Revenge of the Fallen RRodriguez to Have Bigger Role in Transformers 3

craigdbfan

Avenger
Reaction score
The Los Angeles Times has published an article on Ramon Rodriguez, who plays Leo Spitz in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It sounds like he'll be back for the third installment:

Director Michael Bay has a third "Transformers" film in mind, and if it plays out as he expects, the next installment would have a more substantial role for Rodriguez. The filmmaker, speaking at his office a few weeks before "Revenge of the Fallen" was released, seemed to have some pride of discovery when talking about Rodriguez.

"I've worked with big stars, people like Will Smith, Sean Connery and Bruce Willis, but casting is a weird thing, it takes you places you don't expect," Bay said. "We went looking for a sidekick in this movie, Shia's sidekick, and we find this new kid who really pops on screen. I think he’s going to have a real bright career. It's great to work with big stars, but it's always fun to discover people."

- Comingsoon

Are you guys ecstatic about his possible return? Or completely bummed that the character will be back?

rodrigueztf3.jpg

this is just talk IMO. they have nothing. and if the movie happens in 3 years then i expect a lot of changes from the ideas that they talked now.

He wasn't bad. As long as his role has some semblance of meaning and goes somewhere, it is what it is. "More screentime" seems sort of relative in this franchise.

this is just talk IMO. they have nothing. and if the movie happens in 3 years then i expect a lot of changes from the ideas that they talked now.

Its coming straight from Bay though. He seems to have quite a bit of control as well when it comes to characters and casting. Something that was obvious from TF2, in how he added characters that really have no purpose for anything (the Twins).

If Bay wants Rodriquez back for the third even though a script hasn't even been written, he'll get included if Bay demands it.

Last edited:
The Los Angeles Times has published an article on Ramon Rodriguez, who plays Leo Spitz in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. It sounds like he'll be back for the third installment:

Are you guys ecstatic about his possible return? Or completely bummed that the character will be back?

rodrigueztf3.jpg

Annoyed. He was dip**** pusy. Most pointless character ever. At least Anthony Anderson was decently funny in the first fim, sans the Wolverine line.

His character needs to disappear, along with the Twins and Simmons.

Hopefully for the third film they establish some sort of non government sector that is compromised of those who have come to know the Autobots and the Decepticons on a level that most normal civilians haven't.

It would be a type of task force that Leo and Sam could work in and help out NEST and the Autobots. I think that would make the human characters less annoying to a certain extent.

The third film has potential. We can get away from the school, and parent aspect and move on to a more human/Autobot team ups taking on the Decepticons with some space travel as was hinted by Shia last week.

I liked his character........... he is the everyday average joe. He is practically one of us..... how do you think how we would react if Megatron was after us????

We had Sam and Mikaela for that in the first movie. Do we need with every new movie now another character that represents the average joe? And Sam still freaks like a girl from time to time even though he's already used to the concept of killer robots.

His character needs to disappear, along with the Twins and Simmons.
At least Simmons was more sedated (yes, that's the word I'm looking for) in ROTF.

But that guy is the average Joe that is reacting to huge robots blowing **** up. Sam is used to it and not weirded out. And since nobody seemed to panic or look for Sam after the fallen's announcement, that guy was the only one in the role of the average joe in the movie.

He was annoying at times, but i didnt mind him so much.

If Bay says such good things about him, expect him to become part of the hollywood masons soon. He will be in every Paramount movie. The Buff will be new Indiana and he will be his sidekick.

I liked Torturro this time. His character needs to stay. Like.. forever. He provides the out of the blue wacky moments.

Torturro and the other humans could easily have provided the necessary comedy relief. They shouldnt have created two new robots and spent all this money on them just for the comedy relief. A cool autobot could have done some pranks without overdoing it. Although the ice-cream truck was both awesome and funny.
Ah... goddamnit i think that i liked the twins... I just that they took time that could have been used on Sideswipe or Ironhide.

His character was just there to provide the uninitiated person's reaction and perspective to events, and to basically allow the filmmakers to say "Look, we know the idea of a coverup is ridiculous. No one would buy it in the real world". And to show, in some ways, I think, how special Sam is. Leo spazzed out. Sam spazzed out and had the courage to get things done. I think Leo was supposed to be sort of a foil for Sam. A reflection of sorts.

It wasn't deep, but it wasn't a horrible element, this guy who wants to know more, and when he finds out more, isn't remotely ready for it. The actor himself did a decent job with what he had to work with.

His character was just there to provide the uninitiated person's reaction and perspective to events, and to basically allow the filmmakers to say "Look, we know the idea of a coverup is ridiculous. No one would buy it in the real world". And to show, in some ways, I think, how special Sam is. Leo spazzed out. Sam spazzed out and had the courage to get things done. I think Leo was supposed to be sort of a foil for Sam. A reflection of sorts.

It wasn't deep, but it wasn't a horrible element, this guy who wants to know more, and when he finds out more, isn't remotely ready for it. The actor himself did a decent job with what he had to work with.
Nice post! :applaud

I liked his character, he made me laugh a few times, mainly when he tazed himself I laughed so freakin much at that partXD
So I wouldn't mind if they expanded his part a bit, maybe give character development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"