When will the film hit theaters?

Any early screenings? Sneak previews?
Yes.
(last update: 6/26/07)
(old screenings hidden)

Who starring? Who's directing? Etc?

The Voice Cast (so far)

Who's doing the movie soundtrack(s)?
  • An orchestral soundtrack by Steve Jablonsky due in stores at the end of June.
  • A compilation soundtrack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_-_The_Album

1 "What I've Done" Linkin Park
    2 "DoomsDay Clock" Smashing Pumpkins
    3 "This Moment" Disturbed
    4 "Before It's Too Late (Sam and Mikaela's Theme)" Goo Goo Dolls
    5 "Pretty Handsome Awkward" The Used
    6 "Passion's Killing Floor" HIM
    7 "What It Feels Like To Be A Ghost?" Taking Back Sunday
    8 "Second To None" Styles Of Beyond
    9 "End Of The World" Armor For Sleep
    10 "Retina And The Sky" Idiot Pilot
    11 "Technical Difficulties" Julien - K
    12 "Transformers Theme" Mutemath

PREVIEWS
    Goo Goo Dolls - Fiction
    (http://www.alternativeaddiction.com/musicnews/article.asp?id=847)

Mutemath - Transformers Theme
    (http://www.basslinez.net/misc/Transformers.mp3)

FAN MADE(?) - Transformers Theme
    (http://www.sectorseven.org/OHD2/deceptibot/theme.zip)
    SPOILER ALERT - There is a small spoiler in the song, specifically the absence of a character

Stan Bush was rumored to be working on a song for the movie.

Linkin Park's "What I've Done" is the song playing on the latest trailer.

What's the deal with the designs looking different from the cartoon?
  • The reason given to licensors as to why the robots look so different in the film is so that hardcore fans will stay loyal and keep buying the old toys, which they're relaunching, even if they hate the new movie.

Licensing has explicitly stated that companies doing merchandising have to avoid doing anything too similar to the original Transformers line, so as not to mix the two separate and profitable properties.

Any sequels planned?
  • Producers have stated their intent to make two more films. Shia LaBeouf (Sam), Peter Cullen (Optimus), Megan Fox (Mikaela) are all locked in. Cullen was informed by producers to ".. be availible the next year." Spielberg is interested in building a new franchise around Transformers.

The 2nd script is currently being written. Producers have stated they want Soundwave, the Dinobots, and Unicron appear in the next film.

Do you have a link to the trailers?

Let's define some terms..

• All Spark (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allspark)
    A meshing of The Creation Matrix (G1) and the All-Spark (Beast Machines). In the movie, it refers to the object the Autobots and Decepticons have been fighting over for millions of years.
  • Protoform (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protoforms)
    Also from Beast Wars, these are the native forms Transformers have before they scan their alt-mode (vehicles, animals, etc)

Does Optimus Prime have lips?
  • Yes, although, during battle, he keeps his battle mask up.

Are the Autobots/Decepticons able to talk?
  • Yes. So far, none of the trailers have shown them talking. Cast has been hired and is currently recording dialogue. There is an international trailer that theoretically has Optimus speaking, but since it's a workprint, it wasn't final and still being prepped.

If you want to hear Peter Cullen reprise his Optimus role, check out the 2007 MTV Movie Awards show. Cullen has stated his voice will have some modulation on it, to help with the implied scale of Optimus on screen.

Early screenings seem to suggest that some bots will converse entirely in Cybertronian (subtitles)

Is/Are [ ------ ] in the film?
  • Energon Cubes - No.
    There's some confusion if the All Spark is still referred to it due to outdated scripts and novelizations, for the most part, everything refers to the All Spark)
  • Dr. Arkeville, Chip, Carly - No.
  • Dinobots, Insecticons, Headmasters, Targetmasters (all Master teams), Pretenders, Constructions (all Combiners/Gestalts), Microbots, Minicons - No.
  • Shockwave, Soundwave - No.
  • Frenzy - Yes (Minicon-ish; not G1 counterpart)
  • Scorponok - Yes (Minicon-ish; not G1 counterpart)

What Are The Specific Vehicles Used For Alt-Modes In The Movie?
  • Optimus Prime - PeterBuilt Semi-Truck
  • Jazz - Pontiac Solstice
  • Ironhide - GMC Topkickpick-up truck
  • Ratchet - Search & Rescue Hummer H2
  • Bumblebee - Chevrolet Camaro
  • Barricade - Saleen Modified Ford Mustang Police Car
  • Bonecrusher - Buffalo H Mine-Protected vehicle
  • Blackout - MH-53 Pave Low
  • Brawl - Modified M1 Abrams
  • Starscream - F22 Raptor
  • Frenzy - GPX Portable CD/MP3/WMA/AM/FM Boombox

What merchandise/tie-ins are availible?

Any other website tie-ins?

A few actually.

CONTESTS

GAMES

THE EXTENDED EXPERIENCE

BOX OFFICE NUMBERS

$65,725,939 million - DOMESTIC (to date)
$36,253,961 million - INTERNATIONAL (to date)

$101,979,900 - WORLDWIDE (to date)[/u]
[/size]

$8,801,025 - Monday's Previews
$27,851,016 - OPENING DAY (July 3rd, 2007)
$0 - OPENING WEEKEND (domestic) (Fri - Sun only - 3 days)
$0 - OPENING WEEKEND (domestic) (Monday - Sun only - 6.5 days)
$34.7 million - OPENING WEEKEND (international - 2261 in 10 countries)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117967937.html?categoryid=13&cs=1
[ Source for international numbers ]

http://news.fantasymoguls.com/originalcontent/2007/07/transformers-tr.html
[ Source for Domestic Box Office Total ]

http://showbizdata.com/dailybox.cfm
[ Source for Domestic opening night total ]

'TRANSFORMERS' OPENING NIGHT: Likely grabs $9M-$10M in Monday night
previews; $30M+ possible Tuesday; All-time biggest opening 7 days for a
non-sequel?; $150M+ targeted

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/transformers-starts-7-day-release-tonight/

Nobody I know is predicting less than $125 mil for the 6 1/2-day period starting 8 p.m. tonight through Sunday for rock em, sock 'em Transformers -- except for DreamWorks / Paramount which is lowering expectations to $100 mil.

------------

This FAQ will be updated with new questions as necessary.

If you can think of any commonly asked questions to add, PM me. The purpose of this FAQ is to help any casual/new fans who may visit the forum. It is not intended to be used as a debate tool or soapbox, so let's keep it informational please.

Here is a G1 and Movie synopsis side by side that Cflash put together for me,this ends the debate guys,ive read it over and it's a good way to explain to fans and none fans alike exactly what is what.

=========================================================

Transformers Movie Premise.

Pursuing the AllSpark, which imbues them with the gift of sentience, to Earth, and disguising themselves in plain sight, the heroic Autobots struggle to prevent the evil Decepticons from transforming human's machinery to a new legion of warriors born to a single purpose: conquest of the universe... beginning with Earth.

Transformers Original Premise.

With fuel supplies on their home world running low, the heroic Autobots and evil Decepticons travel through space in search of a new source, which leads them to Earth, a world that from their perspective is rich in the minerals and chemicals they need. Disguising themselves in plain sight, the Transformers engage in a war for control of Earth's bountiful natural resources...

Works for me, hopefully the thread can keep moving forward now.

Under the "Is/Are [ ------ ] in the film?"

Change Constructicons to Gestalt (catch all term for Transformers who combined to form bigger robots), Headmasters, Targetmasters, etc. etc can be shortened to "Masters teams" (I say this because you left out several masters teams including Breastmasters [not a joke], Brainmasters, and powermasters), Microbots need to be included as a "no".

As for yes you should note Frenzy is derived from the cassettes, and that Scorponoks name comes from the Decepticon Headmasters/Terrorcon (SL) leader of the same name. Also that he shares properties of a Minicon.

The Allspark comes from Beast Machines not Beast Wars.

Under the "Is/Are [ ------ ] in the film?"

Change Constructicons to Gestalt (catch all term for Transformers who combined to form bigger robots), Headmasters, Targetmasters, etc. etc can be shortened to "Masters teams" (I say this because you left out several masters teams including Breastmasters [not a joke], Brainmasters, and powermasters), Microbots need to be included as a "no".

As for yes you should note Frenzy is derived from the cassettes, and that Scorponoks name comes from the Decepticon Headmasters/Terrorcon (SL) leader of the same name. Also that he shares properties of a Minicon.

The Allspark comes from Beast Machines not Beast Wars.

None of my friends (old school TF G1 lapsed fans) will know who "Gestalt" is. :cwink: "Constructicons nor any other combiners" would be a better line.

Yeah, we called `em combiners, but I included both just so it's clear :)

Thanks for the correction/update!

None of my friends (old school TF G1 lapsed fans) will know who "Gestalt" is. :cwink: "Constructicons nor any other combiners" would be a better line.
Gestalt is the "official" transfan term though. It's actually a french word that means "to come together" I believe.

Gestalt is the "official" transfan term though. It's actually a french word that means "to come together" I believe.

It's a psychological theory, basicly it means the whole is not just the sum of the parts.

"TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE FAQ
(last update: 6/7/07)

* US - June 2nd (8pm); June 3rd (official release date) - 2007"

Uh, this is wrong. haha.

"TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE FAQ
(last update: 6/7/07)

* US - June 2nd (8pm); June 3rd (official release date) - 2007"

Uh, this is wrong. haha.

This is correct, the date was changed.

Hah, no, he's right, I can't believe I missed that somehow :D

(I had it as June, not July..)

*slaps forehead*

Dammit, we all would have seen it by now :(

So I was thinking...perhaps Optimus Prime has flames, well, not because of Bay 'said so', but could they have done that since Rodimus Prime WON'T be in the movie? He really can't, just for the fact that Peter Cullen has signed on for two sequels.

Just a thought.

So I was thinking...perhaps Optimus Prime has flames, well, not because of Bay 'said so', but could they have done that since Rodimus Prime WON'T be in the movie? He really can't, just for the fact that Peter Cullen has signed on for two sequels.

Just a thought.

Not sure about this. The Bay reasoning off "Why flames? Because I wanted flames" sounds much more likely. I don't see too many people being concerned over whether or not Rodimus is going to be introduced not least of all because it would mean the big OP would have to be killed.

Also just because PC has signed on for three doesn't mean they can't kill OP off. Kill him off in 3 after 20 minutes and bingo, PC has done his contract and we have Rodimus Prime.

That better not happen by the way. Prime doesn't need to die again.

i would love to see rodimus prime, and ultra magnus as well. they could kill prime and then bring him back later.
i wonder what car would rodimus prime be, since in the cartoon he becomes a racing van or something.

QUESTION:

How where the robots "born" on Cybertron? Or is it like human kind? God made Adam and Eve vs. science: Big Boom...???

Someone/Something must have made them?

Steve

Possibly big bang theory...instead of aliens with green skin, other planets have robots instead. But Cybertron is also placed in a different area...like, through black holes and what not...it's kinda explain in Transformers: Ghosts of Yesterday.

QUESTION:

How where the robots "born" on Cybertron? Or is it like human kind? God made Adam and Eve vs. science: Big Boom...???

Someone/Something must have made them?

Steve

Are you referring to film or G1? In G1 cartoon they were created by the Quintisson's as two different product lines: Consumer Goods (Autobots) and Military Hardware (Decepticons). After a time they learn to feel emotions, rebel against the Quints, take the planet then war begins between the robots. The Decepticons being skilled in weapons win and rule...until the Autobots learn the art of Transforming...they rule and then Decepticons learn the art as well. War for thousands of years then Megatron is created and Orion Pax is reconstructed as Optimus Prime by Alpha Trion.

If you knew all of this apologies :)

Are you referring to film or G1? In G1 cartoon they were created by the Quintisson's as two different product lines: Consumer Goods (Autobots) and Military Hardware (Decepticons). After a time they learn to feel emotions, rebel against the Quints, take the planet then war begins between the robots. The Decepticons being skilled in weapons win and rule...until the Autobots learn the art of Transforming...they rule and then Decepticons learn the art as well. War for thousands of years then Megatron is created and Orion Pax is reconstructed as Optimus Prime by Alpha Trion.

If you knew all of this apologies :)

aahhhh that takes me back...i have the entire G1 dvd collection and yep...that was perfectly explained...
although the quintessons are introduced a season after we learn of alpha trion and orion pax....those were the days.

Nope! Didn't know anything about all of this.

Another question: Wich episodes in wich season handle about this?

About Quintisson's, the war and Megatron being created and Orion Pax becoming Optimus Prime.

Thanks for explaining!

And i was reffering to the cartoons because i thought the movie will handle this the same way (like how Kal-el becomes Superman, Peter Parker becoming Spider-Man,...)

Steve

Hmm I kinda liked the comic version better of how Prime came to be, but you are right Shigsy2003, that does cover the important parts.

Nope! Didn't know anything about all of this.

Another question: Wich episodes in wich season handle about this?

About Quintisson's, the war and Megatron being created and Orion Pax becoming Optimus Prime.

Thanks for explaining!

And i was reffering to the cartoons because i thought the movie will handle this the same way (like how Kal-el becomes Superman, Peter Parker becoming Spider-Man,...)

Steve

No problem :)

You want to watch: War Dawn (Season 2) to learn about Prime's history and The Five Faces of Darkness Part 4 for the history of the Quitesson's creating the robots and Megatron being created.

My only problem with Megs history is from the looks of it, it appears that the Constructicons created him (unless they just look like them) although as I am sure any G1 fan knows just what is the real Constructicon origin? Were they built on Earth as stated in Heavy Metal War (Season 1), turned evil by Megatron's RoboSmasher in The Secret of Omega Supreme (Season 2) OR did they indeed create Megatron as hinted at in The Five Faces of Darkness Part 4 (Season 3)?

aahhhh that takes me back...i have the entire G1 dvd collection and yep...that was perfectly explained...

although the quintessons are introduced a season after we learn of alpha trion and orion pax....those were the days.

Thank you and yes we learn about Alpha Trion in The Search for Alpha Trion (Season 2 latter) and Pax/Prime in War Dawn (latter half of Season 2).

Hmm I kinda liked the comic version better of how Prime came to be, but you are right Shigsy2003, that does cover the important parts.

Cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"