Tears", and "Marly and Me" are upcoming as is Transformers II. But won't giant robots wreck the place????

"Ha, ha. Let's just say the destruction part is going to be digitally enhanced."

Otherwise, there goes the neighborhood.

Stay tuned for possibly more on this as it comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"