Sequels Transformers 6 and future sequels thread

I enjoy the property outside of the Bay films. There were some very good comics published by IDW recently.

Been awhile since I posted in the TF forums here, but I finally caught The Last Knight the other day and was really disappointed with it. While I've lost track of Transformers in general the last few years, I would still consider myself a fan of the property. Despite their flaws, I did enjoy the first four films, but I couldn't find anything redeemable with this entry. So I do hope that Bay is finally done with the franchise. The film franchise really does need a reboot at this point, but I know that that isn't likely. Hopefully a change in directors will give the franchise a boost at least.

Couldn't agree more with all of this. I enjoyed the first 4 but TLK was awful.

After some months have passed, and given how my opinion on TLK's changed a lot since first viewing, gotta agree with you guys. For me, it's up there with Age Of Extinction as the worst Transformers movie now.

Honestly wasn't such a big fan of the Mission Impossible franchise after MI:3 which I thought was okay mainly for Seymour-Hoffman playing an awesome, slimy villain. But Bird definitely hit it out of the park with that movie.

Plus, look at the Fast/Furious franchise becoming one of the biggest things on the planet after that mediocre third film.

So I guess the point is here, a franchise rejuvenation is possible.

Oh, it's absolutely possible, but they need someone who gives a **** behind that camera. We need someone that grew up with the property. We need someone that cried when Optimus died goddammit! ???? We need...me and you Vile. :funny: If we could get some consultant gigs we'd bang out an absolutely amazing, true to the material movie. Not this **** we've been getting. **** it! Let's take a step back! Let's make the designs boxy and simplistic again! Let's bring back all of the voice cast that's still alive, and let's crank out one epic ass movie for the late 30 somethings that grew up this ****! Who's with me?!?!

Skull Devil, off topic...is your avatar from the PS Spider-Man video game where at the end you're hauling ass down the hallway to get away from a symbiote covered Doc Ock where if you made even the SLIGHTEST screw up, he was all over your ass?! It reminded me of a level in Battletoads where you hauled ass across the screen and had to be so perfect with your execution it was borderline impossible.

Yeppity yep yep. :woot:

That game was my childhood and Monster Ock is terrifyingly awesome.

Oh, it's absolutely possible, but they need someone who gives a **** behind that camera. We need someone that grew up with the property. We need someone that cried when Optimus died goddammit! ???? We need...me and you Vile. :funny: If we could get some consultant gigs we'd bang out an absolutely amazing, true to the material movie. Not this **** we've been getting. **** it! Let's take a step back! Let's make the designs boxy and simplistic again! Let's bring back all of the voice cast that's still alive, and let's crank out one epic ass movie for the late 30 somethings that grew up this ****! Who's with me?!?!
Lol :D

On paper I'd love a job like that but I think I'd get fired for basically telling the brass "All the Transformers were **** before. Here's how we are doing it now." And I'd basically start by telling them to junk all the old movie designs and start over from scratch. I'd reinforce to make the bots look like the IDW comics and the Generations figures just done in live-action. Like having actual faces and cool robotic designs. None of the twisted jagged metal crap we've been getting for the last 10 years.

I'd also throw in GI JOE and MASK references, but no actual crossovers. Let it happen naturally.

But I feel like the newer games, toys, and IDW comics have proven that you can simply update the classic designs and still make them look cool and modern but without getting rid those aesthetic elements that made the Autobots and Transformers characters so appealing in the first place and gave the property longevity.

Also, I'd want the bots to have actual characters, agency and dialogue, which I feel the Bay movies have generally failed to do. The Robots are always just these gimmicky loudmouth goofballs and they don't seem to have any actual characters or agency in the plot at all.

Just finished watching it.
Movie torture. Disliked it immensely, utter tripe.

Man, this was such a garbage.

I just remembered watching it with a friend at the cinema back in June. We regretted so much afterwards spending money on this junk. Probably the 2nd worst cinema experience i have ever had after Independence Day Resurgence.

Incoherent, jubled mess. Weirdly edited and badly paced. Full of cringe. And the problem is it never ends. After 1 hour into it, you beg it to be over, but it simply doesn't.

And yes, that comes from a guy who thoroughly enjoyed 1-4.

Crossing my fingers for Travis Knight to deliver some fresh blood with the Bumblebee spin-off, even though I don't care for the character that much.

I just remembered watching it with a friend at the cinema back in June. We regretted so much afterwards spending money on this junk. Probably the 2nd worst cinema experience i have ever had after Independence Day Resurgence.

Incoherent, jubled mess. Weirdly edited and badly paced. Full of cringe. And the problem is it never ends. After 1 hour into it, you beg it to be over, but it simply doesn't.

Have to agree with every bit of this.

Hopefully next year's Bumblebee will actually have a compelling story

36Z1yU.jpg

Barricade with shades. This was actually considered at one point.

I'm wheezing.

Why the **** does he have four eyes?

The possibility for memes are practically endless...

Why the **** does he have four eyes?

He's had four eyes since the first film, they just redesigned the rest of his face to be more humanoid, so it looks a bit unusual.

Barricade with cop shades would have easily fit right in with the rest of this mess of a movie.

It's time to admit it. The movie designs sucked. They always sucked. They always added stupid unnecessary details and ruined the cool aesthetics of these characters.

I agree, I've always disliked the silly details they've given these characters. It's weird that war machines from outer space walk around with beards, hair, baseball caps, cigars, sunglasses, and trench coats. If they did this in moderation (like in some of the cartoons) it could be a cute way of humanizing them here and there and adding a bit of personality, but they go way too overboard with the funny details. A little of that goes a long way. My favorite designs are just the ones that look like cool robots, like Sideswipe. I don't like how many moving parts they give them in general though.

I just never cared for the spindly spikey twisted metal look they went for them. I think the idea they were going for is that like the guts of the vehicle is making up their facial parts, humanoid limbs, and what not, but it looks awful.

They all have been that pretty much exactly that, apart from the first maybe. I don't get how you could enjoy Revenge of The Fallen for example, which was EASILY the worst Transformers movie ever! It was full of cringe, juvenile stuff, it was filled with bad jokes and dogs humping eachother or the leg of Megan Fox!

I am a massive Transformers fan and it pains me the ***** I had to go through after the first movie... which I must mention, wasn't great by any means, but at least it was much better than the disaster which came afterwards. Not even Wahlberg saved these movies, although getting rid of Shia was definetly a plus.

Last edited:
finally got a chance to see this and I couldn't get passed the part where Megatron goes after Marky Mark and that Spanish girl started getting rowdy with megatron

F that man what an atrocity

Reboot plz

This is actually growing on me on re-watches, there are parts of a good TF movie here, and the first 45 mins and the last 45 mins are actually quite entertaining.

It’s the middle hour which brings the movie down as there is just too much exposition with not much pay off. I like the characters of Izabella and Vivian and they both give strong performances. But Cogman just wasn’t needed. And those Transformers in WWII scenes were not needed either.

Prime being evil was botched, but his redemption scene was done quite well, and his subsequent actions, while all too brief mostly, were pretty damn good. Bumblebee was awesome as ever. I actually like the story they came up with, and Quintessa as a villain, but the execution of the story was the main problem. Bay seemed in auto pilot and couldn’t seem to decide on this being a sequel to AOE or the first 3 movies. It’s a shame as with a more passionate director, this could have turned into a decent movie.

I hope for Transformers 6 we have a new director who is fan of the material and can give us a really good movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"